• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

G-LOC Question

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Back to the OP. Don't worry so much about size/weight/body type. The great equalizer is a proper strain and experience pulling g's. If you do it everyday for a week, your body learns how to compensate, much like running a lot makes you a better runner. Also, make sure you've got food in your stomach. The only time I greyed out in the Rhino was on a BFM flight barely after sunrise without eating. It was a scary feeling because you are completely confused/retarded for several seconds. Lastly, you will learn when you need to strain to "turn the lights back on" and when not to in order to save energy.

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
I wish I had known "when not to" during CFET. Maybe then I could've climbed down the stairs on my own afterward.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Back to the OP. Don't worry so much about size/weight/body type. The great equalizer is a proper strain and experience pulling g's. If you do it everyday for a week, your body learns how to compensate, much like running a lot makes you a better runner. Also, make sure you've got food in your stomach. The only time I greyed out in the Rhino was on a BFM flight barely after sunrise without eating. It was a scary feeling because you are completely confused/retarded for several seconds. Lastly, you will learn when you need to strain to "turn the lights back on" and when not to in order to save energy.

Perfect gouge here ^^^^^. Train like you fight.

Njc242

malli9 said:
How many G's would you feel on that Roller Coaster? Does anyone know or can take a good guess?

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it.

haha a small 4-5 G's

even though it was pathetic that it happened I thought it was so awesome id do it again, but this time I kept breathing and I was good.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
haha a small 4-5 G's

even though it was pathetic that it happened I thought it was so awesome id do it again, but this time I kept breathing and I was good.

I think that's a peak reading during initial acceleration, and that's not in the z-axis.

sundevil_av8r

pilot
#1 rule of Naval aviation: Don't worry about what you have no control over.

You won't be able to change your body type (relatively) but you can work on your fitness and strength. True, a guy who is in great shape may have a slightly lower G tolerance, but he will be able to endure the G's and fight through it. Best advice for CFET... be in the best shape you can, don't drink for several nights before, eat, and be 100% hydrated.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot

Absolutely concur. Let me add hydration to that list as well. Being dehydrated makes your blood thicker, and its harder for your heart to get the blood where it needs to go. The only times Ive had trouble were on Tacform or ACM hops on the hot days in K-rock when you sweat a ton just walking to the jet. The best way to fight Gs is by being rested, fed, hydrated and getting a good AGSM on.

As for the body type dont worry about it too much. Im a skinny runner type and did just fine. All those high-BP genes floating around in my family were good for something.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
haha a small 4-5 G's

Absolutely no way. I know what 5 Gs feels like, and no roller coaster Ive ever been on approaches it. More like 2Gs, certainly no more than 3.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pretty sure the average fat f*** American riding a rollercoaster would die of a heart attack if rollercoasters exceeded the 2-3G range

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Pretty sure your balls don't g-loc...or your pecker...I don't think. I never g-locked in a COD!! Pulled 7.2 in a T-2C...well I didn't, the XO did and yes, overstressed the plane. I'm kind of a big dude and never had a problem in the aircraft in which I could acutally pull g's. Used to commonly pull 5-6g's in the break with no problems but dont' know how I would have handled tactical jets and their standard. I've seen some kids have issue's at 4 g's though. At least they told me they had issues, I couldn't see them. Like someone said, don't worry about what you can't control.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
BEST advice for CFET is sleep. The only guy who passed out in our class was a guy who got screwed over by the airlines, had about 1 hour of sleep and then showed up to class. He was gone right away. The rest matter too, but your body needs to be well rested. Eating, drinking, in shape... all secondary.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
BEST advice for CFET is sleep. The only guy who passed out in our class was a guy who got screwed over by the airlines, had about 1 hour of sleep and then showed up to class. He was gone right away. The rest matter too, but your body needs to be well rested. Eating, drinking, in shape... all secondary.

Not sure if they are still doing this, but it has been common practice for our wing to send students out on a mid-afternoon flight from Meridian, normally 3 legs out to Fresno (plus the 40 min drive into lemoore), arriving late into the night. I think I finally checked into my room at midnight, and I know others who didn't get there until 1 or 2 am. Makes for pretty shitty sleep when you have a 0700 start time the same morning. SATO is freaking retarded....

And of course in keeping with doing the most inconvenient thing possible, we had an early AM departure the next day for home.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
I don't know if its still true but CFET is much harder than the airplane even though its the same number of G's. It just feels different. Are they still sending sickly children straight out of SERE to the 'fuge? That was a ball buster.