• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

G-LOC Question

Lonestar155

is good to go
I LOVE the middle eastern guy that says, "im losing it"... "no your not your only at 2 g's" Hahahhahaaa hilarious.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
the vid was on patricksaviation.com

"I'm gonna lose it" -Indian guy

"No youre not....It's only be 2 Gs!" -Controller

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It looked like they only wnet up to 5.5G's, not as high as you go in the Navy one.......even for Prowler guys........:D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It looked like they only wnet up to 5.5G's, not as high as you go in the Navy one.......even for Prowler guys........:D

That's cause they goad the Prowler guys into doing the Hornet profile ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, 4.5 Gs and they're straining that hard?

Some of them look YOUNG, like Cadets or something.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Wow, 4.5 Gs and they're straining that hard?

Some of them look YOUNG, like Cadets or something.

AGSM is much harder if you are not good at it. I used to get a little but of tunnel vision with 3.5-4 g sustained for 2-3 sec in the T-34. I started straining harder and harder. Then I realized I wasn't doing the hick maneuver correctly. After that, I barely had to strain at all.

I'm sure if I was ever pulling 7 g (unlikely in a helo), I would have to hick properly and hard.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AGSM is much harder if you are not good at it. I used to get a little but of tunnel vision with 3.5-4 g sustained for 2-3 sec in the T-34. I started straining harder and harder. Then I realized I wasn't doing the hick maneuver correctly. After that, I barely had to strain at all.

Everyone has their seperate tolerance and days. I've greyed at 3G... I've sustained 6G without so much as a light leg squeeze. I've never hicked that hard at 4.5, that's for sure.

What's really funny is watching people do the 7.5G defensive set in the Navy centerfuge.... PAIN.

I'm sure if I was ever pulling 7 g (unlikely in a helo), I would have to hick properly and hard.

You'd die. Your helo would blow up :)

Jay

Heard the training command starting like next month is going to be sending studs to the centrifuge prior to starting in the T-45 rather than before the FRS, and if you pass out, much like our sisters in the AF, one more chance......and you're out!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heard the training command starting like next month is going to be sending studs to the centrifuge prior to starting in the T-45 rather than before the FRS, and if you pass out, much like our sisters in the AF, one more chance......and you're out!

Makes sense.... ACM syllabus you'll hit 7.3 Gs.

Interesting, you don't "attrite" from Hornets if you pass out. You just do it again.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
The most painful experience of my life.

Try doing it 5 days after SERE...

7.5G's looking over your shoulder for 30 seconds. I got to do it for an extra 10 because I didn't get enough of a pull at the start. The stickers on the wall went almost black, and I head to really bear down and squeeze through it. Anyone else get G measels?

Oh yeah, the "DIVE NAVY" sticker they have you look at? I could only see the I... and just barely so. I got G-measels that day, had some the other day from some BFM too.