• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, we’re in the same district. Totally could’ve catalyzed here.
All I can say is, the least they could do is allow us late submission. It’s not entitlement or whatever else the idea might be accused of being, it was a mistake we had no part in. It’s ridiculous. And the fact that the list didn’t even come out until today so there was ample time to fix it just irritates me.

Thanks. We’ll see what happens ??

Here is the thing, if the applications were held up at the NRD level then they still have to go to NRC, get processor review, get PM review, then sent to board, odds of that happening in a day are not good.

It does suck, once we had several application waiting to get to be reviewed by NRC processor who then ended up going on "emergency leave" that resulted in applications not getting pushed up for review. The resulting response from NRC was "there will be another board on XX/XX/XX"

Thanos

Here is the thing, if the applications were held up at the NRD level then they still have to go to NRC, get processor review, get PM review, then sent to board, odds of that happening in a day are not good.

It does suck, once we had several application waiting to get to be reviewed by NRC processor who then ended up going on "emergency leave" that resulted in applications not getting pushed up for review. The resulting response from NRC was "there will be another board on XX/XX/XX"

That makes sense, thanks for keeping it real.
Idk where it got held up yet. I was told a few weeks ago that my NRD’s NCCS assistant chief recruiter confirmed my app was submitted. So if that means it was past the processor review, what happened? If it’s not past that stage, then I suppose that’s where the issue occurred. I’m just at a loss of how I can prevent this in the future; if I have to wait until the next one, how do I ensure this won’t just keep happening indefinitely? This would be the second time I’ve missed a board due to external factors, and this was the very thing I was worried about when I didn’t make it in August

exNavyOffRec

Idk where it got held up yet. I was told a few weeks ago that my NRD’s NCCS assistant chief recruiter confirmed my app was submitted. So if that means it was past the processor review, what happened? If it’s not past that stage, then I suppose that’s where the issue occurred. I’m just at a loss of how I can prevent this in the future; if I have to wait until the next one, how do I ensure this won’t just keep happening indefinitely? This would be the second time I’ve missed a board due to external factors, and this was the very thing I was worried about when I didn’t make it in August

That would indicate it was sent from the NRD to NRC, then they have processor and PM review.

1812TC

There is no guarantee there won’t be hiccups out of your control. I’ve dealt with this for over 2 years to include the August board, got accepted as a late submission to be turned back for another document being expired that wasn’t when it started ??‍♂️. It happens just stay positive, and stay persistent, but remember if it can happen to those of us that have given 10 years to service it can happen to anyone. The United States does not owe you anything, don’t take that negatively, just remain humble and focus on your goal. And best of luck to you all. I’ll check some more when I get my laptop fired up at home.

cinnamon

There is no guarantee there won’t be hiccups out of your control. I’ve dealt with this for over 2 years to include the August board, got accepted as a late submission to be turned back for another document being expired that wasn’t when it started ??‍♂️. It happens just stay positive, and stay persistent, but remember if it can happen to those of us that have given 10 years to service it can happen to anyone. The United States does not owe you anything, don’t take that negatively, just remain humble and focus on your goal. And best of luck to you all. I’ll check some more when I get my laptop fired up at home.

Can you let me know if the list is updated tomorrow? So I’m not giving people outdated information and also in case more people are added.

One more business day and then it’s out of our hands ?

cinnamon

Attention all:

I have just been privately messaged and informed that the “at board” list isn’t entirely accurate. A recruiter has informed, and I quote, that “there are things that we see in systems outside of the mpte domain that are more accurate in nature.”

I think moving forward it is best to get confirmation from your recruiter as it is the most accurate. I’m sorry for any inconvenience! Stay positive, stay motivated!!

Rich Kuya

I'm in the same boat as you... I missed the same boards as well for the same reasons. Honestly, I am frustrated too. I got off of the phone with a higher up from NRD Dallas a few hours ago and he was telling me that they are trying to crack down on these situations. Apparantly this has happened to a handful of us (telling us our packets are "submitted, ready to go, just waiting on Board to convene" and then our names not being on the At Board List and our packets never making it all the way through. For you and I this is our second time.) I was assured that they are trying their best to figure out how to prevent these situations from happening again. Seems like this one was out of their control and as frustrated as I may be, I feel like those working with our packages are also frustrated with the error.

I respect all of those working to get us to cross that finish line with our packages. I am going to try and keep faith in the process and in the fact that if I do my part, somebody will be finishing their end of it. I feel the best we can do is to continue following up with them. I was assured that I would be set and taken care of for the January board since my packet never made it through. As hinted earlier, this will be my 3rd time waiting now. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this man. Hope everything is turning out okay. If you are not on this board, I hope to be in the next one with you in January.

Apologize for the preachings and long winded message. I too am trying to stay positive and persistent through the process.

Good luck to all of you on this board!

Thanos

Attention all:

I have just been privately messaged and informed that the “at board” list isn’t entirely accurate. A recruiter has informed, and I quote, that “there are things that we see in systems outside of the mpte domain that are more accurate in nature.”

I think moving forward it is best to get confirmation from your recruiter as it is the most accurate. I’m sorry for any inconvenience! Stay positive, stay motivated!!

I certainly hope you’re right!! I contacted a new recruiter at my NRD. She is being gracious enough to help me tomorrow’s to figure out what’s up.

I'm in the same boat as you... I missed the same boards as well for the same reasons. Honestly, I am frustrated too. I got off of the phone with a higher up from NRD Dallas a few hours ago and he was telling me that they are trying to crack down on these situations. Apparantly this has happened to a handful of us (telling us our packets are "submitted, ready to go, just waiting on Board to convene" and then our names not being on the At Board List and our packets never making it all the way through. For you and I this is our second time.) I was assured that they are trying their best to figure out how to prevent these situations from happening again. Seems like this one was out of their control and as frustrated as I may be, I feel like those working with our packages are also frustrated with the error.

I respect all of those working to get us to cross that finish line with our packages. I am going to try and keep faith in the process and in the fact that if I do my part, somebody will be finishing their end of it. I feel the best we can do is to continue following up with them. I was assured that I would be set and taken care of for the January board since my packet never made it through. As hinted earlier, this will be my 3rd time waiting now. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this man. Hope everything is turning out okay. If you are not on this board, I hope to be in the next one with you in January.

Apologize for the preachings and long winded message. I too am trying to stay positive and persistent through the process.

Good luck to all of you on this board!

You’re not being preachy at all man haha, I totally agree. It’s nice to not feel alone. It’s always easier to be negative; much harder to stay positive! We’ll see what happens. Good luck to you too ?