• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Just found out i wasn't selected for the August board. However, I am retesting and reapplying for the Oct board. Any and all tips would be helpful because I REFUSE to fail.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Just found out i wasn't selected for the August board. However, I am retesting and reapplying for the Oct board. Any and all tips would be helpful because I REFUSE to fail.
Are you allowed to submit to consecutive boards? I thought that wasn’t allowed? Maybe it was a different community?

srp_4737

I know this should go in the "motivational statement" thread but no one answered me there. Are you guys (applying SNA) making your motivational statement about aviation specifically? Or focusing more on being an officer in a general sense?

swmonroe88

pilot
I know this should go in the "motivational statement" thread but no one answered me there. Are you guys (applying SNA) making your motivational statement about aviation specifically? Or focusing more on being an officer in a general sense?

I spoke about both... talked about how I learned how to be a leader while I was enlisted and wanted to continue doing such as an officer but that my passion/background as far as a career was concerned was aviation.

MockingbirdT

Retest a
Mine is more focusing on becoming an Officer but I talk about the journey i took to become a civilian pilot and my passion for aviation. so kinda of both

LoLo

Clown

While the board makes their decisions given the relativity [if we can call it that] of the competition, objectively and peer-to-peer, the motivational statement is one of the few aspects of the application process which allows for a subjective analysis of the applicant.
Not trying to knock you for gathering information, only saying that you should be more concerned with answering why you want to be a Naval Aviator, and plead your case to the board with your interpretation of the duties and responsibilities of that specific career track.
What other people are doing and saying is only going to benefit you so much, and if you bend your take for the sake of seeming like a better fit, against your actual expectations of the job/title/lifestyle/etc... You're only going to set yourself up for disappointment.

Having considered all that, I explained how my career had led me to a point in life where I felt capable of upholding the special trust and confidence delegated to Naval Officers, and how my proven track record in the field of aviation made me an adequate fit for a position in flight school and the fleet (regardless of airframe).

Hope that helps you out.

srp_4737

While the board makes their decisions given the relativity [if we can call it that] of the competition, objectively and peer-to-peer, the motivational statement is one of the few aspects of the application process which allows for a subjective analysis of the applicant.
Not trying to knock you for gathering information, only saying that you should be more concerned with answering why you want to be a Naval Aviator, and plead your case to the board with your interpretation of the duties and responsibilities of that specific career track.
What other people are doing and saying is only going to benefit you so much, and if you bend your take for the sake of seeming like a better fit, against your actual expectations of the job/title/lifestyle/etc... You're only going to set yourself up for disappointment.

Having considered all that, I explained how my career had led me to a point in life where I felt capable of upholding the special trust and confidence delegated to Naval Officers, and how my proven track record in the field of aviation made me an adequate fit for a position in flight school and the fleet (regardless of airframe).

Hope that helps you out.

This is some great information. I will keep that mentality going forward. Thank you

exNavyOffRec

Hope that helps you out.

you are under the assumption someone is actually going to read the motivational statement.