• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
BTW, I made alternate. Tons of thoughts going through my head, but will wait to say anything more until things get clearer. At least I get to submit a package and hope. Come on baby.

Shadow Walker Prime here... Sorry guys, applied back in the day when still eligible for NFO and only looked here for results, obviously not selected. But since I've put only put back in this year for med corps. Obama killed the GI Bill program so sustaining a family as well as flight training restrictions changed me to medical. (I did an early transition from active to SELRES to do the school thing... ). I only remembered about here when searching for results this year, hence the lurkiness.

Thanks for keeping me entertained this week! If any of you are considering SELRES for PTS or other reasons hit me up, tons of gouge for you!

You are doing exactly what my wife plans on doing since she didn't get selected. Do you want my wifes number or would you rather PM us info?

Lui

OCS Applicant
Congrats to everyone who made it. This was a hard cycle and all who made it should be extremely proud. If you didn't make it be sure to keep pushing. The economy will get better and OCS is always an option if you keep on your degree.

cricechex

Congratulations to all who made it! Sure looks like the proposed budget was right on as I counted about 50 selects. Also, a lot of nuc's in there once again! Sure is a difficult thing to swallow but such is life. Now back to reality and keep moving forward. Just two more years of me dealing with this before I finish my degree and pursue other options. I can't keep working my butt off in the Navy only to have zero percent advancement for 4 out of last 5 cycles and 1 applicant selected for my STA-21 choice in the last two years (age restricted to designator options) Anyway, I'll get off the soap box. Thanks for listening. FY-14 STA applicants gather round.......ugh

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
Well I forgot to mention that I write all the orders for STA-21. Please don't hassle me like you do Mr. Straten. Just get your stuff to him in a timely manner so we're not working the orders last minute. Congrats to everyone, super tough cycle!

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
Congratulations to all who made it! Sure looks like the proposed budget was right on as I counted about 50 selects. Also, a lot of nuc's in there once again! Sure is a difficult thing to swallow but such is life. Now back to reality and keep moving forward. Just two more years of me dealing with this before I finish my degree and pursue other options. I can't keep working my butt off in the Navy only to have zero percent advancement for 4 out of last 5 cycles and 1 applicant selected for my STA-21 choice in the last two years (age restricted to designator options) Anyway, I'll get off the soap box. Thanks for listening. FY-14 STA applicants gather round.......ugh
I'm with ya!

Well I forgot to mention that I write all the orders for STA-21. Please don't hassle me like you do Mr. Straten. Just get your stuff to him in a timely manner so we're not working the orders last minute. Congrats to everyone, super tough cycle!

*Shakes Fist* Why did the release date keep changing?

Andyb765

Congrats to those who made it. I cannot believe they didn't select anyone from Intel, I think that makes it about 100 times worse, to know all the work I put in was for no chance at all.......They should have just said they were taking any and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Congrats to those who made it. I cannot believe they didn't select anyone from Intel, I think that makes it about 100 times worse, to know all the work I put in was for no chance at all.......They should have just said they were taking any and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Wife feels the same way that you do... Would have changed our planning significantly. My feelings is that its something you made a goal and you saw it through. There is value in that and you learned a lot of lessons.

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
I share your frustration. I almost would rather have been not selected vice no one being selected for my option. Extremely disheartening to say the least.