• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

EA1Seabee

This is such a great forum, I get on it from time to time to see what people post on here, it's both entertaining and like looking into the past. I used to be on this post all the time back in 2009, and it's actually the place where I found out I made it. I was a FY10 CEC selectee and am currently attending The Citadel. If anyone here needs any help, advise, or just wants to know about NSI just let me know, i'd be more than happy to help in any way and good luck this year!

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
This is such a great forum, I get on it from time to time to see what people post on here, it's both entertaining and like looking into the past. I used to be on this post all the time back in 2009, and it's actually the place where I found out I made it. I was a FY10 CEC selectee and am currently attending The Citadel. If anyone here needs any help, advise, or just wants to know about NSI just let me know, i'd be more than happy to help in any way and good luck this year!
Thanks so much for posting on this forum and offering any help. I am also applying for CEC and have the citadel as my second choice for school. My first is Penn State, but...as we all just saw that might not be the best choice. I wonder how many chain reactions this will cause for all athletics and academics?

As far as the citadel, I think I actually submitted your degree plan as my degree plan. Did you have any credits prior to attending the Citadel? Also would you mind if I could email you with some other questions rather than taking up room on the forum? Thanks in advance for your help.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Thanks for breaking the silence guys. lol I was going to do it this morning but EA1Seabee beat me to it. anyone else hear anything new lately?? How about that movie theatre shooting ??? Its crazy how some people could just loose it like that huh ??

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Just found out yesterday that I got Sailor of the Quarter. Hopefully I get the LOC from the Skipper before the 1st so I can fax it in. Hows everyone else doing??

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just found out yesterday that I got Sailor of the Quarter. Hopefully I get the LOC from the Skipper before the 1st so I can fax it in. Hows everyone else doing??

A_Longo...way to go, that's gonna boost your package...!:D FAX it in ASAP when it's official. If it gets delayed much, ask your PersO for help.;)
BzB

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Only a few days left in July. Everybody who is applying this year has already applied and sent their packages in. Just a thought. I wish they would put a counter out as to how many packages they have received. That would give me something to think about until results came out. I think that there are going to be less packages received this year than last, but the numbers are still going to be small. I also think that for those options that only received a few applications the previous two years there will be more applicants trying to get into them, since there are better odds number wise.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just a thought. I wish they would put a counter out as to how many packages they have received. That would give me something to think about until results came out.

Just a suggestion, that you don't get all tied up in 'overthinking' the process (and outcome). It doesn't change or affect the outcome, and makes the wait more stressful & seem looonger!:oops:

Put all your effort into improving your performance in the current assignment/job. In the final analysis, performance is the key!:)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

omararw

FY-12 Pilot Ready to fly Navy!
popo jijo best of luck to you this year, i remember last year and the waiting of agony for results. if i remember right your going for NFO. I would like to also say best of luck to all.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
popo jijo best of luck to you this year, i remember last year and the waiting of agony for results. if i remember right your going for NFO. I would like to also say best of luck to all.
Thanks. Did you drop a package this year?

J_McFarland

My husband applied for the second time this year for IW. Last year I joined airwarriors under a different login name, but I forgot the info I used to sign in. I recognize several of your names from last November. Today I am hitting F5 but not for STA-21, for CPO Select results... This waiting thing really bites. Is anyone else waiting around for Chief results that is also applying for STA-21?

I was picked up in 2009. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone that applied. Hopefully you'll get a surprise phone call from your CO when the results come out.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Does anyone know how Evals work while in college? Would I be going into the advancement exam with the same PMA for each and every test? kind of a gray area.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
We did our normal Evals and were ranked among every other OC who was the same paygrade. They do follow you into your advancement exams so obviously the EPs are beneficial.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Does anyone know how Evals work while in college? Would I be going into the advancement exam with the same PMA for each and every test? kind of a gray area.
You get an enlisted eval every year just as you would in the fleet. Even as an OC you are still an E-6, E-5, etc. When you go to a base in civies the gate guys will only know you are enlisted. No where on your ID will there being anything about being an officer candidate. One of the benefits of smaller units is your likelihood of getting an EP. I took the test and made the chief board twice while at my ROTC unit. You'll never make chief in STA-21. I've seen two people make chief the year they were selected for STA, but never anyone who took the test while being at their ROTC unit. I have seen several people make E-6 off the test while at their NROTC.