• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
SO...
Did anybody here make Chief? If so, congrats!

Not me ... I take the PO1 exam for the first time in SEP. We had 4 selectees here at FRCNW. If anyone has any additional documents to submit to Ed, you currently have about 10 hours left to do so.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Not me ... I take the PO1 exam for the first time in SEP. We had 4 selectees here at FRCNW. If anyone has any additional documents to submit to Ed, you currently have about 10 hours left to do so.

I submitted one last document today, however, I believe it states in the NAVADMIN that documents received after the 1st of August will not be accepted. So tomorrow should be ok also.

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Haven't been on the site in awhile, just wanted to tell everyone good luck. Only 2 1/2 months of waiting left...

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I always check this forum to see if there is anything new, and often times, there isn't. I just thought I would post some questions here that we could each answer that might make the time pass by.

1. What was the easiest part about submitting your STA-21 package this year?
2. What was the toughest part?
3. How often do you check this forum on average?

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
1. Submitting package last year and knowing the procedure
2. Outdoing interviews from last year, but I think I pulled it off
3. Daily, somedays multiple times a day

I always check this forum to see if there is anything new, and often times, there isn't. I just thought I would post some questions here that we could each answer that might make the time pass by.

A few years back, but here's mine:

1. What was the easiest part about submitting your STA-21 package this year in 2008?
mailing it ;)

2. What was the toughest part?
Getting a copy of my CO's recommendation actually up to the CO for him to read. Every person that intercepted it in the chain of command wanted to "edit" it (make me completely rewrite in their fashion). Also getting out of a ship's movement to take the ACT was tough.

3. How often do you check this forum on average?
n/a

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
1. Getting my package ready for admin to route it. Everything in general was easier this year due to it being my second time applying, however, this part was the hardest for me last year. I had very little guidance from my admin department about what should be done. Each time I went to turn it in ( a two hour drive one way) they would turn me back and tell me I had to change something else.
2. Getting my application in before I transferred out of the command in May.
3. I check this page, on average, three times a day. Morning, Night, and somewhere in between.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
The easiest part for me was having SUPPORT from my chain of command. Although it kind of sucked because most of the senior officers were not very familiar with the program ... My XO was very supportive and helped me set up my boards on a very short notice.

The toughest part was my personal statement and my COs Endorsement. It was hard enough to write about myself without being too cocky and even harder to write about myself like it was coming from my CO. I probably re wrote my personal statement over 20 times .... I had a ton of people read it. The Chiefs and Officers in my direct COC, college professors, and even a couple of my external board members read my statement before my board and recommended some changes. It was a complete turnaround from the very first day I drafted it to the day I submitted it .... At first I was writing about how great I am and not about what I could do for the Navy. After all the help and advice my Personal statement is focused on how my achievements can benefit sailors of the future and what I can do for the Navy team ... a thousand times better.

I work on a computer, so I usually check this page once a day to see if there are any new replies. I would also like those in the shadows to come forward just to know if there are any other people applying for the same program as me. I am hoping that I am the only qualified applicant for SWO(IP) haha ... that would be awesome.

I submitted my applications for Texas A&M and University of Texas last week. The only thing they are waiting for is my official transcript from my current school, which was sent yesterday. I am so excited for the results and I usually talk about it at least once a day. The people I work with probably know the ins and outs of the program because of what I have been going through since January.... lol .....