• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
1. Getting my package ready for admin to route it. Everything in general was easier this year due to it being my second time applying, however, this part was the hardest for me last year. I had very little guidance from my admin department about what should be done. Each time I went to turn it in ( a two hour drive one way) they would turn me back and tell me I had to change something else.
2. Getting my application in before I transferred out of the command in May.
3. I check this page, on average, three times a day. Morning, Night, and somewhere in between.

Only people who really handled my stuff was my Divo, XO, and CO .... I didn't let it out of my hands for anyone other than that .. and even then I only gave them copies ... lol

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Did anyone have a co-worker or friend who was working on a package with them ?? Did it make things easier or more stressing? I feel that when I have someone who is working towards the same thing as me it creates a motivational competition. For example, when I checked into the USS BOXER in 2007, there was this female who checked into the same shop as me on the very same day. We were neck to neck when it came to getting all of our quals completed. Even though it was much easier for her to get training and signatures, we still had a friendly competition going. When I was putting together my package, I had no one to go to for competition or advice. There was only one other person in my command submitting a package and it was for a completely different program.

How did things work out for you guys ??? Who was your biggest help when completing your package?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Who was your biggest help when completing your package?

ME.

My command could have cared less about people applying for this program. It was recruiting duty and all they cared about was production. If I were to have changed my mind half way through the process of applying (will never happen BTW) they wouldn't have even noticed. After badgering admin forever about it, I did get their support the second time around. There was a YNCS that stepped in and helped me schedule my External board that was 350 miles away.

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
ME.

My command could have cared less about people applying for this program. It was recruiting duty and all they cared about was production. If I were to have changed my mind half way through the process of applying (will never happen BTW) they wouldn't have even noticed. After badgering admin forever about it, I did get their support the second time around. There was a YNCS that stepped in and helped me schedule my External board that was 350 miles away.

I'm on recruiting duty now, and my command has been very helpful in putting my packages together. This year my Divo drove around with me to all of my interviews and set all of them up for me. The first year I had a YNC put everything together, which was great because he had just picked up LDO and was familiar with the process. This year I took control of ensuring everything was in proper order. I've been the only person the last two years to submit packages, so it was trial and error last year and smooth sailing this year.

Fly719

Does anyone know where to look for number of applicants accepted into each program? I have found a few things, but nothing is actually clear. I am already attending Purdue University online while I am deployed for electrical engineering. (NROTC School) Hopefully that counts towards me. Anyone have any pointers? This will be my first time applying.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Not me ... I take the PO1 exam for the first time in SEP. We had 4 selectees here at FRCNW. If anyone has any additional documents to submit to Ed, you currently have about 10 hours left to do so.

Im a little slow on some things and just noticed this says FRCNW. Is that as in NAS Whidbey, right next door to the VP/VQ hangars?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Does anyone know where to look for number of applicants accepted into each program? I have found a few things, but nothing is actually clear. I am already attending Purdue University online while I am deployed for electrical engineering. (NROTC School) Hopefully that counts towards me. Anyone have any pointers? This will be my first time applying.

Welcome to the thread!! Did you apply for this year (FY13)? If so, what option did you apply for?
The below link is to the sta-21 website. It is a power point from last year and has all the fun details of applicants and other stats. This should answer your question.
http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/ppt_files/FY-12_Fleet_Brief.ppt

Welcome to the thread!! Did you apply for this year (FY13)? If so, what option did you apply for?
The below link is to the sta-21 website. It is a power point from last year and has all the fun details of applicants and other stats. This should answer your question.
http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/ppt_files/FY-12_Fleet_Brief.ppt
I like how many people didn't respond to the race section. I think that's what I did when I got picked up. I wish they didn't ask the applicants that.