• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

omararw

FY-12 Pilot Ready to fly Navy!
It sucks that I brought that bad news to everyone, and I hope that it is wrong also. But look at it like this. What if they released the results right now and you saw only 50 selects and did not know that they were going to select only that many? That would have been like a big kick in the junk. I think knowing it will soften the blow a little this way (either way, it will still hurt).

You know popo if i dont get get my name on it now im going to have to blame you :p hahah yah I hope your wrong about only selecting 50 they just kicked alot of pilots out this year and with PTS they should have more money! fingers crossed.

exNavyOffRec

I was actually ineligible to board. A very unfortunate paperwork mistake made while I was deployed on a MEU. My weigh-in wasn't recorded ANYWHERE. The chief even said "sorry bro, that's the way it goes sometimes". Despite my protests. I even told him it was vital to my package. Which brings up another question I have. Understanding that this is an open forum so don't get too testy with me.

Does anyone feel they have been outright discriminated against by the Chief community because of your intentions for STA-21? I may have made the mistake of making my intentions known from Day 1. Literally I told my RDC that I wanted to be an officer when he asked me "WHAT DID YOU EXPECT OUT OF THIS CANOE CLUB RECRUIT!!!".. At least I got called sir towards the end. Anyway, I feel like chiefs have disregarded my efforts in favor of people who are jonesing for the anchors. I was told by a Master Chief, whose wife is a LCDR through an enlisted commissioning program, that chiefs won't reward me unless I "act like I strive to be one of them." I felt like that was very unprofessional and petty. Anyway, fodder to fill time. Discuss..

It sounds as if you have a command climate problem at your command, as a CPO it was my responsibility to take care of my sailors doesn't matter what it was, and this was drilled into us over and over again, and to be blunt this is an issue with your CMC, and if you say he is a good CMC I would say if he was he would know what is going on with his CPO's and involved in training them, for us training never stops.

There are several officers out there that were enlisted who are commissioned now because of me supporting them (ie doing my JOB), one applied once and was denied, he said he didn't know if he should apply again for fear of being turned down, my words to him were "you are a good person and you will be a good officer, the Navy needs good officers and I want to see get commissioned", he applied again and I think he is now a LCDR.

and BTW the MCPO that said that sounds like an E-9 not a MCPO.

Cody Hitson

FY13 STA-21 SWO Applicant
I almost think it's better to just ignore this forum and wait it out without stressing myself, but of course, I'm back every day...several times. I guess it's nice to commisserate. So, are we there yet?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
This time last year we were all rick rolled by some jerk. Looking back, nicely played, but it wasn't cool at the time.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
This time last year we were all rick rolled by some jerk. Looking back, nicely played, but it wasn't cool at the time.
Haha I saw that, hilarious! Of course it would not be funny to anyone at the time. haha oh I can only imagine.....

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
MjAxMi0zMWQ1MGVhODA2MzMxMTBi.png

Good Morning Fellas !!!!