• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

JaymesWS

not true on message traffic... If it's pushed as a NAVADMIN to message traffic, anyone with NICE access can get it at the same time. my IT's set it up so that I get message traffic from NICE forwarded to my Outlook once it's posted instead of having to stay logged onto the site.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
1347029524860_3011181.png

robertdm27

The NROTC service selections are out so STA-21 word should be out soon as well. They come from the same place OD, and last year the day service selection was released for NROTC STA-21 NAVADMIN came out as well, or at least within a day of each other. Good luck to all of you! If you get picked up just know that it is a long road especially if you go aviation.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
The NROTC service selections are out so STA-21 word should be out soon as well. They come from the same place OD, and last year the day service selection was released for NROTC STA-21 NAVADMIN came out as well, or at least within a day of each other. Good luck to all of you! If you get picked up just know that it is a long road especially if you go aviation.
Thank you. I don't know if this helps A_longo much though.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Haha that one was hilarious, my wife and I really like one. Poor A, you doing ok over there?

Im trying to find things to keep me patient .... work is a little slow right now .. im sure theres plently of productive things I COULD be doing but I would much rather be searching for funny E-cards to post on the forum .... Ive told the other two guys here in my shop that Im not going to be very productive until I get results and they were actually very understanding ... they get a kick out of everything we post on here as well...

JHawkNROTC

FY12 & 13 Supply Corps Applicant
Well I remember someone saying the other day that its released on NICE first, Message Traffic minutes later, then NPC a couple hours after that.

That was me. I'm not sure if it comes out anywhere before NICE, but that is going to be the first place that I'll be able to see it (unless someone on this forum has better intel).

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

Can you elaborate a bit on this ?? what are Service selections ??

robertdm27

During the junior year at NROTC MIDN and Core OC's find out what they are going to do in the Navy based on wish list, grades, ASTB and aptitude. The Core OC's put in a service selection just like the MIDN's they are with and compete for designators they desire such as pilot, NFO, SWO and so forth. The day I was notified that I was still a 1390 (pre select fy10 for pilot) the STA-21 resaults came out. I was told that STA-21 and NROTC service selection are one in the same as far as releasing dates. If you think about it getting picked up for STA-21 is similar to a service selection because it is saying you are going to commission and this is what you will do as an officer. If I can help explain this in any other way please let me know.

robertdm27

I am not saying the resualts will be out today but my bet is it should be soon. I know how crazy this wait is for you guys but once you see your name on that list its a crazy awesome feeling. The post selection process is no fun either because you need to submit college stuff, get degree plans and physicals and then the waiting game starts all over again for orders. If any of you need help with the post selection pre NSI stuff, NROTC stuff or flight school let me know.

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Anyone else wonder how ADM Boorda would feel if he saw the status of the STA-21 program now?