• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Good morning fellas. I didn't even know about this forum until the beginning of October, when I started trying to find results, and then it took a few weeks to get an account here because some jerks started spamming this website and made it difficult for the rest of us to get accounts.

In any case, I'm a CEC candidate, I've been checking this forum several times a day for the last 3 weeks, and I look forward to sharing my frustrations with all of you :D

I really wanted to post something about this whole "50 selectees" thing a while ago when the information was provided. I just wanted to bring up that this number was on a Preliminary Budget that was provided by the President's administration back in February of this year. It doesn't really mean anything, and I say that because last year, the Preliminary Budget from his office (written February 2011) said for FY12 there would be 150 selectees. I'm not saying the number will be lower than 50 for this year, and I'm not saying there will be more than 50, just that it's not a number any of us should say is how many selectess there will be.
Damn, there went my dream of being the only CEC applicant. :)

Hey everyone, I was one of the HR sellectees for last cycle. I'm going to the Citadel and can answer any questions about the school if anyone has any. Feel free to ask me about the HR option also.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
How was Disneyland, I was so jealous. I keep trying to tell my wife we need to go home this Christmas and good to Disney World...for my daughter of course.:)
Disneyland was awesome. Made waiting for results bearable for a couple of days. Now it's back to going crazy with everybody else. I'm not working this week or next so I have plenty of time to think about results...yay.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Disneyland was awesome. Made waiting for results bearable for a couple of days. Now it's back to going crazy with everybody else. I'm not working this week or next so I have plenty of time to think about results...yay.
That's a good deserved break from work. I would like to Welcome you back to Crazy Town though!

Beastwick

I'm going to the Citadel and can answer any questions about the school if anyone has any. Feel free to ask me about the HR option also.

I plan on going to the Citadel if I'm selected (actually, whther or not I'm selected. I won't be applying next year if I don't get picked up; instead, I'll get out and use my GI Bill and try to get into the CEC via OCS). How's the ROTC stuff there? I'd ask you about the engineering program, but I don't think you could give me as much information as I'd like on that topic ;)

haha thanks. Good luck to you, hopefully CEC makes a jump up to 2 or 3 selects this year. :confused:

Seriously! I have no delusions about how likely it is that I'll get picked up :/ especially considering the number of applicants in previous years conpared to the number selected (only 1 last year? REALLY?!). I understand that, even with only a 1-2% chance of getting picked up CEC (on average), if it's what God has in store for me, I'll get it, and if not, then I won't. Hopefully, the numbers go way up ;)

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
I know im not the only SWO/ED candidate. Bad thing about ED and CEC is that they're the old man options, so everyone is established with about the same credentials. Makes it hard to stand out.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
or they are going to allow only Longo and as many people as he can carry to get in.
Thanks .. that really hit close to home ... :) .. But there was only one selectee for SWO(IP) las year too :-/ and for the past three years they have all been ITs ... So there no telling whats gonna happen... But I do have some really high hopes though ....