• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
Congrats on the new baby! Sorry you missed the birth, I missed my daughters while underway. It stinks.

yeah but given the time and energy it takes to put together a good package i'm glad that you can accomplish it with a family is what i was meaning.

You can do anything with a supportive and understanding family. My wife takes on a lot in support of my career, and I am sincerely greatful. I could not do what I do if she was needy and demanding all the time.

thanks AC2! Congrats to you guys as well!

pilot_hopeful20

Congrats on the new baby! Sorry you missed the birth, I missed my daughters while underway. It stinks.

You can do anything with a supportive and understanding family. My wife takes on a lot in support of my career, and I am sincerely greatful. I could not do what I do if she was needy and demanding all the time.

thank you! it does stink but it gives me something to look forward to when i get home so thats fine. i'm making a career at of the navy so i might as well get used to it. and i know what you mean my wife is what keeps me going with all the support she gives me it truely is a blessing having a family behind you.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Any and all majors are good to go. Although they do emphasize the pursuit of technical majors.

Selecting a field that will do something for you as a civilian is always a good way to go

As was said they "emphasize" technical majors. That said there are plenty of non-technical majors that make it. I'm a poli sci major, commissioning next week, I'm as non-technical a major as it gets, it can be done. Best of luck.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Am I the only person not 100% done with their boards? Just wondering. It is a real struggle trying to get them done in my current command. We have very few 0-3's URLs and above. Since it is a recruiting command, a lot of the officers are Restricted and LDO's. And just a note for others, officers who are TAD to a command can not be a part of the internal board, as per Pensacola.

Anyway, if you are like me and waiting to finish up the boards... Good luck!!! Only 8 more days to get it done!!

That_1_Dud3

I too have yet to finish my boards and was actually told by an officer who is apart of my internal board that I "might be spinning [my] wheels a bit on this one"

..... um... ok.

Lesson learned: Start bothering everyone you can for boards in March.

pilot_hopeful20

i was just about done with everything until i found out i couldn't get my ACT in time so now i have to wait until next year.. what kind of questions do they ask you on the boards?? just some examples please. thank you

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
That's awesome, but how many other folks do you know of like you?

I also have 3 kids and wife

Myself, my friends, and most of the OC's at ODU (about 50) are married with kids and had little to no college experience.

MasterBates

Which means half of you OCs will come to VAW-121, and continue the trend of squadrons functions having more kids than adults.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
i was just about done with everything until i found out i couldn't get my ACT in time so now i have to wait until next year.. what kind of questions do they ask you on the boards?? just some examples please. thank you

Hmmm... A popular question I have seen lately is something around the lines of "Who is the most influential officer you have met and what kind of impact did they have on you?"

Also, there is usually a fraternization question, a decision making question that involves a scenario, and I even had a board member ask me two questions from the Statement of Understanding(s) which I am applying for.

pilot_hopeful20

Hmmm... A popular question I have seen lately is something around the lines of "Who is the most influential officer you have met and what kind of impact did they have on you?"

Also, there is usually a fraternization question, a decision making question that involves a scenario, and I even had a board member ask me two questions from the Statement of Understanding(s) which I am applying for.

thank you i will have to think a lot before i answer those questions. i am just hopeing i don't freeze up when i get up there.

Eblack904

well i just finished my nomination review board which was a 0-7 and three 0-6s. The most common questions of both my internal review board and external was Integrity questions. If you all have been keeping up with the news, there has been a lot of integrity issues with Navy Leadership lately, so if you can give a pretty strong answer there you should be ok. Also another question is how do you come off to your senior chief of chief who is running the division when you report onboard your first ship. Remember he has more knowledge and a lot more years in service, how do you handle it??

And just a tip to anyone who hasnt done their review boards yet, if you have a moment search and find the memorandum written in March of this year by Admiral Harvey USFF. its about Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability. if you can read that, you will be a step ahead. I can say that my board was extremely impressed that i had even read it.

That_1_Dud3

well i just finished my nomination review board which was a 0-7 and three 0-6s. The most common questions of both my internal review board and external was Integrity questions. If you all have been keeping up with the news, there has been a lot of integrity issues with Navy Leadership lately, so if you can give a pretty strong answer there you should be ok. Also another question is how do you come off to your senior chief of chief who is running the division when you report onboard your first ship. Remember he has more knowledge and a lot more years in service, how do you handle it??

And just a tip to anyone who hasnt done their review boards yet, if you have a moment search and find the memorandum written in March of this year by Admiral Harvey USFF. its about Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability. if you can read that, you will be a step ahead. I can say that my board was extremely impressed that i had even read it.

Wow, just read that. Opened my eyes to the realization of exactly what kind of responsiblities and burdens can be on an officer's shoulders (Enclosure 2 is crazy).
http://www.public.navy.mil/USFF/PAGES/AUTH_RESP_ACC_MEMO.ASPX