• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Today was the last day to submit your package, however, you have until 01Aug to fax in and documents that may be missing. NO SAT/ACT though.

That_1_Dud3

That is pretty cool your commands have an "Officer Program Coordinator". I was the only guys I know of selected for STA-21 out of my command in the last five years and had to setup everything myself. Not only that, but I was a nuke submariner, on a submarine at the time, trying to put in a package to go non-nuclear/submarine. I am not sure if having a coordinator would have helped or hurt me since I had quite an opposition from the officers on my boat as well as some of the chiefs about leaving their community. I had to bug the CO/XO every day for an internal board and I setup my external board at a command that was three hours north of us. My command did setup an external board for me, however it was with another submarine across the hall from us. So my recommendation for anyone putting their package in, and really anything that affects their career, is to follow it up every step of the way and to not expect anyone to do anything for you, without verifying it to the instruction yourself. Good luck you guys!

You, sir, inspire me.

haubby

None
Contributor
You, sir, inspire me.

It's not all that uncommon honestly. Throughout the whole process I was surprised by the overall lack of information out there regarding STA-21. My command "supported" me while applying but no one up and down the CoC knew the process and it was ultimately up to me to grease the wheels and schedule both my internal and external boards. I even had to compile everything, ensure it was all correct and mailed it off myself even though the instruction states otherwise. It's just the way it is.

Good luck and keep up the good fight. Remember it's your career progression at stake and sometimes you have to be aggressive when pursuing this. Additionally have all your ducks in a row and know the instruction inside and out when you start knocking down doors. Again good luck and I hope you get to experience the awesomeness that is STA-21.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
It's not all that uncommon honestly. Throughout the whole process I was surprised by the overall lack of information out there regarding STA-21. My command "supported" me while applying but no one up and down the CoC knew the process and it was ultimately up to me to grease the wheels and schedule both my internal and external boards. I even had to compile everything, ensure it was all correct and mailed it off myself even though the instruction states otherwise. It's just the way it is.

This is my first year applying, and my command was of no help until the last 3 weeks. They suddenly realized that I needed some boards (which I had been requesting from the CCC since April). They were able to squeeze my boards in just in time. Also, I had to drive 200 miles for my external boards. Yesterday, my chief told me that my package was being mailed by admin that day. So I truly hope they did indeed send it off. I am just glad to have finally applied and have this over with for this FY. I am optimistic, but I am still going to continue to improve my package and get ready for next year. The process should be a lot easier then.

Also, just to through some hope out there, I am in recruiting. Last FY our goals were really low, and so were the number of selections for STA-21. This FY, the goals have been about 3x higher. Maybe STA-21 selections will follow!!!

That_1_Dud3

Good luck and keep up the good fight. Remember it's your career progression at stake and sometimes you have to be aggressive when pursuing this. Additionally have all your ducks in a row and know the instruction inside and out when you start knocking down doors. Again good luck and I hope you get to experience the awesomeness that is STA-21.

Thanks! I hope so too! Absolutely no mistakes next year as I have the whole year planned out for this.... I can't wait

pilot_hopeful20

Also, just to through some hope out there, I am in recruiting. Last FY our goals were really low, and so were the number of selections for STA-21. This FY, the goals have been about 3x higher. Maybe STA-21 selections will follow!!!

i like the sound of that. hopefully it keeps going up. i wasn't able to apply this FY but keeping my package strong and getting more college to have a solid one next year.

AKH25

In my package status on the STA-21 website, it says my package has been received. However, only the CO's endorsement and my application cover letter is checked as being received. I was wondering, if my package was sent all together how come that is the only part to be received? Is it because they have not reviewed my package yet? Im confused, could anyone help out? Thanks for your time.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
In my package status on the STA-21 website, it says my package has been received. However, only the CO's endorsement and my application cover letter is checked as being received. I was wondering, if my package was sent all together how come that is the only part to be received? Is it because they have not reviewed my package yet? Im confused, could anyone help out? Thanks for your time.

Mine says the same. I think it is probably because hundreds of packages just came in due to the deadline. They are just letting us know that they are in.

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
I wouldn't worry. I don't remember this last year but if you sent your package in and they are acknowledging they received it then be happy….YOUR DONE! GOOD LUCK!

mboardmanusn

Mine said that as well because when they first get it they just verify those two things before they go through page by page. About 2 days later I looked again and everything was verified with the correct numbers that I submitted.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Mine said that as well because when they first get it they just verify those two things before they go through page by page. About 2 days later I looked again and everything was verified with the correct numbers that I submitted.

Mine says the same thing and because the copy that the command gave me right AFTER they sent my package out was missing 15 pages compared to what I submitted to them, I've contacted them. Apparently two Wednesday's ago they received over 300 packages and they only have two people working 12 hour days 6 days a week to get them checked into the system. Beyond that, they are answering questions from concerned individuals like myself on a constant basis. They told me to give them up to two weeks to get them completely checked into their system. After that, you will have an opportunity to fix any discrepancies that they find, barring that they're not related to your SAT/ACT/ASTAB. You have until August 1st to remedy any issues that that they have with your package. I hope theis helps.

AKH25

Mine says the same thing and because the copy that the command gave me right AFTER they sent my package out was missing 15 pages compared to what I submitted to them, I've contacted them. Apparently two Wednesday's ago they received over 300 packages and they only have two people working 12 hour days 6 days a week to get them checked into the system. Beyond that, they are answering questions from concerned individuals like myself on a constant basis. They told me to give them up to two weeks to get them completely checked into their system. After that, you will have an opportunity to fix any discrepancies that they find, barring that they're not related to your SAT/ACT/ASTAB. You have until August 1st to remedy any issues that that they have with your package. I hope theis helps.

My page says they received it 7/7/2011. so I guess I will wait until the 17th or even the 20th. What is a good contact number so I can call if it still has not been completed?