• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy11 sta-21 stats and scores

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
i think that GCM's could be awarded to say the 3 yr sailor that hasnt had the opportunity to perform to the level to get a NAM or something else of that matter. If they do score anything like the precept that i posted, think about it. your a first class. youve been in for say....8 years, which is documented throughout your package. you dont have any record of NJP, so it is considered that you have 2 GCMs. BAM. 3 pts. From that precept, awards made up what, 10-12 pts out of like 120??? you've probably got a NAM right? maybe 2? have you won JSOQ/Y or SSOY anytime throughout your career?? theres another 2 pts. I would like to think that at the FCPO level, you are probably maxed out on award points as far as the precept described. if your not, hopefully you have enough other documentation in the package for why you should be an O. Dont nuke it guys. that precept i posted was just for guidance. i know its stressful to sit here and wonder if they are looking at OUR package right NOW. We can't do anything about what is in it now. We took all the info we could from every source we could for 2-6 months prior to 1 July. We put that package together to the best of our ability. If we dont get selected, we try again next year. Keep your heads up, keep supportive of each other on here, and before you know it we will all be giving each other hi 5's in about 2 weeks when we try and figure out the best way to get to NSI, and what the good bar's are there.

- from what i have heard, they dont look at our esr/nsips, thats why our packages have everything in them. can you imagine how long that board would take if they did???

CP

cbaker

I'm the Command CCC. I set up all of my boards and put the finishing touches on my package myself. One thing I just noticed on the Precepts that someone posted was that they give points for GCM's. Did all of you put those in your packages? I hope I didn't cost myself three points:|

As for seeing your complete package, it really depends on your command. I worked side by side with my ESO for my package and in the end she gave me a copy of everything.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think they really do count GCM and the board ONLY uses your package for determination of selection. Last year as soon as my package was "pre-scored" they put in the comments section (of the package status tab on the STA-21 website) that I didn't have any GCM or my EAWS. I was quick to email Ed and he told me I had ONE day to get in my Awards sheet out of my service record. When I mentioned my EAWS was on my evals he said that was missed on the "pre-score". You should send in anything you possibly can that proves you are a stellar sailor. Especially since the program is so difficult to get into. I had 51 sheets for enclosure 7.

i think that GCM's could be awarded to say the 3 yr sailor that hasnt had the opportunity to perform to the level to get a NAM or something else of that matter. If they do score anything like the precept that i posted, think about it. your a first class. youve been in for say....8 years, which is documented throughout your package. you dont have any record of NJP, so it is considered that you have 2 GCMs. BAM. 3 pts. From that precept, awards made up what, 10-12 pts out of like 120??? you've probably got a NAM right? maybe 2? have you won JSOQ/Y or SSOY anytime throughout your career?? theres another 2 pts. I would like to think that at the FCPO level, you are probably maxed out on award points as far as the precept described. if your not, hopefully you have enough other documentation in the package for why you should be an O. Dont nuke it guys. that precept i posted was just for guidance. i know its stressful to sit here and wonder if they are looking at OUR package right NOW. We can't do anything about what is in it now. We took all the info we could from every source we could for 2-6 months prior to 1 July. We put that package together to the best of our ability. If we dont get selected, we try again next year. Keep your heads up, keep supportive of each other on here, and before you know it we will all be giving each other hi 5's in about 2 weeks when we try and figure out the best way to get to NSI, and what the good bar's are there.

- from what i have heard, they dont look at our esr/nsips, thats why our packages have everything in them. can you imagine how long that board would take if they did???

CP

Price,

You are right about sailors that have been in longer getting a little bit of a "leg up" on younger ones. Once you have been in for a little while you are expected to have a few more awards.

I really like your words of encouragement. I have had to eat the bitter pill of not getting selected two times now. I pray that I don't have to again but there is no telling wither we will or we won’t. We just need to ensure we keep our heads up, remain a little bit modest, and try to be a leader to as many sailors as we can.

svt2nv03

CP

The board would still last way shorter than the E7 selection boards where they look through all kinds of electronic records for a ton of eligible sailors. It would be interesting to know if they count GCM or not. I would "assume" that if you dont have an eval stating you went to NJP, they would just give you the points. That seems like a no brainer to me.

ETC

wernama

CHK 13, do you know if the STA-21 board is still going on next week? I remember someone saying that it was supposed to be starting the 13th... Im just wondering if the board has already finished making the selections...

wernama

Im just trying to think positively.... In all actuality, they are probably not even done looking through all the packages, Mike was telling me back in July that they had to review over 700 packages! Not as much as 1000 which is what they have had in some of the previous years but, still a lot!

chk13

the emails stated that the parking lot was reserved for STA-21 board members through the 24th. so one more week-ish.

BigMike22505

Wow, before finding this blog I thought that I was a shoe-in for STA-21 this year! I thought I had every blocked checked off but its clear now that the competition is fierce!

Here's my stats... Any thoughts...
Evals: EP, MP, EP, EP, EP
College: 45 Credits, 3.56 GPA
Awards: 4 NAM's, 2 GC (but didnt even think to send in my GC awards!)
JSOY for 2009
HS; 2.4 GPA (Ouch!)
and 4 LOR's by 0-5's and 1 0-6

chk13

No worries. You sound pretty competative. What program did you put in for Mike? Dont stress your high school grades because you proved your ability with your college GPA. That is what they are looking for. The JSOY will help you too. But do remember that many candidates dont get picked up the first year. So if you do not get picked up, try again next year!

BigMike22505

This is my second time applying. I chose CORE as my primary option because I saw that it had the highest selection rate. I wanted Pilot also, but Im in an isolated area and couldnt find a place to do my ASTB. How many times have you applied? How do you feel about your package? I hate the anticipation of waiting! Plus I just got orders to Virginia and I really dont want to go there! haha.

chk13

I dont blame you for not wanting to go to Va seeing as you re coming from Key West. I am like you, I felt really good about my package until I saw that I was just as good as many people that post here on AW. Kind of second time applying with much time in between.

cbaker

This is my second time applying. I chose CORE as my primary option because I saw that it had the highest selection rate. I wanted Pilot also, but Im in an isolated area and couldnt find a place to do my ASTB. How many times have you applied? How do you feel about your package? I hate the anticipation of waiting! Plus I just got orders to Virginia and I really dont want to go there! haha.

Mike,

It is only my opinion but you did yourself an injustice only selecting core and not selecting something else as your primary. You are right they pick up a butt load of core but they go through and select everyone for all the other designators first. Once they have selected them, then they will put everyone that had core in a pile and rack and stack them. If you are young enough (which I know you are) you should apply to another designator and then make core your second choice. That way you have two chances at getting selected. If you are not fortunate enough to get selected (I really hope that isn't the case) go and get your ASTB done ASAP. That way you don't fall into the same situation next year. Another thing I see us do is wait to take the ACT/SAT. If you are even considering it you should be taking the first one in November. That way if you don't get a score you like you can take it again and again till you get a score you are satisfied makes you competitive.

I watched one guy a few years ago, that didn't have a very good package, get selected for NFO because they didn't have very many people apply to it. He didn't even have to be in the top 50%. Also, make sure you submit any and all proof of awards. Your Page 4 out of your service record (or NSIPS or ESR) should do as long as it is up to date

jriggs11784

Stats/Scores

Applied for: SWO/IP , CORE (First time applying)
EVALS: EP, EP, MP, MP, MP
College: 65 credits 3.76 GPA
6 credits from AAS
High School: 2.44 GPA (Eek!)
Quals: NEC's (9502,2735,2780,9613) A+ Certified along with a list of other random IT quals
Warfare Qual: EXW & PJ (i know its not a warfare pin)
Awards/ Additional: COM, NAM, AAM, FLOC, IRAQ CAMPN, 2 GC's..2009 Command SOY, 4 other SOQ's
TIS: 7 years on 23SEPT
LOR: CAPT , H.S. Coach, & also got a 2nd Endorsement from a CAPT
SAT: 510/530
PFA: Excellent High, Good High, Good Medium
*Got all Outstanding marks on all interview forms (internal&external) -a little birdie told me so!