• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy11 sta-21 stats and scores

svt2nv03

Applied for: Medical Corps (2nd Time)/Core (First time)
EVALS: ALL EP
College: 124 credits - 4.00 GPA
Degrees: Associates in Arts and Science and Associates in Technical Arts
High School: 3.62 GPA
Awards: 4 NAM, 2GC, SOQ, JSOY, BJOQ, Handfuls of FLOCS
TIS: 7 Years 11 Months
LOR: 6 Board certified CAPT, Comsubpac Force Surgeon and a few other Captains
SAT: 550/540
Warfare qual: SS

Medical Corps is HARD. Tried last year with nojoy so I decided to add Core this year!

vmiaptetr

Applied for: Medical Corps (2nd Time)/Core (First time)
EVALS: ALL EP
College: 124 credits - 4.00 GPA
Degrees: Associates in Arts and Science and Associates in Technical Arts
High School: 3.62 GPA
Awards: 4 NAM, 2GC, SOQ, JSOY, BJOQ, Handfuls of FLOCS
TIS: 7 Years 11 Months
LOR: 6 Board certified CAPT, Comsubpac Force Surgeon and a few other Captains
SAT: 550/540
Warfare qual: SS

Medical Corps is HARD. Tried last year with nojoy so I decided to add Core this year!

I feel you. I know they are looking for the best and brightest on this one. Probably because it cost a fortune to go through all the school in the first place, and they are looking for someone who is in it for the long haul. I can understand why you added core this year. For me, I know I want to be a doctor, and that's that. I would like to do it for the military, but at the end of the day, it's what I'm going to do no matter where I'm at. Good luck.

svt2nv03

I feel you. I know they are looking for the best and brightest on this one. Probably because it cost a fortune to go through all the school in the first place, and they are looking for someone who is in it for the long haul. I can understand why you added core this year. For me, I know I want to be a doctor, and that's that. I would like to do it for the military, but at the end of the day, it's what I'm going to do no matter where I'm at. Good luck.

Well, My package last year for medical Corps was pretty amazing and still no joy. With the war going on, there are a ton on HMs on the front lines doing the job. From a board member prospective, I would pick one of them too. In my situation I have all the right stuff, 4.0 GPA, Made chief in 6.5 years, but who knows if I will see blood and pass out, you know? They KNOW these dude/duddets can.

That was my take on it also, but the BS degree is really what I want.. If I can get it and then do 5 yrs as a SWO, I can redesignate medical. I had a CAPT on my board that started as a nuke MM on a submarine, then took a commission as a NUKE officer (1120). Then redesignated Medical and went to medical school and now he is DH of Emergency Medicine. Guy is awesome! He said there was all kinds of medical school wanting him because of his life experiences. Good luck to you my friend

ETC

vmiaptetr

Well, My package last year for medical Corps was pretty amazing and still no joy. With the war going on, there are a ton on HMs on the front lines doing the job. From a board member prospective, I would pick one of them too. In my situation I have all the right stuff, 4.0 GPA, Made chief in 6.5 years, but who knows if I will see blood and pass out, you know? They KNOW these dude/duddets can.

That was my take on it also, but the BS degree is really what I want.. If I can get it and then do 5 yrs as a SWO, I can redesignate medical. I had a CAPT on my board that started as a nuke MM on a submarine, then took a commission as a NUKE officer (1120). Then redesignated Medical and went to medical school and now he is DH of Emergency Medicine. Guy is awesome! He said there was all kinds of medical school wanting him because of his life experiences. Good luck to you my friend

ETC

Well well well. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only ET who is looking to cross over. Interesting. Did you do any volunteer work at a local hospital or anything? I figured that would probably help me the most since I'm not an HM.

svt2nv03

Well well well. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only ET who is looking to cross over. Interesting. Did you do any volunteer work at a local hospital or anything? I figured that would probably help me the most since I'm not an HM.

Yea, I have been an EMT-I for a few years now and have been doing some time out in town. I have a few letters from our Medical Officer and Fire chief... Still no joy :-( Also, did alot of NKO HM classes in my off-time because a HMC told me thier A school is pretty much NKO now. Couldn't hurt either way ehh? Might need it to save a life on the road some day, which is the most important to me. I swear I could hold thier NEC now!! :-D

But.. they will not pick you if you do not apply!!!

ETC

willissm

Applied for SWO/CORE (1st time)
Evals: MP (ETSN in 2009), MP (ET3 in 2010)
College: 18 Credits (3.9 GPA) + SMART (ETA and four subsequent C-Schools)
High School: 2.57 GPA
Awards/LoR: Letter of Rec. from College Professor
TIS: 2 Years, 5 Months
SAT: 690- Reading, 620-Math
PRT- Cycle 1, 2009- Waived due to TAD to C-School Cycle 2- GM Cycle 1, 2010- EH

kekio86

Applied for SWO/CORE (First time applying)
EVALS: EP,EP,MP,EP
College: 52 credits 3.8
High School: 3.13
Awards: 6 NAMS,1 GC, 2 LOAs, SOQ x2,
TIS: 5 years 7 months
SAT: 1150 580/570
Warfare qual: SW

Mustang64p

pilot
Nice find cbaker. it's sad that although most of the information disclosed in that precept is already known it still excites me to see anything from the board, and I will probably read it multiple times looking for some tid bit that I may have missed.

chk13

Yes, I find myself doing that too. When someone else posted the entire precepts with the score break ups I found myself calculating my raw scores over and over again. Even argueing with myself over a point here or a point there. I know I am pathetic. The sad thing is if I do not get picked up it is right back into it for FY12. I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel...lol (oh yes...when I am too old) Or maybe I will just get picked up....(is that a jinx...damn!)

cbaker

I got an email from Mike today informing me that the breakdown for pre-score and board awarded points varies greatly from year to year and they are not allowed to pass that info out. That really stinks. Price, can you work any more magic and get some new ones?

jagould1

Stats

Applying for Supply/Core:
Evals (2): EP, EP ( lots of community service and education listed on those)
Rank/Rate: ET3
TIS: 3 yrs ( just hit that mark this week)
Awards: NAM, BJOY(command), BJOY (regional)
PRT: Good Low, Good Low, Good High
Other Doc's: LOA for participating in 2009 Presidential Inauguration Honor Cordon, State Senator Official Citation, Letter of Appreciation for being a side-boy for CNO from CO.
Quals: None ( on shore duty so no opportunity to get my warfare qual)
HS GPA: 2.75
SAT: 1180 560M/620V (1st attempt)
College GPA: 3.76
A.S. Business Administration
Inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
College credits: 81
Marks from officer's were very high and a lot of good write-ups only one marked me a 7 for their willingness to have me in their wardroom
CO's rec: Extremely good ranked 1 of 2 with a lot of buzz words ( Select this future Ensign now etc.)
Personal Statement: I made note that I went to school full-time while on shore duty taking 5 courses a semester

HS: Classes in Algebra I, II, III, Elementary Functions, Trig and AP Calculus

Overall I think my package considering the circumstances is as good as I could get it besides my PRT. Due to my time in the navy and where I am stationed being unable to get my warfare qual will hurt me. I just got my GCM but it is too late to add it to my package. Too bad that this is the last year for me to do the CORE option because of my age with a waiver; I hope they take those things into consideration.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Price, can you work any more magic and get some new ones?

i will see what i can do. that info was from the 08 board. i just posted it to give people a general idea of what they might be looking at...i will see what i can do though. my guess is this year if you have what they want and your selected, that you had a high enough score???

Mustang64p

pilot
i will see what i can do. that info was from the 08 board. i just posted it to give people a general idea of what they might be looking at...i will see what i can do though. my guess is this year if you have what they want and your selected, that you had a high enough score???

True but that doesnt give me the opportunity to obsess over the score sheet and calculate what I think my scores should be a hundred times before the board is even completed. I have to have some new info to occupy myself for the next month or so ;)

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
True but that doesnt give me the opportunity to obsess over the score sheet and calculate what I think my scores should be a hundred times before the board is even completed. I have to have some new info to occupy myself for the next month or so ;)

Sam i think you have better things to do like whip that shop into shape and study your NATOPS. Quit coming up with excuses for not being an RO-I yet...I don't like excuses, I want results!