• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

deepseadv

Hey all, I have a friend that applied this year and I'm almost as excited for the results as when I applied. I know what all of you are going through and I wish you the best. However, if it's not in the cards for you this year, keep trying. It took me a couple of tries and now I'm one of the Navy's newest ensigns. Keep charging all.

FY07 SpecOp option

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
This wait wouldn't be nearly as painful if it weren't for the fact that I'm up for orders. Y'all think its difficult to not know whether you're staying or going, try not knowing if you're going or going or when. It would have been nice if I could have gotten orders when my class graduated and just not executed them, but no, that would be efficient, convenient, and easy.

Not in the least. If you were assigned orders to an ultimate command they would be expecting you. However, if you are selected they will now be gapped that billet, and have to wait for new orders. This takes some time, and is not efficient in the least. The sailors will have to pick up the slack for the gap until it is filled. If the entire Navy did this well over one hundred gaps would be created every year by sta-21 alone, not to mention other things that would cause gaps. Having the individual wait IS the most efficient way to do it. The only person it's convenient for is you, time to start thinking big picture, that's your future trying to become an officer.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Not in the least. If you were assigned orders to an ultimate command they would be expecting you. However, if you are selected they will now be gapped that billet, and have to wait for new orders. This takes some time, and is not efficient in the least. The sailors will have to pick up the slack for the gap until it is filled. If the entire Navy did this well over one hundred gaps would be created every year by sta-21 alone, not to mention other things that would cause gaps. Having the individual wait IS the most efficient way to do it. The only person it's convenient for is you, time to start thinking big picture, that's your future trying to become an officer.

SSSHHHH!!! You're dissolving my delusions faster than I care for, at least until results come out. :icon_wink

loweryab

This wait wouldn't be nearly as painful if it weren't for the fact that I'm up for orders. Y'all think its difficult to not know whether you're staying or going, try not knowing if you're going or going or when. It would have been nice if I could have gotten orders when my class graduated and just not executed them, but no, that would be efficient, convenient, and easy.

I have a similar situation. If I do not get selected, I am immediately off to San Diego to join up with the Navy's newest CCSG! I will have three weeks to pack my crap and be there. Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving is one of those weeks, so more like 2 1/2. If I do get selected, well, then, I have the joy of spending at least a few more months at this great place called NORAD/USNORTHCOM. A sacrifice I am most willing to make! :)

SurfRodder

I have a similar situation. If I do not get selected, I am immediately off to San Diego to join up with the Navy's newest CCSG! I will have three weeks to pack my crap and be there. Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving is one of those weeks, so more like 2 1/2. If I do get selected, well, then, I have the joy of spending at least a few more months at this great place called NORAD/USNORTHCOM. A sacrifice I am most willing to make! :)

I am also in that boat... If I don't get picked up, it's back to the NIMITZ on Remembrance (Armistice) Day for me. And their deployment was recently extended so I may catch an extra couple of months out there. Anyway, if that happens, I have a contingency plan to become an EDO, so all will be well, but I'd much rather spend a couple of years learning Physics at UCSD.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
So my chief called and said, "hey results are out!" My heart dropped, then he said, "You didn't make CWO this year... sorry." I then explained that I applied for STA-21 and not the Flying CWO..

Is it my favorite aircrew chief that is this boneheaded?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

The only big picture most Ensigns think about is the one in the coloring book Chief gives them when they check in....:D

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
for two hours i have been watching the site and waiting for an update. my heart jumped at 318 when i saw there were new posts. sigh... not the posts i was hoping