• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

zeroentropy

for two hours i have been watching the site and waiting for an update. my heart jumped at 318 when i saw there were new posts. sigh... not the posts i was hoping

Yea I do the exact same thing. I even had a dream where I hadn't looked at the forum for half an hour and then saw like 30 updates, and thats how I knew it was really "news" lol!

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
Fleet MC Benning said that results will be out towards the end of October beginning of November!!!!!

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
here is his quote:
Scott Benning
"Shipmate, thank you for your question. My inquery indicates that they are hopeful to have information available sometime from the end of October to the beginning of November."

this could be the same 20th to 30th that everyone keeps saying, but it could also mean the first week of november.

zeroentropy

here is his quote:
Scott Benning
"Shipmate, thank you for your question. My inquery indicates that they are hopeful to have information available sometime from the end of October to the beginning of November."

this could be the same 20th to 30th that everyone keeps saying, but it could also mean the first week of november.

I will take the fact that he can't spell as proof that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that it will in fact be today hehe. (By the way, just so everyone knows, I'm joking)

robertdm27

Question: to all those previously selected guys on here that are pilot pick ups. do you know of any situation where a guy submitted his or her SNA flight phys late due to getting PRK surgery. I am worried because I am getting the surgery done at the end of this month but they are telling me I have to wait tell Febuary to be rescreened for my eyes. I just want to know if I get the surgery done but dont have a complete physical due to this will they fill my spot with an alternate if i get picked up? any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Talk to Ed and let him know the situation. You are going to have to get another flight physical before you commission and then another one in Pensacola with every other Joe Schmo in API. If Ed clears you, then you should still be able to get your orders cut.

mc6

I keep wondering when the day is going to come that I check this page, or NPC, or STA-21 and find that the results are out. I feel like it will never happen!
I don't think the results will take till November though. There was only one year recently when that happened, and it was because of a hurricane in Pensacola.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Lets hope the Fleet MC was erring on the side of caution and went with what he understood would be the latest.

steel330i

tagname?

dumb question, but if you go through sta-21, are you considered a Mustang or do we get our own cool tagname?

andrshop164

I am also in that boat... If I don't get picked up, it's back to the NIMITZ on Remembrance (Armistice) Day for me. And their deployment was recently extended so I may catch an extra couple of months out there. Anyway, if that happens, I have a contingency plan to become an EDO, so all will be well, but I'd much rather spend a couple of years learning Physics at UCSD.

Lets give it up for OPSEC!

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
A Mustang is simply an officer who is prior enlisted.

Depends on who you talk to. Some say that you have to be prior enlisted with at least 4 years of service (the O-XE pay) and I've heard of some commands that said you had to be a prior Chief. Here's a good link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20981823730. Either way, I personally would never refer to myself as one when speaking to anyone.... and if I were selected I meet both criteria.