• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
A Mustang is an officer who has earned a Good Conduct ribbon (or 4 years of enlisted service). Technically, STA-21 grads are Mustangs, but typically CWO/LDO's practice the rights and traditions that go along with the "cool tagname" <--gay. Anyway, show up at your first command, pat CWO5 on the back, call him a fellow Mustang, and see what happens. Better yet, wear one of those cool Mustang belt buckles too...

www.navymustangs.com

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Is today gonna be the day? I hope so. I'm more anxious than ever! Does anyone know where I could find any indication of how many people will be accepted for each program this year? Or do I just use the last few years as an indication?

OscarMyers

None
Is today gonna be the day? I hope so. I'm more anxious than ever! Does anyone know where I could find any indication of how many people will be accepted for each program this year? Or do I just use the last few years as an indication?

Whats so special about today?

deepseadv

Nurse2B

Nurse Corp applicant FY10
Opsec

why? I gave up nothing that isnt readily avail on the 'net... except for my personal transfer day... i know, maybe the bad guys will follow me to the tarmac and slip a tracking device in my bags, eh?

Surfrodder . . . I see no OPSEC foul play on your post. I read it as that was the day your transfering.

And we wait . . . :(

Soccerstuff

STA-21 FY10 results

I called the phone number on the STA-21 website and spoke with a gentlemen who informed me that the board has concluded and they are waiting on the approval of 3 admirals. They hope that they will have them out the week of the 20th but it may be as long as the week after that.

We can relax until next week... enjoy your weekend.

zeroentropy

I called the phone number on the STA-21 website and spoke with a gentlemen who informed me that the board has concluded and they are waiting on the approval of 3 admirals. They hope that they will have them out the week of the 20th but it may be as long as the week after that.

Like I said before, I knew they were just sitting on someone's desk. *sigh*

EmilyRose

Like I said before, I knew they were just sitting on someone's desk. *sigh*

For some reason, I'm not surprised. My husband has been in 5 years and that seems to be the case more often than not. Especially when they *KNOW* people are waiting. It doesn't affect them, so why do they care... Frustrating, but oh well. Have a good weekend everyone...I'll do my best to not check the website a million times! :)

Eh, they said that two weeks ago. I know they don't use the pony express to reach these admirals, so I am pretty sure they don't know what they are talking about and they just give that rehearsed excuse to everybody who calls them about the results. I've succumbed to the "they'll come out when the come out," bit; and I feel little hope for today...

Hendog84

Eh, they said that two weeks ago. I know they don't use the pony express to reach these admirals, so I am pretty sure they don't know what they are talking about and they just give that rehearsed excuse to everybody who calls them about the results. I've succumbed to the "they'll come out when the come out," bit; and I feel little hope for today...

I agree, it sounds like a get off the phone/ stop calling me reason.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

This link doesn't address the selection rate for STA-21. It reflectes the Service Selection quotas for students in their final year of ROTC. Pretty much only applies to CORE STA-21 guys in their selection window.

Usually ~1000 people apply to STA-21 each year, ~200 get rejected due to jacked up packages, and ~200 get selected. So, you got about a 1 in 4 shot of getting picked up. Better than the lottery.