• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Bill3753

Ok, here is a question I need some help with while we all wait it out. My school choices on my application were 1) The Ohio State University, 2) Penn State University, and 3) Auburn University. I have already applied, but I am still waiting to hear back from all. If I do not get into any of these schools, but I am selected for STA-21, what do I do then? What schools out there will guarantee acceptance if you are selected for STA-21. I guess I just want a back up plan. I have heard of people getting selected for STA-21 and end up going to a different school then they put for their three choices. Like I said, I could use a good back up just in case I need it. I would like to apply as soon as possible and just get it out of the way.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

More shore if I get picked up? Hell yeah. Can't stand the way Intel is going in the Navy right now. I think we went to NMITC together since I enlisted in Aug 06 too. The new AIO on the JCS is my old OIC, Boothroyd. Anywho this has nothing to do with STA-21 but do you know of any IS2 3924s that are PCSing in Apr/May timeframe? If I don't get picked up really looking to PCS to the JCS. Thanks!

I hear ya about Navy Intel. I was stationed at CENTCOM for two years and absolutley loved it. We were operational. I have been on the Stennis for 6 months now and don't think I can make it as an IS on the ship for too much longer. And yes, LDCR Boothroyd is my new AIO. When did you graduate A school? I did on Jan. 19th, 2007. Anyway, Intel just isn't my thing. Don't like people getting on my back to make sure the font and bullets are the right size for the Admiral. My dream has always been to fly and become an officer. As far as 3924's PCS'ing, do you mean to or from the ship?

boobcheese

Ok, here is a question I need some help with while we all wait it out. My school choices on my application were 1) The Ohio State University, 2) Penn State University, and 3) Auburn University. I have already applied, but I am still waiting to hear back from all. If I do not get into any of these schools, but I am selected for STA-21, what do I do then? What schools out there will guarantee acceptance if you are selected for STA-21. I guess I just want a back up plan. I have heard of people getting selected for STA-21 and end up going to a different school then they put for their three choices. Like I said, I could use a good back up just in case I need it. I would like to apply as soon as possible and just get it out of the way.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

First off, while I completely understand wanting to have everything locked up, you will have plenty of time to apply and get accepted to most schools after the results come out. I got picked up in 03 and didn't even begin applying to schools until after I was selected. Secondly, of the schools you have listed I know Auburn at least will work with you. Due to some piss poor prior college, I actually got a rejection letter and had to call the dean of transfer admissions and plead my case. He said he would have to consult the Dean of the College of Engineering but would push to get me in. I got a call back 10 minutes later telling me welcome to Auburn. Lastly, I think there are a couple of schools with more or less guaranteed admissions for STA-21. The U. of Idaho, the Citadel and ODU are all very military friendly and would be good back up schools if it comes to that. Good luck to everyone, this is the best deal going in the Navy.

corko87

I hear ya about Navy Intel. I was stationed at CENTCOM for two years and absolutley loved it. We were operational. I have been on the Stennis for 6 months now and don't think I can make it as an IS on the ship for too much longer. And yes, LDCR Boothroyd is my new AIO. When did you graduate A school? I did on Jan. 19th, 2007. Anyway, Intel just isn't my thing. Don't like people getting on my back to make sure the font and bullets are the right size for the Admiral. My dream has always been to fly and become an officer. As far as 3924's PCS'ing, do you mean to or from the ship?

I'm at PACOM now and all they care about is our song and dance for the J2. I graduated in late Jan. Don't actually remember the date. My last name is Wright. Good friend of mine is just finishing up OCS to be a pilot. She's been working on it for the last 10 years though as a civilian. I meant 3924s PCSing from the ship. I need a spot but haven't hit up LCDR for a deal yet. :)

etspike

I'm almost feel kind of disappointed now.

I think my package wasn't really that strong this year (especially after my AAS and pins didn't count), but I had a little hope after I was contacted for the NFO switch. From what you guys are saying, it looks like it's still a shot in the dark.

Well, back to checking here and NP website everyday. I keep forgetting I'm a day ahead of the States, so the weekend isn't really over already. At least installing force revisions help pass the time :icon_tong.

3rdtimer

You guys are making me nervous. I'm a SWO/Core applicant. 3rd timer as the name implies. 2 pins. 9502. AAS. Solid package but crappy ACT scores. What do you think my chance's are?

I've posted on this forum cuz the other ones suck and you can't get answers. Hooyah air dudes for doing something right.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
3rdtimer, you are definitely correct about this place being a blessing for STA-21 applicants, no matter what option one is applying for. I found it several years back and was selected as a SWO alternate last year. The members who did my board last year where all pilots however.....they converted me to a pilot applicant this year. I had no previous interaction with pilots but once I began getting insight into the community I found I would be much happier in the aviation community.

Also I was selected as an alternate for SWO with no pins, no degree, and no deployments under my belt. Best of luck to you!

I'm at PACOM now and all they care about is our song and dance for the J2. I graduated in late Jan. Don't actually remember the date. My last name is Wright. Good friend of mine is just finishing up OCS to be a pilot. She's been working on it for the last 10 years though as a civilian. I meant 3924s PCSing from the ship. I need a spot but haven't hit up LCDR for a deal yet. :)

We just got an influx of 3924's straight from C school. But we do have 3 leaving over the next 3 months. The Navy is only putting 10 3924's on carriers now, but I don't know how many we will have after they leave. Probably in your best interest to contact LCDR. Then again, not many people dream to PCS to Bremerton, WA... But it isn't that bad. Remember a guy named Hinkel?

robertdm27

Hey guys this is my first time posting on this site, I usually just read through it for STA-21 gouge. I wanted to know if any one had any insight on the whole post selection process because I am having an issue with my flight physical right now. I am fully qualified in every aspect on the SNA phys except for eye sight right now. I put my request in to get PRK back in 06 but my command would not allow me to get the PRK done until now due to me being an aircrewman and having to be down for 3 months. My question is if I get the degree plan and acceptance letters in but a phys that says "pending" until Febuary will they pull my spot if I am selected. I talked to the guys at STA-21 help desk and they said it might be feasable but they dont really know because they want the full phys in by December. Has anyone one here heard of someone going even though they dont have everything done by december? thanks

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I'm almost feel kind of disappointed now.

I think my package wasn't really that strong this year (especially after my AAS and pins didn't count), but I had a little hope after I was contacted for the NFO switch. From what you guys are saying, it looks like it's still a shot in the dark.

Well, back to checking here and NP website everyday. I keep forgetting I'm a day ahead of the States, so the weekend isn't really over already. At least installing force revisions help pass the time :icon_tong.

But you said that you wanted to stick with something you wanted to do rather than NFO. It may take you a little longer with a little more work, but if you want to be a Pilot, don't give up! I am a third time applicant.

mc6

For those of you wondering about your SAT/ACT scores...

I was told that you only need to meet the requirements, and it's simply an eligibility tool for STA-21. I'm sure if you have perfect scores, it will wow the board members, but I don't think you'll actually get more points for your package.

Correct me if I'm wrong or if you've heard anything different...

mc6

Hey guys this is my first time posting on this site, I usually just read through it for STA-21 gouge. I wanted to know if any one had any insight on the whole post selection process because I am having an issue with my flight physical right now. I am fully qualified in every aspect on the SNA phys except for eye sight right now. I put my request in to get PRK back in 06 but my command would not allow me to get the PRK done until now due to me being an aircrewman and having to be down for 3 months. My question is if I get the degree plan and acceptance letters in but a phys that says "pending" until Febuary will they pull my spot if I am selected. I talked to the guys at STA-21 help desk and they said it might be feasable but they dont really know because they want the full phys in by December. Has anyone one here heard of someone going even though they dont have everything done by december? thanks

Did you get your PRK done already?

mc6

3rdtimer, you are definitely correct about this place being a blessing for STA-21 applicants, no matter what option one is applying for. I found it several years back and was selected as a SWO alternate last year. The members who did my board last year where all pilots however.....they converted me to a pilot applicant this year. I had no previous interaction with pilots but once I began getting insight into the community I found I would be much happier in the aviation community.

Also I was selected as an alternate for SWO with no pins, no degree, and no deployments under my belt. Best of luck to you!

You changed your target option this year too? Me too :) I was a SWO/IP alternate last year, this year going for HR. I actually contacted STA-21 to ensure that changing target options is not a negative thing to do, and they said that it's not. As long as you show continued interest and keep putting your packages in...
You know they pick up a lot more pilots than SWOs...good luck to you this year! Having alternate last year is a big plus!

Bill3753

You changed your target option this year too? Me too :) I was a SWO/IP alternate last year, this year going for HR. I actually contacted STA-21 to ensure that changing target options is not a negative thing to do, and they said that it's not. As long as you show continued interest and keep putting your packages in...
You know they pick up a lot more pilots than SWOs...good luck to you this year! Having alternate last year is a big plus!

Wow, another HR Applicant. Good luck to you. I have been trying to find someone else who applied. I think it is a great program. What is you current rating? Just curious. I am really looking forward for the results to come out. Hopefully we both make it. This is my first year applying, but that is only because I wanted to apply for something I actually wanted to do. That was the biggest thing for me. Good luck though.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th

From what I understand SWO has been more competitive than pilot so we will see. The only detractor this year was my internal board didn't go as well as I would have liked....a LCDR, and 2 LT SWO's. My external board however went great with a Full bird captain and two commander aviators. I am hoping it doesn't hurt my chances to much especially having higher ranking officers giving higher marks.

On another note, I had a LCDR sit my flying CWO board who was in HR, she had transferred from rotary pilot. I found that kinda interesting. :confused: