• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

corko87

What about everyone's PT scores and LORs? My PT scores are kinda crappy. Reading this forum makes me kinda nervous but I can't stop. :icon_tong

mc6

Wow, another HR Applicant. Good luck to you. I have been trying to find someone else who applied. I think it is a great program. What is you current rating? Just curious. I am really looking forward for the results to come out. Hopefully we both make it. This is my first year applying, but that is only because I wanted to apply for something I actually wanted to do. That was the biggest thing for me. Good luck though.

HR seems to fit me the best by far, so I decided to change my option this year. Since it's the first year for HR, I'm wondering how many people they'll pick up. Hopefully 3 or 4, but I'm not expecting any more than that. The up side for you is that no previous HR alternates will be applying, and I'm thinking that not many previous alternates changed their choice to HR. Being the first year, there may not be enough info on the designator for people to go for that option. I know I had to try really hard to find information and I contacted a few people also. Oh and I'm an ET.
Good luck to you too!! I can't wait for the results either...

mc6

What about everyone's PT scores and LORs? My PT scores are kinda crappy. Reading this forum makes me kinda nervous but I can't stop. :icon_tong

I'm not sure how the PT scores are put into the calculation...makes me wonder.

As far as the LORs...I know that I've read some people who get multiple Admirals, Captains, Congressmen, etc, etc, and then end up not getting picked up. I think quality is much more important. Having 3 *great* LORs from people who can write very well about your character is much more important than multiple short LORs that hold no weight from people you barely know, even if they are O-7 or above. And the board will see right through it if you have those. I made sure to ask the people that really know me for LORs.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th

My PT scores are between 80-100 for the situps and pushups and between 9-11 min runs.

I had a retired captain, my current CMC, and my XO who transferred a couple weeks before my board. Nothing over the top or extravagant, I did not want to add unreasonable fluff to the package. The big reason for me getting my previous XOs LOR was to cancel out my current XOs board recomendation. His was not a negative endorsement but left some to be desired. Hopefully one who I worked under for 3 years would hold more weight.

corko87

I got 2 from previous CAPTs I worked with and 1 from the J2 here at PACOM. Guess its just and see time. What's scary is that I'm actually looking forward to getting the October weekends over quickly so we can get to the weekdays when NAVADMINs are actually released!

mc6

My PT scores are between 80-100 for the situps and pushups and between 9-11 min runs.

I had a retired captain, my current CMC, and my XO who transferred a couple weeks before my board. Nothing over the top or extravagant, I did not want to add unreasonable fluff to the package. The big reason for me getting my previous XOs LOR was to cancel out my current XOs board recomendation. His was not a negative endorsement but left some to be desired. Hopefully one who I worked under for 3 years would hold more weight.

I have an LOR from a CMC as well. I think it holds tons of weight in my package, considering 22+ years of enlisted service, plus having their recommendation to cross over to the Officer ranks.

mc6

I'm thinking this coming Friday...Last year the results were out on the Friday before Columbus Day...
I think that's the earliest the results will be out though.

corko87

The last four years the results were out on the 4th, 10th, 19th and 31st. Who knows? It is the Navy. A friend of mine got it last year and her CO told her the day before the results came out.

mc6

The last four years the results were out on the 4th, 10th, 19th and 31st. Who knows? It is the Navy. A friend of mine got it last year and her CO told her the day before the results came out.

True...the day always changes...so who really knows. It could be tomorrow...HAHA!

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee

Are those dates from the last 4 years respectively or random? :)

corko87

Pretty sure respectively. If we follow the pattern though we should have gotten results on Thursday. Hmmm.... :icon_tong

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Maybe they cycle back to the 31st... which would suck big time. Or maybe we're just thinking about this way to hard... lol.

mc6

Yeah, overthinking it for sure...
I think they'll be out in the next couple of weeks. I don't think we'll have to wait till the end of the month. At least I hope not!