• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

jake954

I haven't been too anxious until very recently but maybe that's because 3 section duty getting off every other day at 6 pm at the earliest has kept me busy. All I know is if I choose Nuke, don't send me back to a submarine. I like being a submariner/nuke and all but life can be pretty crappy at times. The JO's life on the boat ain't all that great either I'll tell you that. 3 section is pretty standard for them as well. I've heard on certain Carriers they do like 12 section in port duty. That would be freaking sweet. I applied Oceano and Core so we'll see. Hopefully results come out soon because I'll be out to sea and we don't have the internet on subs. For the last few years my internet connection hasn't worked at all, at least not under water. haha

Gardito85

FY-10 STA-21 Applicant
Yea, really quiet. Hopefully that means fewer people applied, haha. Any guesses on when the navadmin is coming out? I'm going with the 31st.

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
i am going to guess the 16th at about 2:30 ET. last year the results leaked onto aiwarriors at 2:30 on the 17th

OC/EMC

Nope...married with house/kids/dogs/etc. Now that BOOST is gone it's probably pretty easy for the skipper to call P-Cola and convince them that they need you till the May NSI class starts up. Just sayin'...once you are selected, who cares?

This can be tricky for those set to deploy in November, December, January. I had a very bad experience with my last command and exicuting NSI orders:

We were scheduled to deploy after November and not return until mid February. I had been selected and scheduled to go to NSI in February. I was having trouble getting acceptance letters from my two colleges that I applied to on account of a previous college not wanting to send my old transcripts to them. This problem dragged on for weeks and I was running out of time. No resolution had come by my ship's movement date and they literally held the brow for me to the very last minute. After two sleepless weeks underway (its December now) I hand walked a leave chit to my XO asking to be transfered off with a group of squadron riders the next day. This was so that I could (hopefully) wrap everything up and get it sent to Ed. My XO approved it but had to fight the CO to let me leave. My CO didn't understand why my wife could not do it for me. If I didn't get off with the squadron guys, I wasn't going to see the sun again until mid January. They let me leave but cut my leave short and ordered me to return when the inspection team is transferred aboard in January. It was the best deal I could make, so I took it. Well, unfortunately for me, college offices usually shut down by the second week in December and don't reopen until the first or second week in January. I had two business days to work with 3 colleges across 6 time zones in order to get transcripts sent. It didn't happen.

January arrives and I'm back on the boat with no acceptance letters or degree plan for Ed. We will not return to port until February 3rd or 4th. I emailed my wife to contact the Nuke NSI at my prospected NROTC unit and let him know whats up. He single handedly contacts the colleges, gets my transcript and my acceptance letter/degree plan to Ed while I'm out to sea. When I return, he calls me and lets me know everything is OK and I'm good to go. I man I never met before did more to help me than my previous command whom I gave 3 years of hard work to.

...so I guess I mean to say "keep your fingers crossed"!

Bill3753

Well, a couple posts back I said I thought the 9th. I think I am going to remain optimistic and stick with that. If not the 9th, my second guess would be the 16th. At far as a time, I would say around 1300-1500, but not earlier.

Edub

So I guess the new STA web page was just launched... it made me get excited.. all for nothing. I hate this wait game

OscarMyers

None
Lol of all times for them to launch the new site. I bet someone down there is laughing at all of us.

Edub

The crazy thing is.. all the questions that have been asked on this forum are pretty much answered on the new site. I think they built the new site off the questions in this forum.

Nurse2B

Nurse Corp applicant FY10
I'm throwing out some interesting but completely un-verifiable gossip . . . Results will not come out until the FY budget is approved, which isn't going to be until around the 15th of OCT. Everyone feel free to chew on that, pick it apart and for cripes sakes prove me wrong.