• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

BOaB

First time poster and new member. With a question. Did everyone get there bonus installment. Now that it is in my bank account they cant take it back can they. I just dont want to get all excited about the bonus and then have to pay it all back if i get selected.

Charleston SPU here, as well.

The understanding that I think we all had was that we shouldn't get this installment and would never receive it should we get picked up. This has been, in fact, the case in the past. My class leader from Prototype got picked up as a student in FY08, and he went to NSI with three SPUs who all got their SRBs for the year they applied. Two of them raised their hands and the money was given back, and the third slipped between the cracks (note: I'm not condoning this at all, it is just hearsay from the guy that I go to for all my STA process questions).

Every SPU I know that applied got their installment (a whole whopping four) so as of now I don't think that there is cause for concern regarding it. I would be frugal since there is a possibility that it can be deducted from future pay checks (mine is already in savings).

Dont you think the FY10 defense budget would be approved before FY10 started.

I don't know, we've got qualified nuclear operators (one of the most undermanned communities in the Navy) who will be hanging around in Charleston for an extra 1-2 weeks because there is no money budgeted to move them to their PDS. Guys also are being told not to reenlist at the moment because there is no money for their SRBs.

Maybe Obama-nomics is shaking things up? I don't know of any other major change that could cause the freaking defense budget to not be approved yet.

LAX89

I'm definately getting nervous too. I know its only the 2nd, but Ill admit that first thing I did thursday morning was check. I really didnt expect anything to be up, but I couldnt help but check anyways. Im guessing that they will come out between 9-20. Long range, but I will be on leave and not have easy access to a computer...so it would be just my luck that they come out when I cant see! Is anyone else trying to go intel? I already have my acceptance letters, so Im hoping that will speed up the orders process some.

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
S8G2F18, You are are right. I just remembered that i didnt have work the next day and so i associated it with that friday. I still think Oct 16th at 2:30. But i will take them anytime. Good luck to all and lets hope for the best!

corko87

I'm going Intel too or trying to at least. This waiting game blows but then again its the Navy. Talked to a friend that made it last year; guess you have to have an acceptance letter by last December to get orders cut. We'll see though because I don't have one yet. My package was damn good (as I'm sure everyone's was) but now that Intels open to the whole fleet that could make things more sticky. Good luck though. If not, IS2 should be just around the corner for you.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Did any pilot applicant get a call from the STA-21 selection coordinator asking if they were willing to apply for NFO instead?

My skipper, who sat the board, said they did that because the score required to make CORE was a lot higher than that to make NFO. Some of the personnel who wouldn't have made PILOT or CORE, had the opportunity to change from PILOT to NFO to fill those slots. There weren't very many NFO applicants at all. So, if you got the call, consider yourself lucky.

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
What does that phone call mean for NFO applicants? Were there slots leftover after they selected the NFO applicants they wanted and so they gave them to the pilots, or are the Pilots now applying against the NFOs?

Lucky or not, that is awesome. I thought my overall package was really strong, except my barely eligible ACT scores (Took it 3 times but seem to just suck at those standardized tests). But I'll take NFO if it meant I wouldn't get picked up for Pilot or Core. Thanks for the info. And good luck to those going for Intel. This coming from an IS2 who can't wait to be operational and get out of the Intel community. But, if its your thing, way to go. And enjoy your back to back shore rotations!

Fox84

Listening to all of this great gouge about the NFO option has me excited since that is what I'm applying for and I had great scores across the board, but now I'm terrified that some minuscule detail in my package is jacked up. Is this a common concern? I'm not sure I could handle another year of waiting over a random oversight.

OscarMyers

None
Listening to all of this great gouge about the NFO option has me excited since that is what I'm applying for and I had great scores across the board, but now I'm terrified that some minuscule detail in my package is jacked up. Is this a common concern? I'm not sure I could handle another year of waiting over a random oversight.

+1 NFO applicant also

corko87

Lucky or not, that is awesome. I thought my overall package was really strong, except my barely eligible ACT scores (Took it 3 times but seem to just suck at those standardized tests). But I'll take NFO if it meant I wouldn't get picked up for Pilot or Core. Thanks for the info. And good luck to those going for Intel. This coming from an IS2 who can't wait to be operational and get out of the Intel community. But, if its your thing, way to go. And enjoy your back to back shore rotations!

More shore if I get picked up? Hell yeah. Can't stand the way Intel is going in the Navy right now. I think we went to NMITC together since I enlisted in Aug 06 too. The new AIO on the JCS is my old OIC, Boothroyd. Anywho this has nothing to do with STA-21 but do you know of any IS2 3924s that are PCSing in Apr/May timeframe? If I don't get picked up really looking to PCS to the JCS. Thanks!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
What does that phone call mean for NFO applicants? Were there slots leftover after they selected the NFO applicants they wanted and so they gave them to the pilots, or are the Pilots now applying against the NFOs?

My understanding was, they picked all that were qual'd and had more spots left to fill. The calls were then made.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Makes me wonder if I am on the pilot selectee list or didn't make the cut at all. I did not receive a call or email. Just makes me that much more anxious. Where are the Flying CWO results anyhow? :confused: