• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
http://www.npc.navy.mil/ReferenceLibrary/Publications/LinkOnline/Page_10_31.htm said:
STA-21, MECP/IPP order writing
Shore Special Programs, PERS-4010K, is responsible for the order writing process for the Seaman-to-Admiral 21, Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program/Inservice Procurement Program, and Officer Candidate School Programs (MECP/IPP) after notification of selection by the responsible program coordinator. PCS moves will be executed with follow on orders issued after graduation. Please refer to all applicable current NAVADMINS and OPNAVINST 1420.1A for program requirements and processes.
SKC(SW/AW/SCW) Benjamin C. Cariaga; YN1(SW/AW) Marina M. Searcy
Shore Disestablishments/Enlisted to Officer Accessions Detailer

FYI; From Link Magazine, Summer/Fall 2009 Issue

Number from NPC's public phonebook: http://www.npc.navy.mil/ReferenceLibrary/PhoneBooks/
Commercial: (901) 874-3872/3873
DSN: 882-3872/3873

Steelerfan23

This is great....its not like anyone here is really waiting for these orders anyways, I am sure this is all a lesson in patience...

CoKoBean

My hubby is at NSI right now and wanted me to tell everyone to really make sure you are up to par with the PRT. I think that's right...the working out. He says a lot of guys aren't really cutting it, and they are getting a lot of attention...and not the good kind! :icon_wink

Most days he is busy from 5am to 10-11pm, PTing, school and then studying and study groups. Lots of random military BS, too. They just had to march in the St. Patty's Day parade in their dress blues. Exciting. LOL

It is mostly navy classes, nothing crazy, they just pile on the homework to keep you busy. Depending on your ability to pick up material quickly, expect up to 3 hours of homework daily.

Just some tips! Almost half ove...thank goodness. From a spouse's point of view, this has been worse than 2 tours in Iraq. The communication was better overseas! LOL

larsonam

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else was planning on going to U of Michigan or EMU this fall. My command has, for the most part, thrown me in the pile of non-existent personnel (haven't been on a DET since December :-/) so I am definitely looking forward to classing up in May!

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
ok this is crap... I am scheduled to move out of the house I'm renting in two weeks.. as well as check out of the command, pack and move the family across the country, find a new house, fly back to VA drive to RI then start NSI.. one big problem NO FRIGGIN ORDERS!!!!!!!!!! Holy COW!!!!

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
... 9. Obligated Service. Prior to execution of orders to NSI, you must sign a 6‑year active service obligation. You can do this by either extending or reenlisting, as necessary. DO NOT reenlist/extend prior to having PCS orders in hand ...

In addition to that, see below from my PSD:
If you are required by your orders to obligate service, then before arranging any transportation by the Government, you will need to complete this. The PCS orders line of accounting (which can be found underneath PDS activity) is what pays for any member and dependent entitlement. Before you can use any of that, obligated service must be met. This includes: flights, household good shipments, advances, etc.

This means I need to reenlist the day I get orders IOT start my last minute transfer. I walked my re-up request today leaving the DATE, TIME, UNIFORM, & REENLISTING OFFICER blank, to be type written on receipt of orders.

haubby

None
Contributor
In addition to that, see below from my PSD:

This means I need to reenlist the day I get orders IOT start my last minute transfer. I walked my re-up request today leaving the DATE, TIME, UNIFORM, & REENLISTING OFFICER blank, to be type written on receipt of orders.

You don't need to renlist to execute these orders. PSD should already have an extension form that you'll sign when you pick up your transfer package. It's not that big of a deal.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
You don't need to renlist to execute these orders. PSD should already have an extension form that you'll sign when you pick up your transfer package. It's not that big of a deal.

That means I do a five year extension? (1 year left on current enlistment) I didn't think you can extend that long.

haubby

None
Contributor
That means I do a five year extension? (1 year left on current enlistment) I didn't think you can extend that long.

I may have had two years left before I transfered, I'm not really sure but I just looked up MILPERSMAN 1160-040 and it states one cannot extend for more than 48 months at a time. I seem to remember signing and thinking jesus thats alot of time but you may in fact have to reenlist because your so close to your EOAS. But for those that have enough time on their current enlistment, extending is the easier route to go.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Someone from my command called Pensacola today. They said that the detailers didn't get funding for orders until a few days ago and that they're trying to get them done by the end of the week.

Jonusn

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Hey guys, I'm extremely new to the forum but I wanted to go ahead and jump on in! I'm Ryan... better known as STS2 Stagg (Or Ggats...) I've been hovering over my Bupers Online account... just waiting for my orders to come in! Couple quick questions...

Who else got selected primary Pilot? Anyone get selected Primary Pilot and is a former Submariner?? Leme know...

Little bit about me.

I'm 23, I've been in for 4 yr 4 mo and got selected my first time up. I'm a sonar tech, senior in rate qual'd and have done (1) deployment in the "Northern Atlantic" (wink wink)

Anyone close to that description pipe up, because I have a feeling that I'm going to be a lonely bubble head among the aviation classes...

Im about in the same boat. 23 and a MT2 on the Tennessee up in Norfolk Naval Shipyard right now, was formerly in Kings Bay. Got picked up for primary pilot first time up with about 5 years in the Navy. Not to worry about being the only bubble head up at NSI. Im heading to ODU after so it'll be right back to Norfolk for me!

OscarMyers

None
Orders have posted on BOL. So if your ate up like me and have a cac card reader at home you can take a gander at them. If not youll have to go into work.