• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

FitNavy

Surely the results will be out in the next couple of days. Waiting till the 15th or so is a bit ridiculous. Anyone that gets selected will need to get hopping on preparing for the move and transition. It behooves everyone to put the results out as soon as possible. Maybe we'll see them tomorrow.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Surely the results will be out in the next couple of days. Waiting till the 15th or so is a bit ridiculous. Anyone that gets selected will need to get hopping on preparing for the move and transition. It behooves everyone to put the results out as soon as possible. Maybe we'll see them tomorrow.

Last year you had to have all the physicals, the school acceptances, page 13, etc, by 17DEC08 if you were checking into NSI in February. It may seem like a lot of time, but it goes by quick, and you'll be waiting on schools to get their poop together for you. It's actually the slowest part. Even if you are already attending the school you plan to go to, it still can take some time to get the degree plan approved and college acceptance letter in.....Maybe it was just my bad luck.

Just remember to bug them respectfully to keep on it and make sure they are getting out the right info.

Also, if you guys are looking for Aviation colleges, there are quite a few of them out there, so don't think ERAU is the only game in town. I would not recommend Hampton University, I and another OC is having a hell of a time getting things straight that I think may not have been an issue elsewhere (credit issues, incompetent personal, etc.)

Good luck to all, and I hope you guys hear something this week.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
oh honestly... Navy aside, since this is a public forum- AS HUMAN BEINGS you must demonstrate behavior deserving of respect to be granted respect. This back and forth, schoolyard, pointing fingers, ganging up on the new guy CRAP is disgusting. All parties involved need to grow the hell up. I'm upset, as a STA-21 applicant, that the ranks i am attempting to join apparently think it common practice to bicker like children- and relish it! With a complete lack of tact or effort to guide in the right direction, no less! This is absolutely absurd, and quite frankly, WERE i a civilian going OCS, rather than a sailor trying for STA-21, I would have a very bad impression of Naval officers from this thread alone. Lets hope not many of them have wandered in here to see what the prior enlisted Navy is all about.

at this point i can't say i would blame the moderators for locking the thread.

that's my 5 cents. Let the trash talking ensue, by all means.

Just to clarify as a "HUMAN BEING" I was merely pointing out an observation of why the individual might be receiving negative rep. It wasn't meant as an attempt to bicker. I bolded the text of the point I was trying to make to the individual complaining about negative rep.

austinEM

ET2, thanks! Also, If anyone has any questions, I have been a Career Counselor for 3 years and currently the Eng. Dept Career Counselor and Dept. CFL on an LHD. I feel those that have a dream or goal should be given the most accurate and up-to-date information. Success takes motivation! It starts by being a living example. So I will set it. No more of the antics.

c--dude

Question for OCs

Do any OCs from previous year's selection know of anyone attending University of Maryland? or George Washington? I have contacted the STA-21 people at the NROTC office there, but no response. I have questions about OC life there. Thanks.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Do any OCs from previous year's selection know of anyone attending University of Maryland? or George Washington? I have contacted the STA-21 people at the NROTC office there, but no response. I have questions about OC life there. Thanks.

The odds are better than even that there are OC's attending both places, I was at NSI with two guys from my division going to University of Maryland, so there is at least two. good luck getting in touch with someone for more information, but keep trying. Keep trying to get in touch with someone in the admin office, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

sw09

I'm starting to get very nervous again. I feel like the results are going to come out any minute now...and I am very suspicious about NAVADMIN 282...

davebomb25

I have not posted too much to this thread since it was started, but have monitored it closely. I am currently a Naval Aircrewman/SAR swimmer on deployment right now and completed my college applications before I left to Embry-Riddle and Jacksonville University because I knew there would have been no chance to get it done out here in 5th fleet. I have already been accepted to both colleges with acceptance letters. Also, I completed my physical before I left as well, but it looks like i might need to get another HIV test because mine was done before the selection year. (09' obviously) Sorry to hear you guys are having issues with different institutions. I have applied for a Naval aviator slot with a back-up of CORE.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
as long as you have your HIV drawn from this past year, you'll be fine. I did mine (with a full physical) in April, so that I knew I was qual'd for NFO before applying. They (NSTC) accepted the physical with no issues.

SPYvsSPY

FY-09 STA-21 Intel Applicant
Hey all, got some interesting info for you. I won't post the e-mail here due to it being FOUO. However I emailed NPC about 282/08 and asked if it could have something to do with the STA-21 results. They thanked me for the email first and then went on to tell me more or less that the message was needed to be rerouted and should be posted within the next "day or so." If this is the results then it may be coming very soon!

smcampbell1

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Selectee--AE1--CSCWL
Hey all, got some interesting info for you. I won't post the e-mail here due to it being FOUO. However I emailed NPC about 282/08 and asked if it could have something to do with the STA-21 results. They thanked me for the email first and then went on to tell me more or less that the message was needed to be rerouted and should be posted within the next "day or so." If this is the results then it may be coming very soon!
You beat me to it. Thanks for the info.

C5IFTW

Hmm

Wow, this is interesting. Thanks for the heads up... I'm extra anxious now, lol.:icon_tong

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Just off the Phone

This is all my knowledge and I dont want to say its in stone. I just got off the phone with NPC and was told that Navadmin 282 is indeed the STA-21 Results and is on the final desk to get displayed. We should know either today or tomorrow.........GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

SPYvsSPY

FY-09 STA-21 Intel Applicant
This is all my knowledge and I dont want to say its in stone. I just got off the phone with NPC and was told that Navadmin 282 is indeed the STA-21 Results and is on the final desk to get displayed. We should know either today or tomorrow.........GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

sounds like between both of us, we got some good information....GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!