• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
NPC and Bupers Online is down...just got off the phone with STA21 and they said its on his desk. He said they NAVADMIN normally dont come out till Fridays? I dont think that is correct....but what do i know about NAVADMINS...anyone have more knowledge on that??

smcampbell1

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Selectee--AE1--CSCWL
!!!

I know it's already been said--but good luck once again to everyone. Anyone else too anxious to go home just yet?

DaveWilliams

FY09 INTEL SELECT
NPC is back up

No results yet. I would think if the results were coming out today/tomorrow some people would have been contacted by their CO's :confused:

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
NPC isnt working for me yet.....I wish this guy that has to approve them would just do it already....I called my command and they said they would not find out any sooner than we could on BUPERS...I dont know...?

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
NPC and Bupers Online is down...just got off the phone with STA21 and they said its on his desk. He said they NAVADMIN normally dont come out till Fridays? I dont think that is correct....but what do i know about NAVADMINS...anyone have more knowledge on that??

NAVADMINs are released every business day, usually between the hours of 1100 - 1600. But that would be just like them to say only on Fridays...

murph0307

FY-09 STA-21 Pilot Select!!
I have Bupers and NPC and it still says FY-08 Alternate...........................still waiting..................

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
First word of advice is not to wait for your CO's or your CCC to tell you that you have been selected. If that would have happened to me I would have never been picked up from an alternate selection spot. I am not sure what happened but the chain didn't get notified and I was asked a month later by my CCC if I had been selected or not.

For some reason Air Warriors was the best way to be notified but last year we had some guys who got the information from some buddies so we got the results a little faster than before. Not sure how its going to happen this year but I hope you guys have someone on the inside. I unfortunately have no one to contact to help you guys out.

For those who do get picked up, Congratulations!!! The road is not over with though so keep positive and keep doing your best. There is still Boost (maybe), NSI, and NROTC to have fun with. Not all of its going to be a blast either. Your going to be spending a good amount of time locked up away from your family and sometimes with a bunch of people that annoy the shit out of you. No matter who you are its going to change you, some for the good and some for the bad. Just be ready. Go to the gym and get all that extra poundage off... you do it now and LT Brewer wont be so bad, take some leave and a nice vacation because your not going to get another one for a while.

I know a lot of the information about NSI is in the NSI topic but I feel there are a few things that might help some of you out that is not located in the topic.

Alternate Selects:
Do not get discouraged. There was at least a good handful of us that were at NSI last year that were alternates and still got to go. Most of us were selected because we got our information in as soon as possible. If your a pilot alternate and want to get picked up, if you don't have your flight physical done (for some dumb reason) get it done right away! Get your school information sent it ASAP. This is no joke the best way to get picked up. I was an alternate selectee in position 6/10 and I got picked up because the other 4 in front of me didn't have anything in. I may have not been the number 1 guy/girl on the list... but I made sure my chances were the best they were going to be. Start working on your package for next year too so that when it comes time you are ready.

NSI:
NSI is a different kind of boot camp type of situation. They don't shave your head and they don't destroy your world all the time for no reason. They are mostly relaxed and leave you alone to do your school work and stuff. We all asked our selfs what the point of NSI was after we left and really only now I can answer that question. Its just to get some of the classes out of the way you would have to take while at the NROTC unit... things you wont have time with. They don't teach you leadership at NSI unless you get put into a leadership position. I wrote a blog about once every few days while at NSI so that I could remember what happened there. Its full of horrible grammar and spelling errors but if you want to take the time to read it PM and ill send you what I got.

Pay:
Another big deal is pay issues. Make sure your pay is taken care of before you go to NSI because you WONT have a lot of time to fix crap when you get there. PSD at NSI is not the best and you have to deal with some people that don't give a crap about you. People that go to BOOST lose their BAH for the total time you are at boost and NSI. People that just get NSI do get BAH (at least did FY08) for the 7 weeks that they are at NSI.

Cheating:
Don't cheat on the tests. It might seem like a good idea at the time but it's a huge problem and well they take it very serious at NSI. We had 4 people not graduate with us because of cheating and I still have no idea what happened to them. I couldn't imagination having to go back to the fleet and explain that I got kicked out of NSI for cheating on some dumb Navy tests.

Uniforms:
Do not toss all your uniforms. Put them in a nice safe area that isn't going to hurt them because you don't need them while at NSI unless you go to BOOST. Once you get to your NROTC unit there is a good chance that you may need to use them again for different events that they have OC's stand in on.

Living:
Try to have your living situation set up before you leave for NSI. The less stress you have when you are at NSI the better.

NROTC:
Some may think that its going to be a cake walk, and some may have that cake walk that everyone thinks they are going to be. Just know that some unites are not the same as others and are more hardcore. I showed up to my unit and it was like boot camp all over again for the first week. After that its school time so they don't care.

Hope this helps some of you. I am sure there is a ton of information that I am missing that would help you. If any of the OC's read this maybe they could add something in.

Good luck again!