• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Does anybody have an idea of the questions they ask in the interview? I asked my recruiter but he won't tell me. Do they ask technical questions? I was told that the interview is coming up so I am getting really nervous

Normal common sense interviews. You shouldn’t be asked to solve math problems if that’s what you’re asking.

I was using math as an example. The questions are intended to be broad and more focused on your character than anything.
Thank you. This is super helpful I guess my last question is the qualification. I have 2 years of work experience in the DoD IT field and earned my Master's in IT recently. Do you think I qualify for the IWC? People told me I need to enlist first or need at least 5 years of experience to be competitive.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you. This is super helpful I guess my last question is the qualification. I have 2 years of work experience in the DoD IT field and earned my Master's in IT recently. Do you think I qualify for the IWC? People told me I need to enlist first or need at least 5 years of experience to be competitive.

Check out the applicable program authorization, the rule of thumb for DCO programs is 5-10 years of relevant work experience, but you can always shoot your shot if you have less than that.

I will say I don't have much work experince but I make up for it with my educational and certifications. I think if your officer recruiter thought you were a good canidate to put up a package for you should be somewhat competitive. Otherwise, why even put the package up together and waste a ton of time at medical, paperwork, background investigation, interviews and all the hassle on the recruiter side.

warthog_az

Check out the applicable program authorization, the rule of thumb for DCO programs is 5-10 years of relevant work experience, but you can always shoot your shot if you have less than that.
Use your time in the interview to highlight your accomplishments in IT and what have your learned while working on your Masters. You have an hour to brag about yourself. Don't worry about what you have not done, years in the field, and focus on what you have completed. Why should you lead in the CW community

warthog_az

I will say I don't have much work experince but I make up for it with my educational and certifications. I think if your officer recruiter thought you were a good canidate to put up a package for you should be somewhat competitive. Otherwise, why even put the package up together and waste a ton of time at medical, paperwork, background investigation, interviews and all the hassle on the recruiter side.
I second that. From what I have heard from other forums, ORs will tell applicant's to improve there qualifications and come back later

Thank you all, you all are pretty helpful. I feel much more comfortable now. I still don't know when my interview is but I have time to prepare.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
I am in process of developing an 1815 package with my OR for FY23 early spring board (date TBD). I have a lot more combing through this platform before I pose any questions. Looking forward to reading how everyone did on this go around. GLTA

Just found out I need a wavier that will put me out of this boards timeline, will be going to the boards in March :) goodluck this round to everyone else for this round!

jamal1825

So, in order to get selected for 1825, having the CISSP IT cert and AI experience would be considered highly recommended?