• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

exNavyOffRec

I signed my Ready Reserve Agreement but then my recruiter told me my commissioning would be after October due to some kind of money issue...
It is more likely they commissioned the number they needed for the current FY, there was a note on the dashboard about 2 months ago for a few IWC designators that they were closed for FY22 and the rest would commission in FY23. This is a normal thing from what I saw.

CMR1984

I received my approved DD368 (conditional release from enlisted to DCO) today. Recruiter says COMMDOCS will be next but could not provide a timeframe.

jmald10

I just saw this post and was thinking that I am supposed to be good to go as far as documents go for the IWC DCO August-September board, but don’t remember completing this document. Is the recruiter supposed to send the DD368 directly to CNIFR? Or is the member required to get this document approved via COC.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just saw this post and was thinking that I am supposed to be good to go as far as documents go for the IWC DCO August-September board, but don’t remember completing this document. Is the recruiter supposed to send the DD368 directly to CNIFR? Or is the member required to get this document approved via COC.
Either way is fine.

MajorThom13

As it gets closer to the board an updated dashboard may provide more info, the last one I saw had 1825 with a FY22 goal of 11 and they had 23 picked and/or attained which means 12 are waiting for FY23 so they can get attained.
Is location a factor at all? As in some locations having slots available where others don’t.
The state I interviewed with said they need IPOs, sounds like that is still the case.
Or is it total slots open Navy reserves wide and you have to take one of open locations if selected?

TheClyde

Is location a factor at all? As in some locations having slots available where others don’t.
The state I interviewed with said they need IPOs, sounds like that is still the case.
Or is it total slots open Navy reserves wide and you have to take one of open locations if selected?
My understanding is a slot is a slot on a DCO program is not geographically dependent, there is neither a slot quota by location, nor are you assigned a location. That being said, if you are in a location that is particularly in need, the officers you interview with may make a more compelling case as to why you should be selected.

jrh0425

IP billets/units are mostly located on the East and West coast. You will most likely be placed with a local IW unit until you finish ODS and get warfare qual done. I am currently filling a billet with an Intel unit. Once I get my qual done I will apply for an IP billet.

MajorThom13

IP billets/units are mostly located on the East and West coast. You will most likely be placed with a local IW unit until you finish ODS and get warfare qual done. I am currently filling a billet with an Intel unit. Once I get my qual done I will apply for an IP billet.
So not that you applied for Intel or where Intel as an enlisted troop, just that no IP slots where open so they assigned you to Intel till one becomes available? If that’s the case that’s cool. I don’t mind training with an Intel or IW command till an IP slot opens, it would just be nice to get selected this fall even if no IP slots are open yet.

Last edited:

TheClyde

this is ridiculous. My Navy recruiter submitted my packet for the IWC DCO in early June. I waited for the full June and July for the panel interview. I just got a call today from my recruiter, and my recruiter said they tried to call me, but I didn't answer. HOW? I've been trying to join the Navy for the past 2 years, and HOW CAN I MISS THEIR CALLs? I checked all my emails and missed calls in June and July, but I didn't see any email or call from the Navy Interview panel. He said he would resubmit my packet for the next Feb board, but WHAT IF they don't contact me again? I am working on a military base, so sometimes, my signal could be unstable, but still, at least they could have left a voicemail, and I will 100% call back. My recruiter is also not a good recruiter, so he was very on and off with me. My recruiter said The interview panel confirmed they received my packet and assured me the board will contact me to schedule the interview but they never did.
Sorry you experienced this. I will give you the same advice that I'd give all other applicants. YOU need to drive the process. Nobody cares more about your package than you do. Be professionally obnoxious, if something doesn't seem right don't be afraid to follow up and be persistent, as long as you're professional about it.