• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

VR-AM2

How long did you have to wait after your Pro Rec before you got a MEPs appointment? How long did it take to find out that you were medically cleared?

Bam Bam,

I got my board result on Friday and went to MEPS the following Thursday. It was no problem at all. Just filled out the request form and got the appointment the next day. Now I'm waiting for the results, but the doc said I'm good to go. Anything else would be a surprise, since I am already a drilling reservist.

Good luck with your board.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Have you heard anything about medals/awards that transfer from the AF to the Navy? I am from the ANG and was picked up for IWO this year.

Messiah62,

First of all, congrats on your selection! I found the information on the Navy public site, United States Navy Uniform Regulations (NAVPERS 15665), Most notably Chapter 5 section 3 (5301-5319). I also pulled up this word document on the Navy public bupers site. It looks like I will be able to transfer 9 of my 17 of my awarded ribbons and medals. I have attached it for your viewing pleasure.

I hope this helps.

Bam Bam

Attachments

• PrecedenceofAwards.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 7

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Bam Bam,

I got my board result on Friday and went to MEPS the following Thursday. It was no problem at all. Just filled out the request form and got the appointment the next day. Now I'm waiting for the results, but the doc said I'm good to go. Anything else would be a surprise, since I am already a drilling reservist.

Good luck with your board.

VR-AM2,

Congrats on your selection! I hope that I get the green light this week and then maybe I can head to MEPS shortly thereafter. I am currently in the Air Force Reserve (IRR) because I didn’t want to get selected for a DCO slot and then have my AF Commander deny my transfer to the Navy. That would be AWEFUL!!

Good luck and happy commissioning!

Bam Bam

P3toP8

I'm a SELRES and vice just going into my recruiters office and swearing in, I'd like to have a small ceremony, more so for my family. I'd like to have my current CO swear me in and my wife to pin me. Has anyone done this, or is it allowed?

Messiah62

I'm a SELRES and vice just going into my recruiters office and swearing in, I'd like to have a small ceremony, more so for my family. I'd like to have my current CO swear me in and my wife to pin me. Has anyone done this, or is it allowed?

Yes that is allowed. That is what I plan on doing as well. It will be my ANG commander that will swear me in and then my family will pin me. The recruiter said i could essentially do whatever I wanted.

das

Contributor
Typical wait time between results letter and COMDOCs: 2-3 months. Your experience may vary.

Thirteen

Has anyone who got selected this last board get their COMDOCs yet?

I am an Intel select from the most recent board, and my recruiter thinks that the next month or two is a realistic timeline for COMDOCS. No mention of anyone else selected in that office being any closer than I am. Just got to MEPS yesterday because I was traveling recently.

AgLawman

I am hearing the same, mid May to early June. I received my PQ letter on April 12, 2013, so it is just hurry up and wait now.