• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

Thirteen

Hello all,
I'm a new member. Intel select at this, my first board. Tremendous information on this and other threads, thanks for it all!

AgLawman

Hello all, This was the second board for me this time around, was a non-select last September for Intel, but was Pro-Rec this time, again for Intel. I know I enjoyed lurking around checking stats to see where I stacked up, so here are mine.

Prior Navy 4 years as a Sonar Technician, got out as STG3(SW) in 1993.
Honor Recruit and Top 10% BC Company 042 San Diego.
Earned ESWS as Seaman, promoted to E-4 first test cycle.
Began my Law Enforcement Career when I got out and have worked my way up to Captain with my current agency where I am responsible for 65 law enforcement officers, sergeants and lieutenant, along with being responsible for 7 facilities in 2 Florida Counties. I have four years street level experience, five years in investigations and seven and a half years in a command level position.
Bachelors of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice with a Specialization in Forensic Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, 3.98 GPA
Masters of Science Degree in Criminal Justice with a Certificate in Public Administration, GPA 3.90
Secret Security clearance through FBI currently to attend meetings with local JTTF.
Certified Public Manager.
I have volunteered for the last six years as a youth coach for the local YMCA (Soccer, basketball and flag football) and the local little league for baseball.

These were the same credentials I had for my first package before the board, to improve myself for this last board I did the following:

Volunteered to be a committee member for the State Law Enforcement Chief's Association on a committee to develop criteria for a Certified Law Enforcement Manager Designation for State of Florida Law Enforcement Managers.

I applied for and was accepted into the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Senior Leadership Program.

I am very honored to have been Pro-Rec'd this time before the board, looking forward to this next step. Ready for the physical to be done and over, I don't believe I have any ailments that should hold me back, so here's to fingers crossed. I have had nothing but a good experience from my OR so far, he has really been on the ball, praying for Commissioning by June or July.

P3toP8

OR's,

I am currently on ADT, will this effect PERS when they look at orders for me? Or will being on ADT effect me in any other way regarding my commission? The plan is when my recruiter calls and says I'm ready to commission, that I will just come off ADT.

das

Contributor
OR's,

I am currently on ADT, will this effect PERS when they look at orders for me? Or will being on ADT effect me in any other way regarding my commission? The plan is when my recruiter calls and says I'm ready to commission, that I will just come off ADT.

The only thing that should impact you is if you're actually mobilized (in which case commissioning takes place once off mob), not just on ADT orders. If you know you can come off your ADT orders without issue, then it's just a matter of waiting for your Final Select and COMDOCS to come through. Ask your recruiter to double-check with PERS.

P3toP8

The only thing that should impact you is if you're actually mobilized (in which case commissioning takes place once off mob), not just on ADT orders. If you know you can come off your ADT orders without issue, then it's just a matter of waiting for your Final Select and COMDOCS to come through. Ask your recruiter to double-check with PERS.

We spoke with PERS and they said that as long as I can come off orders when my paper work comes through then it should be no issue.

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
I'm surprised they didn't select you also. I know age waivers are granted a lot more if your medical. I'm not sure how often for us IDC.
To quote what I've been told: "Apply. If we want you, and you need a waiver, you'll get one."

CFlip

Medical is done and everything is getting submitted this week. What my recruiter is telling me the process is seems to be a little different than what I was reading on this board...

He said we wait for COMDOCS then those get filled out and submitted and then we wait for the letter and with that I get commissioned?

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Medical is done and everything is getting submitted this week. What my recruiter is telling me the process is seems to be a little different than what I was reading on this board...

He said we wait for COMDOCS then those get filled out and submitted and then we wait for the letter and with that I get commissioned?

How long did you have to wait after your Pro Rec before you got a MEPs appointment? How long did it take to find out that you were medically cleared?

Thanks for the info!

CFlip

I'm an actively drilling reservist that went through MEPS just 18 months ago to come back into the reserves- my experience might have been a little different than others?

I turned in form 2807 and the Request for Examination paperwork the Friday after the board and got the OK to call the NRD representative and schedule my MEPS appointment the following Wednesday (last week). I had my appointment yesterday and didn't have any issues- was done within two hours and turned in the paperwork to the NRD representative then and there. She is still putting together the last parts to send off (currently pending my doctor to send over my yearly female test results) but said it should be sent by the end of the week. My recruiter said there is no reason to expect anything to prevent my commissioning so I can go ahead and start ordering my uniforms which is nice because I can do it a little at a time!

Was just trying to sort out the next steps and what to expect.

I have been watching the quotas for the DCOIC in hopes I can get in this fiscal year but my recruiter informed me that if I don't and I can't find another way to complete AT for this fiscal year that it won't be a "bad" year because I will be getting commissioned and it resets all of that. I attempted to use my reserve UIC and affiliation to get access to eNTRS to try and reserve a seat with DCOIC, we'll see if it works :)

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Ok I see. I'm still waiting on my board results to be released. They were supposed to come out yesterday but i'm trying to stay paitent. I'm currently in the AF Reserve but I have to go back thru MEPS after the Pro Rec. I'm hoping that it will be a somewhat seemless process. I guess we'll see. Congrats again on your Pro Rec!

CFlip

What board is it you are waiting on?

All I had to do at MEPS was the officer portion of the physical- read aloud and a portion of the vision test- which I had actually completed my first time there so they just signed off on it, and then I had to have an "inspect" which consisted of height/weight check and a short question and answer session with the doc (new tattoos? any surgeries since last here? any injuries, etc..) and then he did a quick body check for injuries. The girls that were being shipped to bootcamp had the same inspection done. Fun stuff, but at least I didn't have to walk like a duck in my bra and underwear again :)

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I'm waiting on the Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer (AMDO) board results. Duck walk, yuck! It's been 14+ years since I've done that and it sucked back then too!

Messiah62

Ok I see. I'm still waiting on my board results to be released. They were supposed to come out yesterday but i'm trying to stay paitent. I'm currently in the AF Reserve but I have to go back thru MEPS after the Pro Rec. I'm hoping that it will be a somewhat seemless process. I guess we'll see. Congrats again on your Pro Rec!

Have you heard anything about medals/awards that transfer from the AF to the Navy? I am from the ANG and was picked up for IWO this year.