• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 19 IWC DCO BOARD

bryanteagle6

Sign up for the ODS class that starts before may 24th but ends after that date. That will be after the end of the semester and an easier waiver to sell

Bones

I took a look at CANTRAC and my academic calendar. I'd probably sign up for the June-July one. The one before that starts May 10 which is too early. Who bottom lines the waivers? Unit CO?

Question here. I'm in DC region, looking at DCO 1825/1835. Here's an issue. Wife is really tired of our area and has been dreaming about moving to Dallas, TX area for years now. Plus, next summer would be the perfect opportunity with kids finishing elementary and ready to start middle school. Our public schools here are terrible and we can't afford private schooling. I'm a fed and currently looking for another GS job in Fort Worth and Dallas TX area so we can move.

After reading this forum for several months, I'm realizing my chances of getting picked are probably really low. But what if it still happens despite the odds? How will this work if I get selected this time around in September? My OR is telling me it's not going to be an issue if I move to TX after getting commissioned. But I want to hear from other people as well.

Let's run a hypothetical scenario. Assuming I get picked on 9/16/19, I probably get commissioned by January. Go to ODS and complete it by the end of April next year. In June I get offered a fed position in TX and we move the same month. I can still do IPBC and all other required training events as listed in the memo they had me sign, just hop on the plane and I'm there in less than a day. But what about everything else?

I would probably have to be associated with a different reserve unit after I move to TX. How does this work? Is there going to be an issue with executing this change after we move? I'm trying to avoid the situation when I need to start showing up for my monthly drill weekends and they are expecting me at Andrews AFB while I'm in Fort Worth, TX. When will the drill weekends be starting anyway? I've read until you get your 36-month PQS completed, you can't drill and you can’t mobilize. You get your required annual reserve points via the ADT only. Did I understand this correctly?

Am I missing anything? Can I move to TX within 12 months after accepting my commission or I'm stuck here in DC for the next 3-5 years if I do?

bryanteagle6

Lots of variables here, but short answer is, yes you can move without much of a hassle.

I dont know all the units in tx but i know they exist. Of course you could have a unit in texas but still drive 10 hours depending on where you live. BIG STATE!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Am I missing anything? Can I move to TX within 12 months after accepting my commission or I'm stuck here in DC for the next 3-5 years if I do?
No. You ask for a TRUIC change from NOSC DC to the NOSC nearest to where you are moving to in TX. Happens all the time.

You cannot be mobilized while in a training status but you will be drilling. If you are an Intel type you will attend during the drill weekend the NIOBC reserve course or whatever the hell they are calling it these days.

No. You ask for a TRUIC change from NOSC DC to the NOSC nearest to where you are moving to in TX. Happens all the time.

You cannot be mobilized while in a training status but you will be drilling. If you are an Intel type you will attend during the drill weekend the NIOBC reserve course or whatever the hell they are calling it these days.

Ok, this gives me an independent confirmation it won't be an issue. Thank you for that.

On a separate note, if any of the people who get selected next week feel comfortable sharing their stats, it would be much appreciated!