• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 19 IWC DCO BOARD

shiner237

Once more into the fray! Its hard to believe that I've working at this since 2011. Something to say about persistence!

khestergk

The Army has a Direct Commission program hidden away for Medical IT; 70D. Requires a masters in an IT related field 47-year-old age requirement (not 42) with a waiver. They had 9 applicants in October all of them were picked up and 54 remaining slots they are having a hard time filling up and it's not a well-known program. I got lucky and found out about when talking to a medical officer; they don't advertise very well and the recruitment for the program is a completely different office then Regular army channels. If you want the POC, pm me I'll give you the two contacts I have. I was basically told if you have the masters in an IT related field and can pass meps, you'll get a direct commission (reserve only).

Best of luck to everyone in the next board

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
The Army has a Direct Commission program hidden away for Medical IT; 70D. Requires a masters in an IT related field 47-year-old age requirement (not 42) with a waiver. They had 9 applicants in October all of them were picked up and 54 remaining slots they are having a hard time filling up and it's not a well-known program. I got lucky and found out about when talking to a medical officer; they don't advertise very well and the recruitment for the program is a completely different office then Regular army channels. If you want the POC, pm me I'll give you the two contacts I have. I was basically told if you have the masters in an IT related field and can pass meps, you'll get a direct commission (reserve only).

Best of luck to everyone in the next board
Sounds pretty nice. What is their OPTEMPO like from a drilling and deployment perspective?

khestergk

I didn't ask to be honest, I served in the Guard and active Army. I assume it is more of the same, my packet goes in February.

WAMI

Does anyone know how many intel and cyber people were pick up from the October, 2018 board -- how many seats were open? I unfortunately did not get my physical done in time. Ill be shooting for the March, 2019 board.

bryanteagle6

Here's the numbers for the SEPT Board - I'm not aware of an Oct board

OCEANO - 1
CW - 9
IP - 9
Intel - 43

No idea on the "open number of seats"?

BCWOLN

Read your post about the 70D Medical IT officer. Sounds exactly what I'm looking for, especially considering that the Navy EDO community is probably about to decide I'm not "engineer-y" enough. I have 15+ years Data Engineer / Data Scientist experience and the topic for my dissertation for my PhD is identifying factors for predictive risk modeling of 30 day hospital readmissions, using supervised and unsupervised machine learning of electronic health record data...should be a natural fit! If you could share the POC, that'd be great!

jiawei309

Next board is March 2019.

Going in for my Panel interview + OIC endorsement interview this weekend. Going to be putting my best foot forward with suit, tie, and plenty of practice with the PA documents you've posted previously!

Wish me luck!

Radeon3030

DCO SELECT
Howdy folks, just wanted to introduce myself and pass along my stats along for comparison. I have a packet going to the March '19 DCO board for CW and IP (in that order).

39/M. Non prior service. First time DCO applicant. I'm in Northern Virginia.
BS in IT, 3.6 GPA
2 classes into my Masters in IT at Virginia Tech, 4.0 (so far)
Lots of certs: Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Cloud+, CySA+, CASP, CISSP, CEH, GSLC, ITILv3, ISO9001
18 years experience in IT, mostly on fed gov contracts
Active clearance
Very fit (CrossFit junkie)
Small amount of leadership / team lead / line manager experience, but not tons.

I didn't happen across this site until recently - I sure wish I had found this place sooner, such a wealth of information. Don't bother wishing me luck, there's no way I'm getting selected, not this round anyhow. I had an unfortunate case of bad timing: My OIC and panel interview were back to back on the same day - and it just so happened to be mere days after my son was born, and it was a long and difficult labor/delivery. I was like a zombie, on day 4 of zero sleep, and did not interview well at all.

Good luck to everyone else!

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Howdy folks, just wanted to introduce myself and pass along my stats along for comparison. I have a packet going to the March '19 DCO board for CW and IP (in that order).

39/M. Non prior service. First time DCO applicant. I'm in Northern Virginia.
BS in IT, 3.6 GPA
2 classes into my Masters in IT at Virginia Tech, 4.0 (so far)
Lots of certs: Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Cloud+, CySA+, CASP, CISSP, CEH, GSLC, ITILv3, ISO9001
18 years experience in IT, mostly on fed gov contracts
Active clearance
Very fit (CrossFit junkie)
Small amount of leadership / team lead / line manager experience, but not tons.

I didn't happen across this site until recently - I sure wish I had found this place sooner, such a wealth of information. Don't bother wishing me luck, there's no way I'm getting selected, not this round anyhow. I had an unfortunate case of bad timing: My OIC and panel interview were back to back on the same day - and it just so happened to be mere days after my son was born, and it was a long and difficult labor/delivery. I was like a zombie, on day 4 of zero sleep, and did not interview well at all.

Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats on the new recruit (baby)!

Your creds read pretty legit, heck, you just might get picked up the first go 'round. I don't know your situation but in the meantime, start saving money for the big 20-week training cycle and if you don't get picked up, keep applying!

Radeon3030

DCO SELECT
Congrats on the new recruit (baby)!

Your creds read pretty legit, heck, you just might get picked up the first go 'round. I don't know your situation but in the meantime, start saving money for the big 20-week training cycle and if you don't get picked up, keep applying!
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will definitely give it another go! I interviewed with an O-6 CW, and she said my credentials were a closer fit to IP than CW. So I may go for IP first choice next time around.

The only part that gives me pause, is in the paperwork, it explicitly states that they prefer candidates who are closer to 35 years old. Are there any folks in here who got selected at age 39+? Would be interesting to see the age distribution of prior year selectees.

AMGunner

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will definitely give it another go! I interviewed with an O-6 CW, and she said my credentials were a closer fit to IP than CW. So I may go for IP first choice next time around.

The only part that gives me pause, is in the paperwork, it explicitly states that they prefer candidates who are closer to 35 years old. Are there any folks in here who got selected at age 39+? Would be interesting to see the age distribution of prior year selectees.

I was 39 yrs old when selected in the FY18 board