• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

This is a wild guess but the reason you haven't been selected is the fact you're competing for an O-3 IDC spot vice everyone else who is coming in as an O-1. IWC gets filled, especially the O-3s and O-2s who eventually promote to LT. Your stats do make you competitive, but the fact you're an O-3, or should I say prior O-3 makes it slim to none accommodating a spot for you.

With almost 10 years in why did you leave the Marine Corps? If possible, check our USMCR opportunities if they're there.

I'll let @NavyOffRec weigh his opinion as well.

I have never seen a OSVET come in as anything but an O-1, seen prior USN officers retain rank but only prior USN

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Also, the member should be working with a NAVET/OSVET (Other Service Veteran) recruiter instead of a regular officer recruiter at the NRD. Each region of the country has one, and for the USMC prior officer there is one directly in Washington, DC.

With the exception of medical, chaplain, and potentially JAG programs, the NRDs don't really handle officer-to-officer applications, especially from other services.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Has anyone done their community board/interview over the phone?
I've had a LCDR on the phone but the unit XO and CO in the room itself.
Having a board over the phone isn't unusual but its uncommon. I highly recommend being in person.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I've had a LCDR on the phone but the unit XO and CO in the room itself.
Having a board over the phone isn't unusual but its uncommon. I highly recommend being in person.
I am in Afghanistan. Do you know anyone in the community out here? I would prefer to be in person, however I am not sure it will work at this time.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
I am in Afghanistan. Do you know anyone in the community out here? I would prefer to be in person, however I am not sure it will work at this time.
Definitely belay my last. I'm not sure if anyone would or would not be there.
Are you working with a recruiter or career counselor? They should be able to direct you/schedule your interviews with fellow community officers.
@NavyOffRec, could you provide some more guidance here?

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Are you working with a recruiter or career counselor? They should be able to direct you/schedule your interviews with fellow community officers.
I am working with a reserve officer recruiter. He is on leave until Friday and probably wont return to work until Monday. I actually called the unit I am trying to join after I posted and waiting for the AOIC to email back regarding the interview/board. I was just curious if anyone had done this over the phone or Skype and if it was a common practice or not.

exNavyOffRec

All of our guys had to interview with the OIC in the region they were going to be in, so guidance from the OR he is working with is key, he may have to wait until he returns.

TahoeDiver

I've got everything ready for my package, but still working on some waivers for medical and not cleared by MEPS - does anyone know if I can still be in included in the January board with MEPS pending? Or is passing MEPS required to be included? My OR is not getting back to me at the moment and I'm pushing the medical stuff as fast as I can, but a lot of this stuff is from years ago and doctors are slow to provide my records or no longer have records.

TahoeDiver

my panel interview date is Nov 28 in Portland. Anyone else signed up for those? From what I hear they are doing a large group since it's getting close to deadline for packages. Does anyone have a link to other threads on here for sample DCO interview questions? The search function didn't give anything.

Able

... is passing MEPS required to be included? ...

I'm not an authority on this, but my OR has made it clear to me that I need to be fully medically qualified in order to submit my package.

This time of year, work try to work this thing every day. The ORs (and the Navy) expect officers to be leaders and people who can make things happen. The application process is a demonstration of that skill.

Magnum6

Has anyone seen if the board dates have actually been published yet? I know we anticipate January, just wondering if they have been formally announced.