• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

Magnum6

So, I connected with an officer recruiter. We exchanged emails - I completed initial documents. Now he is completely MIA. No response in the last 6 weeks after multiple emails and phone calls. Perhaps he has PCS'd or retired completely?

What are the rules of engagement for recruiters? Can I shift to a different NRD or do I have to stay with the office geographically assigned to my location?

macmc89

Terminal CPL
Hey all! This forum is amazing. A question for anyone who may have been through the process: what's the absolute latest you think I could start the process and still submit on time? I'm moving soon and probably won't be able to speak to a recruiter in my new location until mid-August at the earliest; should I just aim for FY 18 instead?

unbroken

Naval officer
So, I connected with an officer recruiter. We exchanged emails - I completed initial documents. Now he is completely MIA. No response in the last 6 weeks after multiple emails and phone calls. Perhaps he has PCS'd or retired completely?

What are the rules of engagement for recruiters? Can I shift to a different NRD or do I have to stay with the office geographically assigned to my location?

Is there someone else in the office you can contact? I would try that first before moving to a different NRD. Or, you could see if another NRD can find someone else at your initial NRD to reach out to. I never had to change districts, but my sense is that this is possible.

Hey all! This forum is amazing. A question for anyone who may have been through the process: what's the absolute latest you think I could start the process and still submit on time? I'm moving soon and probably won't be able to speak to a recruiter in my new location until mid-August at the earliest; should I just aim for FY 18 instead?

As ever, the answer is, "it depends." I think that is a tight - but not necessarily impossible - timeline. For reference, I got in touch with a recruiter around March or April, and submitted everything by late November. So it took a good chunk of the year, even though I'd generally had my letters of rec and medical in order from an old OCS application. How fast can you pull LORs together? Do you have any medical issues that might require a waiver? Rhetorical questions, but something to consider. Best bet is to reach out to a recruiter in your new place ASAP and see what he or she says. Since much of the app can be completed online, you can always reach out to that NRD now to get the ball rolling.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply

Magnum, I was able to change recruiting districts in the middle of the process. I just had to put it in writing and physically go to my current OR office and ask the processor to transfer my docs to the new NRD (needed to provide new OR name and some other data). It wasn't a difficult process. Resulted in me getting selected for Supply :)

ABMD

A lot of that depends on how fast people turn around their LOR's, do you need to do interviews? (getting them scheduled can take some time), tracking down medical records, etc. Took me about 6-7 months to get it all together.

Magnum6

Magnum, I was able to change recruiting districts in the middle of the process. I just had to put it in writing and physically go to my current OR office and ask the processor to transfer my docs to the new NRD (needed to provide new OR name and some other data). It wasn't a difficult process. Resulted in me getting selected for Supply :)
Thanks for the info - and congrats on the selection.

Follow up question for you or anyone else that may know - does the NRD drive what billet you can land in? For example, if wanted to be in a unit in the Tampa area, do I need to be working with NRD Miami?

ABMD

Magnum, I'm just starting down this road, but my recruiter asked me where I wanted to drill and is trying to get me in at the closest NOSC. For Supply I'll be spending the first 2 years in training and won't be hard billeted until Supply Corp school is completed.

I am in the process of reapplying, again, out of the DC area. Applying for IW/IP
My stats are

Currently work for the gov doing red teaming (computer exploitation)
20 years of IT/Security experience

Prior service Navy IT2

BS IT/IT Security (2.7 GPA - Low)
MS IT (3.65 GPA)
Graduate certificate in Cyber Security

A ton of IT certs: MCSE x2, OSCP, Security+, GCIH, Redhat Admin, VMware Professional, CEH

I volunteer as a scout den leader for my sons pack and coach hockey.

I hope all of this will help me get in, despite having a low GPA for my BS.

Intel_DCO

Hello all. I'm new here and am applying for the next IWC DCO (reserve intel-1835) board. Anyone know how to find out exactly when this board is being held (January 2017?) and the deadline to submit the package? The information on public Navy websites is not clear or this info is just not available.

Also, do most folks rely on their recruiters to set up all the necessary interviews or try to do it themselves (and, if so, exactly how would one do that?)? Finally, how many interviews are required?

This is a great site by the way. Lots of good info.

ABMD

Welcome Intel_DCO

An officer recruiter (different than the enlisted recruiters) will be able to answer all your questions. They also organize and schedule interviews and paperwork. I applied for Supply and it required 2 officer interviews, assuming Intel is the same.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Anyone know how to find out exactly when this board is being held (January 2017?) and the deadline to submit the package?
First hit's free: The IWC (INTEL, CW, METOC, IP) DCO board is once a year, and FY-16 was in January, so reasonably expect January 2017 to be the time frame. Kits are normally due to the processor one month in advance, but don't wait that late. You want time in case you have to make corrections, or track down additional documentation. Program Authorization 108A is the official guidance for requirements and such. Google away.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I am hoping to get in on this board. I have just initiated contact with my recruiter however I have most of the required documentation.