• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

Magnum6

Have you used the search function? a search of "board dates" reveals the document with the dates, and that date is Jan 16th, if you want to be at this board you should have all your stuff done by Dec 1st.

Your OR should have told you all applicable dates, if he didn't I would ask why he didn't, that is like telling a person the ship is leaving Tuesday but not telling them what time to be on the ship.

Yes, I have used the search function and I see no references to FY17 dates. Jan 16th was the convene date for the FY16 board. If you have hard info you can share, that would be appreciated.

I have an O-8 from the community conducting an interview and he asked for the convene date. The OR can't seem to track down a document confirming the date and he's a soup sandwich. So, if anyone can actually point me to a document with dates, that would be helpful.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, I have used the search function and I see no references to FY17 dates. Jan 16th was the convene date for the FY16 board. If you have hard info you can share, that would be appreciated.

I have an O-8 from the community conducting an interview and he asked for the convene date. The OR can't seem to track down a document confirming the date and he's a soup sandwich. So, if anyone can actually point me to a document with dates, that would be helpful.

The document from NRC is usually just an excel document and it should only be used as a guide, the community does the board when NRC sends them the applications.

Jan 16 was NOT the convene date for FY 16 board as Jan 16th was a Saturday, Jan 16th 2017 is a Monday which is nearly always the start date for a board, look for the thread marked FY17 OCS board schedule, it has DCO schedules as well on it.

The board dates for FY16 and FY17 will overlap on the same sheet, just like when the next sheet comes out it will have FY17 and FY18

Magnum6

The document from NRC is usually just an excel document and it should only be used as a guide, the community does the board when NRC sends them the applications.

Jan 16 was NOT the convene date for FY 16 board as Jan 16th was a Saturday, Jan 16th 2017 is a Monday which is nearly always the start date for a board, look for the thread marked FY17 OCS board schedule, it has DCO schedules as well on it.

The board dates for FY16 and FY17 will overlap on the same sheet, just like when the next sheet comes out it will have FY17 and FY18

All right, now we're cooking. Thanks for the assist - and I stand corrected on the date.

For anyone else who may step through this carnage and need the same document, here you go:

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?attachments/fy17-board-schedule-encl-4-xlsx.16101/

kahmon

Greetings,
Long time lurker. Thanks for the great gouge on DCO.

I'm a late entry at an attempt for the FY 2017 board for Intel and CW and have missed the local interview panel up here in NY (by a couple of weeks!).

My persistent nature won't let me sit by and wait another 14 months for the next board. Tough to accept that with 2 months to go, I cant make something happen. So...

I am often in the DC area on work travel and was hoping somebody here could assist me with a contact to potentially set up some interviews in the Intel/CW community.

My recruiter is also making some calls and I've got some personal calls out as well. I figured AW might be a good shot as well. I could use any assistance on getting these interviews in either communities setup to complete my package. The rest of my app package is all lining up (including MEPS!).

If anybody can assist in the DC or NY area, please PM me.

Thank you in advance, and best of luck to all applicants.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Greetings,

I'm a late entry at an attempt for the FY 2017 board for Intel and CW and have missed the local interview panel up here in NY (by a couple of weeks!).

My persistent nature won't let me sit by and wait another 14 months for the next board. Tough to accept that with 2 months to go, I cant make something happen. So...

<snippped/>

You're the second person this week, with this issue. Although the other person is an OR who goofed on setting up interviews for his applicants, but that's a whole different storyline.

You are definitely cutting it (danger) close. I'd say work with your OR to connect with the command at NIOC-MD. They sit at Ft. Meade. Hopefully, two or three senior officers would be willing to meet with you to help knock them out. I'm not saying it's your OR's job to think outside the box, but I pulled this out of my hat before breakfast/coffee...

PM me if you can't get traction from your OR.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Ask your OR. But without an OIC endorsement letter (which is different from the interview appraisals), I'm skeptical.

exNavyOffRec

Greetings,

I am often in the DC area on work travel and was hoping somebody here could assist me with a contact to potentially set up some interviews in the Intel/CW community.

My recruiter is also making some calls and I've got some personal calls out as well. I figured AW might be a good shot as well. I could use any assistance on getting these interviews in either communities setup to complete my package. The rest of my app package is all lining up (including MEPS!).

You need that OIC endorsement, that might be the part that is the show stopper.

TahoeDiver

I only have one thing pending for my package, but it's a big one: MEPS physical

I've been trying to get to MEPS for the better part of six months. I'm not sure what the holdup is, and I'm bugging my poor OR like crazy, but it's just not happening. They aren't asking me for anymore paperwork or medical records. I'm just stuck for some reason. I've been hearing 'should be able to get a date soon' for a loooong time now so losing confidence that I'm going to get 'unstuck' anytime soon. I saw on some previous posts that there may be a way to get a physical done by civilian doctors and submit that rather than going through MEPS? Does anyone have experience with that or know where I can find info on that process? I'm really concerned that I'm not going to get a MEPS date prior to the cut-off for board packages.

usmctonavy

This is my 2nd go around-First time was trying to go AD, ~2013/2014 time frame. Figured I'd give Reserves a shot. Only issue I have been running into has been the processors. They stay silent until you ask for an update and then they need like 3-5 new items that were apparently left off. That has happened about 5-6 times. It worries me because had I not requested a status update, would they have told me? Anyway-how does one know if they get my package to board and if they haven't jacked up my package? The processor seems inept.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This is my 2nd go around-First time was trying to go AD, ~2013/2014 time frame. Figured I'd give Reserves a shot. Only issue I have been running into has been the processors. They stay silent until you ask for an update and then they need like 3-5 new items that were apparently left off. That has happened about 5-6 times. It worries me because had I not requested a status update, would they have told me? Anyway-how does one know if they get my package to board and if they haven't jacked up my package? The processor seems inept.

Where's your recruiter in the process? You should be getting updates from them, not the processor.

usmctonavy

Where's your recruiter in the process? You should be getting updates from them, not the processor.
Funny story-
Had a great Senior Chief I was working with and they rotated as my package was going to processor. I guess I was reassigned but whom ever I am working with now doesn't get back to me too often and neither does the processor. In fact I just revived conflicting information a moment ago-asked yesterday if they got my Masters Transcripts and was told they did then today they told me they had not seen anything. What a PITA.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I only have one thing pending for my package, but it's a big one: MEPS physical

I've been trying to get to MEPS for the better part of six months. I'm not sure what the holdup is, and I'm bugging my poor OR like crazy, but it's just not happening. They aren't asking me for anymore paperwork or medical records. I'm just stuck for some reason. I've been hearing 'should be able to get a date soon' for a loooong time now so losing confidence that I'm going to get 'unstuck' anytime soon. I saw on some previous posts that there may be a way to get a physical done by civilian doctors and submit that rather than going through MEPS? Does anyone have experience with that or know where I can find info on that process? I'm really concerned that I'm not going to get a MEPS date prior to the cut-off for board packages.

Are you anywhere near the Mid-Atlantic? I avoided MEPS and was able to go to Bethesda and see the Navy docs there. That had its own challenges, but was pretty straight forward.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Funny story-
Had a great Senior Chief I was working with and they rotated as my package was going to processor. I guess I was reassigned but whom ever I am working with now doesn't get back to me too often and neither does the processor. In fact I just revived conflicting information a moment ago-asked yesterday if they got my Masters Transcripts and was told they did then today they told me they had not seen anything. What a PITA.

I would call the recruiters office and find out if they are in, then show up for a face to face. When I had transferred from one NRD to another that's what I had to do. I sat in their office until all my documents were transferred to my new OR.