• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Yes, it's January. This board won't be canceled - short of a sudden shooting war with a near peer, natural disaster in Millington, or total NIPRnet shutdown. They just loosen or tighten the aperture of talent/criteria, depending on how many billets they need to fill in a given FY.

Magnum6

Yes, it's January. This board won't be canceled - short of a sudden shooting war with a near peer, natural disaster in Millington, or total NIPRnet shutdown. They just loosen or tighten the aperture of talent/criteria, depending on how many billets they need to fill in a given FY.

Tracking that it's in January. Have the recommended NRD due date, NRC application due date, and convene date been published anywhere yet?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My date and your date may not be the same. We probably aren't in the same NRD, anyway. The only date that matters for you is the one your OR tells you.

Magnum6

Hmm. While I generally avoid engaging with people who feel compelled to engage in stump the chump, do I understand correctly that your NRD gets its own special versions of COMNAVCRUITCOM notices?

Or, is the answer to my original question still, no, you haven't seen the published dates?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Tracking that it's in January. Have the recommended NRD due date, NRC application due date, and convene date been published anywhere yet?
Do a hard search on the forum. Someone posted dates a few months ago. I've quoted it a number of times.

Magnum6

Do a hard search on the forum. Someone posted dates a few months ago. I've quoted it a number of times.

Ah, my young ensign, you seem to be in error. Your most recent quote on these boards related to FY17 DCO dates was on 23AUG16 as follows:

"First hit's free: The IWC (INTEL, CW, METOC, IP) DCO board is once a year, and FY-16 was in January, so reasonably expect January 2017 to be the time frame."

So, you too have not seen published dates. It's a simple question - one that only requires a yes/no response. Sorry, I have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Ah, my young ensign, you seem to be in error. Your most recent quote on these boards related to FY17 DCO dates was on 23AUG16 as follows:

"First hit's free: The IWC (INTEL, CW, METOC, IP) DCO board is once a year, and FY-16 was in January, so reasonably expect January 2017 to be the time frame."

So, you too have not seen published dates. It's a simple question - one that only requires a yes/no response. Sorry, I have a low tolerance for bullshit.
A) Be respectful.
B) Here's why you should consult your OR, not a piece of paper: https://goo.gl/images/vUDAKv
C) If you don't get it, think more.

Magnum6

A) Be respectful.
B) Here's why you should consult your OR, not a piece of paper: https://goo.gl/images/vUDAKv
C) If you don't get it, think more.

Sorry, dude, but after 5 years in company command in combat arms with multiple trips to Iraq and Afghanistan I have less than an inch of tolerance for staff officers who would rather tell me how to build a watch when all I need to know what time it is.

Simple question - you've seen the dates or you haven't. Your answer is you haven't. Full stop. If you don't get it - go back to your desk.

exNavyOffRec

Sorry, dude, but after 5 years in company command in combat arms with multiple trips to Iraq and Afghanistan I have less than an inch of tolerance for staff officers who would rather tell me how to build a watch when all I need to know what time it is.

Simple question - you've seen the dates or you haven't. Your answer is you haven't. Full stop. If you don't get it - go back to your desk.

Have you used the search function? a search of "board dates" reveals the document with the dates, and that date is Jan 16th, if you want to be at this board you should have all your stuff done by Dec 1st.

Your OR should have told you all applicable dates, if he didn't I would ask why he didn't, that is like telling a person the ship is leaving Tuesday but not telling them what time to be on the ship.