• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

bb1787

I remember the message hit the NPC homepage without hitting the FY10 NAVADMINs page on NPC or even hitting command level message traffic within my airwing. My LPO saw it and showed it to my LCPO, who called the CMC, who notified the skipper and everything came back down from there. I took my copy of the message my skipper gave me to the squadron next door and started the process over for them.

NatBull

Nothing like an 18 hour day to make not getting results that much more miserable. Grrrr! Anything worth looking at on the internet?

NatBull

OMG that was hilarious. my Chief thought so too. Thanks. Knock Knock whos there? I am going to start saying I know to everything for the rest of the day.

Soup84

Prior AM2, FY-12 Pilot Select, Commissioned Dec 12
Is there going to be someone monitoring message traffic through the weekend?

Hi Depalma!!!!!!!!!!

ansley

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm bummed that results didn't come out last week, so hopefully this week we'll know something! Results have come out on a Sunday before so I imagine it's going to pick up again tomorrow. Anyone watching hi side traffic on Sunday? ... Of course FY11 would get stuck with the first October in 823 years to have FIVE weekends! ugh. Torture.

STS2_Traku

Well.. I think my fears have been confirmed. I was just told yesterday that my SRB was approved... And I know that they put SRB requests on hold until results are available... So either they screwed up, or I didn't make it this year. Oh well. There will always be OCS after next year.

istdercollen

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm bummed that results didn't come out last week, so hopefully this week we'll know something! Results have come out on a Sunday before so I imagine it's going to pick up again tomorrow. Anyone watching hi side traffic on Sunday? ... Of course FY11 would get stuck with the first October in 823 years to have FIVE weekends! ugh. Torture.

October has 5 Sat/Sun rotations almost every 11 years. The 823 years thing is a big "how dumb is the internet" joke. 11 years is the closest approximation. Sometimes it takes 22 years. 2043 will not be a five weekend October, but 2021, 2032, 2054, 2065, 2076, etc will all have a 5 weekend OCT.

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
Well.. I think my fears have been confirmed. I was just told yesterday that my SRB was approved... And I know that they put SRB requests on hold until results are available... So either they screwed up, or I didn't make it this year. Oh well. There will always be OCS after next year.

I wouldn't read too much into this. I've been in the Navy 10 years, re-enlisted for SRB 3 times, and I've never seen the Navy be that proactive about bonus approvals. Chances are it has more to do with it being a new fiscal year.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
STS2_Traku said:
I was just told yesterday that my SRB was approved... And I know that they put SRB requests on hold until results are available... So either they screwed up, or I didn't make it this year.

Good chance they screwed it up. I got mine and was picked up a few weeks later. Still paying that one back. :D

advantix00

srb's get put on hold too when they are waiting for budget approval, since it got approved then that means budget approval has gone through which means hopefully the results will be revealed soon since they are held untill budget approval too.

Navnuke

SRB's yes. STA no. That is why no one got bonuses or their pay increase in January 2008, because Bush was dicking around until the 28th to sign it. One guy up here transferred and was supposed to re-enlist for orders, but because there was no bonus until that bill was signed, he transferred but never re-enlisted. They found out 8 months after and tried to get him to re-enlist, but he would have been gyped out of 8 months of bonus and have to extend for 8 more months, so he finished his 3 months and got out and is now enjoying his GI Bill at college. If you look, the results came out on 10/10/08, but the bill wasn't signed until 10/14/08. THE BILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESULTS COMING OUT, SO STOP SAYING THEY DO!
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-s3001/show