• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

Navnuke

Actually it wasn't the intel community that put that out. It was the CO from NIOC San Diego. That would be CTs. In addition, they were on the board and they were simply putting out a lessons learned as to help applicants for FY12. That happens every year across the Navy for every community. The truly amazing part is that you would be so condescending and negative when they were simply trying to help. I would rather somebody tell me the truth as to improve my chances than keep it to themselves. Maybe that is just me though.

Not being condescending, just found a little humor in that. And seriously, how is knowing the quotas going to improve your chances? You are either picked up or your not. It's a 50/50 shot. There may be 100 spots open, or 2 spots open. Knowing numbers doesn't improve your chances, it just gets your hopes up so when you don't get picked up, you now know that there were at least 100 more people that were better than you. You won't even know if you were that 101st person either because there's no rankings with these numbers and it's a pipedream if you think otherwise. I'm actually gonna laugh when the results come out and none of the numbers match up with the powerpoint and people are going to be like, "Damn, that's not what the powerpoint said!"

Tori

I would rather they have waited until after the results, but I will never let it be for somebody to say that our military is f***ed due to intel when you couldn't take the time to verify the source of the information. That is just me acting protective over my community. I also have a feeling that the CO didn't mean for that information to get put out to the masses, but things slip through all time since people are so eager for information.

Navnuke

I would rather they have waited until after the results, but I will never let it be for somebody to say that our military is f***ed due to intel when you couldn't take the time to verify the source of the information. That is just me acting protective over my community. I also have a feeling that the CO didn't mean for that information to get put out to the masses, but things slip through all time since people are so eager for information.

CT's or IW's, who cares? They both deal with undisclosed information that was leaked onto the internet. How are you NOT seeing the problem in this??? Take a look at the STA-21 Board preceps letter and you will see that none of this information (quotas, or lessons learned) are to be discussed until after the results come out. So what I'm saying is someone has a big mouth that can't keep a secret, so if they can't handle STA-21 information, what's to say they won't splurge other pertinent information on the internet further down the road? Do you see my point now? I'm not rate-knocking anyone, just pointing out the facts.

jriggs11784

MY BAD, MY BAD DUDES~!

My mistake, they were late last year. November 12th, NOT October 12th. Guess I should have read the month.

Eblack904

I am monitoring high side message traffic. every time i hear the boop noise i switch over. nothing!! no good messages this morning really, just local stuff.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
...And seriously, how is knowing the quotas going to improve your chances? You are either picked up or your not. It's a 50/50 shot. There may be 100 spots open, or 2 spots open. Knowing numbers doesn't improve your chances, it just gets your hopes up so when you don't get picked up...

Okay, lets do a little lesson on probablities....
100/100 = 100%
0/100 = 0%

the quotas have a direct impact on getting selected. As described above if there are 100 people selected out of 100 applicants then you know you got selected therfore you can cheer. Alternatively, if no one got selected then you know you are sh!t out of luck. Also, if you know the qoutas you can guage your chances of getting selected based on a little research. I do agree that knowing the quotas has no impact on selection, but the numbers do impact the selection process, therefore it is information we can all use.

Bandit X

CT's or IW's, who cares? They both deal with undisclosed information that was leaked onto the internet. How are you NOT seeing the problem in this??? Take a look at the STA-21 Board preceps letter and you will see that none of this information (quotas, or lessons learned) are to be discussed until after the results come out. So what I'm saying is someone has a big mouth that can't keep a secret, so if they can't handle STA-21 information, what's to say they won't splurge other pertinent information on the internet further down the road? Do you see my point now? I'm not rate-knocking anyone, just pointing out the facts.

Concur, had the same complaint here. Irony at it's finest. After checking the author in the properties of the ppt file, the name matches the first name of the NIOC SD CO. As much as I hate to think so, the numbers probably are going to be accurate.

Navnuke

Okay, lets do a little lesson on probablities....
100/100 = 100%
0/100 = 0%

the quotas have a direct impact on getting selected. As described above if there are 100 people selected out of 100 applicants then you know you got selected therfore you can cheer. Alternatively, if no one got selected then you know you are sh!t out of luck. Also, if you know the qoutas you can guage your chances of getting selected based on a little research. I do agree that knowing the quotas has no impact on selection, but the numbers do impact the selection process, therefore it is information we can all use.

The only thing the numbers are useful for is determining what target you should apply for next year. I agree that if it said there were 100 selected and 100 applied, then good on you for making it. But for most of us, that isn't the case. The 2 spots available with 57 applications doesn't increase your chances. Nothing increases your chances except knowing that you are shit-hot and finding out you applied for a target with more spots available than applicants. True, the odds may be better, but that doesn't make them your odds, and like I said, it's a pipedream if you think otherwise. When the results come out and you don't get picked up, tell me then how are the numbers relevant other than knowing how many more people were better than you?