• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

WeatherGoddess

FML. JUST found out that my security clearance request was for a Secret and not a Top Secret! I went up to my admin to check its status and the E8 that acts as our security O said I was good to go! I looked at her like she was crazy and said "that's impossible! It takes atleast 6 months, and I haven't even done my interview"... and she goes "they don't interview for a secret, so you're good!". I applied for OCEANO, which requires a TS... which is what I asked her to put me in for back in June!!! I had proof that an investigation had been started, but if you check the code on that encl. it's for a secret, and not a TS. (I would have never known the difference had I not looked it up) I don't know how indepth the board members look, but I'm pretty sure they use a fine tooth comb!!! Looks like I might me that 11th applicant that wasn't qualified. I know I shouldn't blame my admin, but I want to! Guess we'll all find out sometime this week... this feels like the calm before the storm...

That really sucks! I take it you aren't already in the METOC community then?

Tori

I am hopeful, but I don't think that there will be anything until Friday. Thursday if we are lucky...

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Guys, I sent an email to PNSC last week, and got this reply in my email this morning...

We did not send anything out concerning this board. We are restricted from sending any info until the NAVADMIN is released. We anticipate release date by next week. Upon release, all statistical slides will be updated in the Fleet Briefs. If your application had no comments, it would have gone before the board.

Mike Paros

Take it as you wish....

I'm off to DC for the day, so happy browsing to all. I hope to see good news when I get home this evening for all of you.

CP

chk13

I want to get my hopes up from your email Price, but I dont think that ppt was made by Mike and those guys. I think it was made by that particular (i think it was intel) community from the board. I dont want to say they did anything wrong, but I think they put it out to their community a little premature and of course nothing stays where it is suppose to stay. That is my best guess. hope i am wrong because I would like to see the numbers from last year vs what the ppt said.

jriggs11784

So in conclusion...some of us hope the powerpoint is true(me), and some of us don't. I love all the speculation! Sure does take up time while we wait!

istdercollen

I had the same guy tell me that my package went to the board even though there were "comments" at the bottom of my application on STA-21's website. It stated that I had an Aircrew School certificate in my package that was not reflected in the CO's recommendation. So it seems like he's saying two different things to different people.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
I had the same guy tell me that my package went to the board even though there were "comments" at the bottom of my application on STA-21's website. It stated that I had an Aircrew School certificate in my package that was not reflected in the CO's recommendation. So it seems like he's saying two different things to different people.

What he is saying is they would have said in the comments that ur package is dq'd for whatever reason. They still put comments in there for other errors that are not dq'ing bc you have an opportunity to fix certain things prior to the board.

ansley

no, I'm not in the METOC community. I'm an avionics tech in an F 18 squadron...so I already have a secret clearance...but I don't think that really matters at this point. I'm hoping the board missed it...but that's highly doubtful :( maybe we'll all hear something soon!

istdercollen

What he is saying is they would have said in the comments that ur package is dq'd for whatever reason. They still put comments in there for other errors that are not dq'ing bc you have an opportunity to fix certain things prior to the board.

Roger that. Makes more sense now. I probably just started reading too fast when I saw that the first time.

Navnuke

Irony

Does anyone else find it ironic that the Powerpoint was made for/by someone in the Intel community? So much for keeping secrets. God forbid you actually got ahold of secret information if you get picked up, our military would be f***ed!

Tori

Does anyone else find it ironic that the Powerpoint was made for/by someone in the Intel community? So much for keeping secrets. God forbid you actually got ahold of secret information if you get picked up, our military would be f***ed!

Actually it wasn't the intel community that put that out. It was the CO from NIOC San Diego. That would be CTs. In addition, they were on the board and they were simply putting out a lessons learned as to help applicants for FY12. That happens every year across the Navy for every community. The truly amazing part is that you would be so condescending and negative when they were simply trying to help. I would rather somebody tell me the truth as to improve my chances than keep it to themselves. Maybe that is just me though.

kekio86

Actually it wasn't the intel community that put that out. It was the CO from NIOC San Diego. That would be CTs. In addition, they were on the board and they were simply putting out a lessons learned as to help applicants for FY12. That happens every year across the Navy for every community. The truly amazing part is that you would be so condescending and negative when they were simply trying to help. I would rather somebody tell me the truth as to improve my chances than keep it to themselves. Maybe that is just me though.

I agree with NAVNUKE on this one. They should of just waited until the NAVADMIN msg came out to do the "lessons learned" if thats the case. Just my 2 cents. :)