• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-09 STA-21 Orders Received?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
If you guys are still pending NOMI review call them and let them know how long you have been waiting and that you want to check the status of your package. Mine was at NOMI for like 2 weeks and it got done. Something is wrong if they have had your physical for that long. Good luck and have a good holiday season.

Good idea. I called yesterday to check and NOMI verified they have had my physical for almost 3 weeks but were missing a document so it was put in the incomplete stack. After the guy went and checked the other room they found the "missing" document and as of this morning my status says qualified. Now waiting for my age waiver to come back approved. If it's not one thing it's the other. I love it!!!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
got orders in hand this morning, now to start reenlistment paperwork....and so it begins

P-3RIV

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I am headed to Auburn and will be at NSI only in Feb also. What major are you shooting for? I'm hopeing to finish a Mech Engineering degree by 2011.

Still Waiting on NOMI though!!! 45 days at NOMI and counting

Yeah, i am doing Mech Eng as well. I have little college to begin with though, so i will be using my full 3 years. Have you been in touch with the guys at auburn?

SubmarineWife

We have orders to NSI and NCSU! Requested on 11 Dec and received via BOL 17 Dec. Great turn around! I have arranged our move and my husband has put in his reenlistment paperwork. What a nice thing to have before Holiday Stand-down! :)

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well talked to Ed today and he said he requested my orders on the 19th so here is hoping to see them in the next week or so. Gonna suck with holiday stand down. Oh well as long as I seem them by the 5th of Jan I will be alright. Happy holidays and Boomer Sooner!!

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
SDSU Question for AmericanRiver

AmericanRiver,

I was an alternate ans was told last Thursday that I was selected for CORE. I have an application in at SDSU and have been working with Susan Neiman but still have not gotten an acceptance letter. My questions are, 1. what all did you have to get to her for your acceptance, i have already done the application and gotten all of my transcripts to her already. and 2. can you recommend someone to talk to about getting my course plan together? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. :icon_mi_1

RCL813

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
AmericanRiver,

I was an alternate ans was told last Thursday that I was selected for CORE. I have an application in at SDSU and have been working with Susan Neiman but still have not gotten an acceptance letter. My questions are, 1. what all did you have to get to her for your acceptance, i have already done the application and gotten all of my transcripts to her already. and 2. can you recommend someone to talk to about getting my course plan together? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. :icon_mi_1

RCL813
email sent

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Finally!! I just got off the phone with the people at BUPERS. They told me I should see my orders on BOL tomorrow. Got sent in on the 19th and will have them after 11 days during holiday stand down. I will never have a bad word for BUPERS. I hope everyone else is getting their paperwork done. Good luck and Happy New Years!!

AC1 FlyAlot

Orders info you might want...

For you SNA/NFO types still waiting word from NOMI, like I was until this morning, here's some information that if you don't already have, might help you in obtaining orders or medical package information a little faster than just sitting and waiting. I've come to learn through this process that sometimes you need to ask, ask and ask until you get what you want so here goes nothing...
After calling NOMI for about four weeks I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Mr. Garmeson this morning. I simply explained to him that I was a STA-21 Pilot select and have been waiting for over a month on word from NOMI in regards to my medical status. He was very nice and patient. He looked up my information and didn't seem to have it. He asked me for my e-mail address and within 5 minutes, he sent me an e-mail stating that I was "physically qualified and aeronautically adapted for duty involving actual control of aircraft...blah blah blah." It seemed to me that this whole NOMI review process only takes a minute or two. I then called Mr. Straten who said my orders should be requested this afternoon. It seems to me that these packages, if not followed up on, fall into a black hole. I encourage everyone still waiting to call and figure it out on your own. If you want Mr. Garmeson's information, PM me and I'll provide you with it.

Not impatient here - just tired of waiting =)

aircrew1221

We are still waiting on NOMI. There are a few things that have to be reviewed so Luckily my Husbands flight surgeon will be in Pensacola on monday and is going to go in there personally. Hopefully by next week he will be Physically Qualified and will have our orders requested.
It's now a waiting game!!

SkywardET

Contrarian
I just called Mr. Garmeson thanks to AC1 and got ahold of him instead of his voicemail. He had turned away my package around the 30th because my PRK operative reports weren't submitted with the rest of the physical results, so I emailed him a scanned copy and found out today that I was approved, qualified, and etc. He said he had notified Mr. Straten and my orders were requested today, and I was able to verify that just now.

Make sure that if you have a waiver for anything that you are following up independantly with your package.

AC1 FlyAlot

Credit to crbnsooner

Thanks a bunch to crbnsooner for all the legwork and getting all the phone numbers we needed to keep up with this fiasco.

Also - any Sooners need sponsors? I talked with LT Kennedy yesterday and he can hook you up with STA-21 OC's if you have any questions. Just let me know and I'll pass it along to him...

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I now have my orders, such a relief! My NOMI stuff stuff is/has been good for a couple weeks now. I still haven't been assigned to a ROTC unit or school but my orders are on BOL. Weird! This is because I'm still waiting for my age waiver to be officially approved.