• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Weapons

BlackDog421

Life's a garden. Dig it.
While I love Man vs. Wild, how many episodes can they make? Once he survives in extremely hot, extremely cold, dry, wet, volcanic environments, how many places are there for him to go?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What would be more entertaining would be to see what he would do to someone who called him a tool to his face.

Just because someone is a SEAL doesn't mean they're automatically going to go berzerk if someone calls him out. They're mostly normal guys just like the rest of us. If someone called me a tool, I'd laugh in their face. It's more fun and it keeps me out of the brig. ;)

Brett

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Just because someone is a SEAL doesn't mean they're automatically going to go berzerk if someone calls him out. They're mostly normal guys just like the rest of us. If someone called me a tool, I'd laugh in their face. It's more fun and it keeps me out of the brig. ;)

Brett

Concur, the couple of teams friends that I know are probably some of the most placid people I know.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
While I love Man vs. Wild, how many episodes can they make? Once he survives in extremely hot, extremely cold, dry, wet, volcanic environments, how many places are there for him to go?

He'd probably start using all those Chuck Norris can... jokes as a to-do list

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just because someone is a SEAL doesn't mean they're automatically going to go berzerk if someone calls him out. They're mostly normal guys just like the rest of us......

Ditto .... my friend Jim (we go all the way back to CUBI when he was a baby SEAL and I was a baby AIRDALE) who retired (but they don't "really" ever retire as long as they want to stay in and are capable of staying "in the game") from the teams as a MCPO is probably one of the calmest, most thoughtful, stable individuals you would ever come across ... and he's a nationally known expert on the long gun and it's care and feeding.

.... just don't EVER get in the crosshairs of his Mk4 Leupold ... you'll be sorry. :)

mk439x36mrtm3hr4.jpg

Rossi

Don't know if anyone has seen or noticed this, but yesterday i watched part of the new future weapons show about the B-2, but the host mentioned he wouldn't be able to fly in it. He said something like, "Even though i was a Navy SEAL sniper, in the Navy SEALs, and love explosives, i am not allowed to fly in the B-2 because it was classified, even for a former Navy SEAL."
The same day I was watching a re-run of Mail Call, and the gunny had a much more detailed segment on the B-2 in which he was actually able to fly in it. Not only was he able to tag along for a ride, but the squadron set up a little red carpet ceremony for him when he landed. The entire aircrew came out, including a general who presented him with a certificate signifying that he was only the 341st person to fly in a B-2, a coin with the spirit of kitty hawk on it, and a patch for his jacket.
Methinks The Gunny > The host of future weapons.

skidz

adrenaline junky
Methinks the chair force either a) likes Marines more than Navy guys, or b) also thinks this Navy SEAL character is a tool and the Gunny is worthy of everything they can spare for him.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know from working with those guys (B-2s) that you need to be read into several TS/SCI/SAP programs to even get close to the jets, let alone go flying. Just being a SEAL (junior enlisted one, at that) doesn't give you a reason to get the clearances. On the other hand, perhaps R Lee told the CO of the 509th Bomber Wing that he would gouge out his eyes and skull-fvck him if he didn't get a ride. :D

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Acronym Classification
------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------
C CONFIDENTIAL: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which
could reasonably be expected to cause damage to the national
security.

S SECRET: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which could
reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to national
security.

TS TOP SECRET: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which
could reasonably be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage
to the national security.

SAP SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAM: Program imposing "need-to-know" or access
controls beyond those normally provided for access to
Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret information.

WNINTEL WARNING NOTICE -INTELLIGENCE SOURCES AND METHODS INVOLVED

SCI SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION: Information bearing special
controls indicating restricted handling within present and future
intelligence collection programs and their end products.

RD RESTRICTED DATA: Information concerning (1) design, manufacture,
or utilization of atomic weapons; (2) the production of special
nuclear material; or (3) the use of special nuclear material in
the production of energy.

FRD FORMERLY RESTRICTED DATA: Information removed from the Restricted
Data category upon joint determination by the Department of Energy
and DOD. For purposes of foreign dissemination, however, such
information is treated in the same manner as Restricted Data.

CNWDI CRITICAL NUCLEAR WEAPON DESIGN INFORMATION: Top Secret Restricted
Data or Secret Restricted Data revealing the theory of operation
or design of the components of a thermonuclear or implosion-type
fission bomb, warhead, demolition munition, or test device.

COMSEC COMMUNICATIONS SECURITY: Information concerning protective
measures taken to deny unauthorized persons information derived
from telecommunications related to national security and to ensure
the authenticity of such communication.

NOFORN NOT RELEASABLE TO FOREIGN NATIONALS