• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Funny Civil Air Patrol Pictures

lmnop

^^ Negative... like HD said, you have to be a contract Pfc. (E-2) and be an honor grad in boot camp to get E-3. something like. 15 semester units gets you a win for E-2. I can't really speak for the Navy, because my recruiting experience is limited to Marines, but I'm still pretty sure you can't attain higher than contract SA (E-2)

You definitely can contract for E-3 in the Navy. I know that the college credit cutoff was 48 credits for a contract as an E-3 and 24 credits for E-2 (circa 1993). From what I've seen, those numbers have not changed.

Zissou

Banned
I had E-2 for being a JROTC geek and got E-3 for not sucking in BootCamp.

But things may have changed since 94.

bb1125

None
When I enlisted in the Navy in 1997, there were a couple of ways to come in as an E-3. One way I remember was with a certain number of college credits, you advanced to E-3 after graduating boot camp. Could have changed since then though.

Orion4life

I'm going to a CAP meeting in about 45 minutes to see about becoming part of an aircrew. I hope that those guys are not as bad as the others, any last minute advice?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Ok, so I guess E-3 is attainable on the navy side... however this is not so for the Marine side, only way is honor grad.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Meridian Air Show......NJROTC female wearing non-stretchable uniform....walking around BAREFOOT! I have never seen so much restraint by officers and enlisted alike for not lighting her up and making her cry. Notice she is winning the popsicle race against her slimmer counterpart!

Attachments

• DSC01275.JPG
    DSC01275.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 555

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
Hearing about all the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds reminds me...Lee Harvey Oswald was a CAP cadet. Snoop Dogg as well (not sure if he got the Mitchell Award or not)

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
^^^ I was going to mention LHO in my post, but I figured I'd let someone else be the bearer of bad news

OldNavy

hahacap2.jpg

I'm the guy in the white circle. No, I'm kidding. My brother does/did CAP.

hahaCAP1.jpg

When the fat kid is done playing Air Force Airman he pretends to be a Ranger and runs, walks rather, around with a fake Garand.

I thought you looked familiar!

full-metal-jacket.jpg

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
Ok, I'm glad I read this thread for two reasons:

1. Because it made me laugh
2. Because I learned about the CAP and am now interested in joining for some community service while I'm at college.

Too bad I'm 20 and am not eligible for their cadet program, I hate getting old. But thank you Airwarriors, is there anything you can't do?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I'm glad I read this thread for two reasons:

1. Because it made me laugh
2. Because I learned about the CAP and am now interested in joining for some community service while I'm at college.

Too bad I'm 20 and am not eligible for their cadet program, I hate getting old. But thank you Airwarriors, is there anything you can't do?

I wouldn't try and look for a date.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Meridian Air Show......NJROTC female wearing non-stretchable uniform....walking around BAREFOOT! I have never seen so much restraint by officers and enlisted alike for not lighting her up and making her cry. Notice she is winning the popsicle race against her slimmer counterpart!

I can't see in the picture that she's barefoot - but that's just ridiculous.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Uhh, I think this is a little overboard w/ the bling . . .

Attachments

• RibbonsandrankandAwards.jpg
    RibbonsandrankandAwards.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 395