• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

Notenoughpower

Ewan, I found that feature, but it operates as a binary, not gradient. Basically, center throttle won't move up or down, but any positive movement is like holding w, and anything negative is like holding s. I'm not sure if that's making sense, but I was hoping to get it to where I can move the throttle to 10%, and onscreen would reflect, and so on. As it is now, it tends toward infinity, unless I center the throttle to stop it.

FlyingGamecock

Ewan, I found that feature, but it operates as a binary, not gradient. Basically, center throttle won't move up or down, but any positive movement is like holding w, and anything negative is like holding s. I'm not sure if that's making sense, but I was hoping to get it to where I can move the throttle to 10%, and onscreen would reflect, and so on. As it is now, it tends toward infinity, unless I center the throttle to stop it.
Yeah that’s just what you’re gonna have to work with I think. There might be a way to make it move on a gradient but I don’t think it will mess you up too bad if you don’t. I practiced with the binary input and thought I did fine on the test. (8 PFAR). You’ll be leagues ahead of normal people if you just practice a bunch with the sticks

Taft27

If you’re going SNFO, I would take the test first without the joysticks and see how you do
Just took it and got a 59 6/7/7. Pretty happy with the results and honestly the joystick and throttle just kinda came a lot more naturally to me. Weirdly enough felt like I did better with the tracking on joystick and throttle once I started having to pay more attention to the headphones.

fighter12

i figured it out. problems with the full screen and the mouse tracking over the command bar and dock. all good. this is fun. i still suck at it though.
Hey man, I just recently downloaded the joystick mapper for my Mac as well. I am having a lot of problems with the deadzones for the X52. What did you do to fix the problem? Thanks in advance

brcarter

Hey man, I just recently downloaded the joystick mapper for my Mac as well. I am having a lot of problems with the deadzones for the X52. What did you do to fix the problem? Thanks in advance
so if you're using Joystick Mapper with Mac for your X52 and playing this simulator, I found that you have to go to Quick Options in the menu bar, and select Minecraft Windowed Fix. That fixed the deadline issue for me

sc0utwright

Coast Guard DCO Reddit WIKI/FB Page in profile.
For reference, I am running a X52 with Antimacro with deadzones set to 6000/32000, on a 27in 1080p curved monitor at 144hz. With a mouse and keyboard, I can keep my scores in the high-50s for both Distance from the Target and Distance from the Throttle. With the X52 I am struggling to get below 120 on a good run. Typically sit in the 130-150 range. The moral of the story, I haven't taken the ASTB yet but if you are relying on Mouse/Keyboard to practice, I would invest in a set of joysticks.

Notenoughpower

So I just got a cheap Logitech stick, and would set the time to 200 seconds, and I prioritized the stick. This is on a Samsung G7 monitor, 1440p, 32". My sim standards for 200 seconds, on hard, were consistently 100-110 for stick, and 240-285 for throttle. On the test I prioritized listening, stick, then throttle. My results were 6/7/6. For the emergency part, for whatever reason I spun the knobs the wrong way, then the right way before I pushed the accept button, so that probably hurt me. The UAV portion I goofed the first 3, but idk if that's calculated into the same category.

umijs

For reference, I am running a X52 with Antimacro with deadzones set to 6000/32000, on a 27in 1080p curved monitor at 144hz. With a mouse and keyboard, I can keep my scores in the high-50s for both Distance from the Target and Distance from the Throttle. With the X52 I am struggling to get below 120 on a good run. Typically sit in the 130-150 range. The moral of the story, I haven't taken the ASTB yet but if you are relying on Mouse/Keyboard to practice, I would invest in a set of joysticks.
What difficulty are you using?

So I just got a cheap Logitech stick, and would set the time to 200 seconds, and I prioritized the stick. This is on a Samsung G7 monitor, 1440p, 32". My sim standards for 200 seconds, on hard, were consistently 100-110 for stick, and 240-285 for throttle. On the test I prioritized listening, stick, then throttle. My results were 6/7/6. For the emergency part, for whatever reason I spun the knobs the wrong way, then the right way before I pushed the accept button, so that probably hurt me. The UAV portion I goofed the first 3, but idk if that's calculated into the same category.
I like this idea of sharing screen size, difficulty, and score. I will report back with my results too

Edit:

X52 with AntiMicroX default settings.
28in 1080p monitor.
Hard settings at 200 seconds.
149 target score and 144 throttle score.

Last edited:
It would really be great if someone who has taken the ASTB could post a configuration file for antimicro that puts the settings such that the Jantzen sim feels as close as possible to the actual test. Someone posted one a few pages back in this thread, but I can't get it to work.

Notenoughpower

It would really be great if someone who has taken the ASTB could post a configuration file for antimicro that puts the settings such that the Jantzen sim feels as close as possible to the actual test. Someone posted one a few pages back in this thread, but I can't get it to work.
I'm sure we could do this, but it varies with monitor size. I have two monitors, and if I put the window on one, it was very different than the other. My sensitivity was pretty darn close, but the big difference for me was the lack of physical resistance on the stick that I took the test on. My stick at home had a very linear resistance to inputs, so it felt logical-more pressure, more movement, on the stick, more movement on screen. The test stick had almost no resistance ramping, and felt really floppy, so that was a big adjustment

sc0utwright

Coast Guard DCO Reddit WIKI/FB Page in profile.
If anyone wants to compete or see how other people are doing in the Jantzen sim. Just add a new sheet at the bottom and post your high scores to the first sheet.

misplacedsock

Hard difficulty
keyboard/mouse setup
Monitor: 20" 1080p
200 seconds
38/40 sound cues
91 target
114 throttle

This is awesome! Thank you very much. I was thrown off at first by the inverted y axis but I figured it out.

I'm studying to take the ASTB-E for the first time this month to go with my STA-21 package. Wish me luck!

umijs

If anyone wants to compete or see how other people are doing in the Jantzen sim. Just add a new sheet at the bottom and post your high scores to the first sheet.
Its set to view only so I can't add my score