• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For you liberals out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaysee

Ok, guys and gals...I do agree that liberals need to realize that they should support the military as we are keeping everyones' lives the way they are, but i think that by passing around a flyer like that won't have them change their minds or think any better of us. A flyer like that just makes us look worse. Not only is it crude language, but the use of the word pussies is also sexist. I would really like it if the military could seem less meat-headed (as some ppl would call us definitely) and more intelligent. If we had a poster that had something intelligent to say about supporting the military, that would be much more appreciated by all.

Also, to E5B's comment about land mines being equal opportunity, it seems like you first, think equal opportunity is a bunch of crap and second, that land mines are acceptable. Land mines are non-discriminatory just as chemical weapons are, but yet one reason we are going into Iraq is to disarm chemical weapons because of the fact that they do not discriminate and can cause harm to civilians, who we try as hard as we can to not harm. Our military is not here to fight for fightings sake, which I think is morally wrong. When we go around saying things like lands mines are equal opportunity, we perpetuate this idea that those of us in the military just love the violence of the military. If our country doesn't think chemical weapons are acceptable, neither should we support land mines. Those are my two cents, thanks for reading to whoever reads.

ghost_ttu

Please refer to Drew Carry's speech about fighter pilots. I prefer the agressive kill kill my way or no way type of pilot, versus some politically correct idiot that has to consider whether dropping ordnance is correct or not.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

jaerose

Okay, after reviewing all of the posts on this topic I thought I might as well open my big mouth, too.

Let me begin by stating that I am a Republican, but I consider myself a liberal Republican because am more towards the center of arguments than towards the extremes. Also, it is my opinion that extremists exist in every political party and they are obviously bad. People on either side can agree to this point. They do and say stupid things and their arguments are inherently flawed. It's the same as religious radicalism. Political and religious radicals make a bad name for the religion, or party that they 'represent.'

Okay, now that I've said that we can move on to talk about human nature and how neither party has perfect candidates. Everyone's talking about draft dodging and Presidential scandals belonging to the opposite party, but then throwing out heroism on behalf of their party. Well, maybe Mr. Cheney didn't fight in Vietnam and Mr. Bush was National Guard and had substance abuse issues when he was younger...of course Mr. Clinton was a pot-smoking draft dodger and Mr. Gore was a JOURNALIST in Vietnam. Clinton couldn't even hook up with an intern correctly, then lied about it afterwards and Gore was hardly throwing himself in the way of danger when he enlisted.

As far as Kennedy goes, I think he did some good things and was very heroic in his actions during WWII, but he didn't run his PT aground during an ambush...he mistakenly ran up to a Japanese ship that deliberately cut the PT in half. http://www.numa.net/exped/pt109/rpt.html
We also know about his weakness and addiction with sex...his 'seven year itch.' His brother Bobby had the same problem, then Teddy...who's still in office...is still an alcoholic and killed a woman with his car and covered it up. Let's not forget about the first Gulf War, which was lead by Mr. Bush number 1. Hardly a lack of military experience there. He was a WWII Naval Aviator, which is pretty fascinating if you ask me. But...there's also the Nixon issues...but we won't get into those.

So...to make a long story, well, not quite so long, we could go round and round arguing about which party has the most scandals, screw-ups and problems, then fight over which party serves their country better and has more war experiences, but we wouldn't get anywhere. Why? Because of human nature. Humans are flawed by nature. We all have made, are making and will make more mistakes. To err is human. None of us is perfect, nor will we ever be perfect. It's not about which party is better. It's about what the leaders of our great country at the time do while they have been given the PRIVELIGE to serve. Regardless of whether the majority is Republican, or Democrat, we must do our duty and defend our great nation...all the while praying that whomever leads us make wise decisions in times of peace and of struggle. I pray that peace finds us swiftly...God Bless!

Your favorite left-wing conservative,
JR

kimphil

Webmaster,

Please put us out of our misery and close this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

jason12

I like airplanes!

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'll certainly agree with Kimphil on this. What first started off as a JOKE has turned into a little philosophy thread where people now are just spouting out what their political beliefs are and why. This thread doesn't really exist as anything but a forum for users to soapbox how smart they think they are, and a forum to start petty arguments. Let's let this thread drift away, or have it locked altogether, because this thread doesn't do much but piss people off at this point.

I'm not claiming that I'm not guilty of arguing in this thread myself, but I think this thread does need to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.