• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For you liberals out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Where were these protesters when Clinton launched cruise missiles at Iraq? Do you know that Bill Clinton launched more cruise missiles into Iraq in 1998 than the total number of cruise missiles that were used in the Gulf War? Bill Clinton, in 1998, launched more than 450 cruise missiles into Iraq. This is why we ran out of them in Bosnia.

No, Jacques Chirac was not appalled at Clinton's actions, there were no protesters protesting then. There were no protesters protesting what we did in Bosnia, there were no protesters protesting what we did in Haiti.

These protesters we saw this weekend are not protesting anything other than George W. Bush and America. They're protesting a Republican president and conservative Republican power"

just a good quote I saw.

Valion310

I'm definitly printing this one out, I'm sure the art department at my school would love a thousand zappers of this.

Valion310 chuckles ~
batman_125.gif

kimphil

Originally posted by DaVinci
Who would you rather have on your side in a fight?.....a group of inherently "pacifist" and complaining Liberals (in other words a Democrat) or a group of inherently tough minded and disciplined Republicans that can get the job done right?

Todd Foreman -- Charlotte, NC

Tough Republicans? Who are you talking about? Arnold Schwarzenegger? He's going to be in good position to kick butt when he becomes governor of Cali. BTW, all that stuff he does on screen, it's all digital.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
That's why he rode into Jerusalem on an elephant, right?

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

kimphil

Originally posted by esday
That's why he rode into Jerusalem on an elephant, right?

Who? Jesus or Arnold?

kimphil

So is Tom Selleck.

FLMarine

kimphil, You're planning on going into the Marine Corps right? Well, not to disrupt your fun of bashing Bush, but doing so is actually against the uniform code of military justice. If you're planning on being a Marine Officer you better plan on shutting up on bashing and cutting down Bush. Even now you might want to try to show a little professionalism towards your future commander-in-chief. Just a little hint from a current Marine Officer.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Well, I imagine Kimphil is trying to get his kicks out while he's still a civilian, before he's actually bound by the UCMJ. I feel kind of the same way, but my loyalties to my country outweigh my loyalties to my political affiliation enough that I'll be happy to bite my tongue when necessary (not that I haven't made mistakes before, but I'm working on it). However, I would also say that posting an inflammatory poster that could be read as insulting a large portion of current servicemen and veterans (probably a minority, but nonetheless a significant one) shows a pretty huge lack of respect as well. The UCMJ is partly about respect, both for the chain of command and for others who serve. It does not say that servicemen of one party get to take political cheap shots but the other side doesn't. I will also say that President Bush has my respect, if not my vote. Just my $.02.
Semper fi,
Evan

Dave Shutter

I have tons of flaming liberal friends and family back home and as much as they dislike GW, I have yet to hear one admit that they would rather have had Gore in office from Sept. 11 to present.

patbrown08

I guess if you can find one or two Democrats that have the record to back up what they are saying you had better hand your hat on it. I'm sure you wouldn't want to a roll call of who's done what in the military in congress or the senate. But there was a good point made. Clinton: never served, and used the military quite extensively during his term. He also downsized the military, but the military pay was raised quite drastically during his term. I don't think Clinton backed down from too many fights. Not that I was a fan. The Bush has recently talked of lowering the pay raises for the military in order to use the funding elsewhere. There is no doubt that he is for a strong military, maybe just not a well payed, high morale one. The sr. Bush, well I don't think anyone would dare question his military background. Hell he had two things going for him. He was an aviator and he got a ride in a submarine. USS Finback, for you trivia guys and gals. But I digress, the point being that party alignment, liberal vs. conservative, right vs. left, these labels are so often used to lump someone into a category then we choose to like or dislike their policies without even truly understanding the whole picture.

I think I got $.05 in there.

kimphil

Originally posted by FLMarine
kimphil, You're planning on going into the Marine Corps right? Well, not to disrupt your fun of bashing Bush, but doing so is actually against the uniform code of military justice. If you're planning on being a Marine Officer you better plan on shutting up on bashing and cutting down Bush. Even now you might want to try to show a little professionalism towards your future commander-in-chief. Just a little hint from a current Marine Officer.

FLMarine,

Do us all a favor and back off. We're all starting to get along and you come by and want to start trouble. Most of the people who've posted on this thread know my viewpoints. I'd suggest you go back and read my posts before you jump into the fray and render your opinion.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Kimphil has a long history of debating with the moves of the Commander in Cheif....just check out some old forums. :) He and I previously agreed to disagree with one another. He can speak his mind just as any of us can. Soon, thanks to our president and military (not to the chicken sh*t French) so will the Iraqi people, or at least they will have a much better chance to not be killed for having a different point of view. With that being said.....

In my opinion, it is great that people speak their mind, BUT now that we are at war, the time to debate should be postponed, so we can fight under a united front. The anti-war protests have done no good, and will continue to do nothing but waste the efforts and time of the police in the areas where protests occur. But, thats just my opinion.

And yes, I love the poster! God Bless our troops all over the world! Thank you for defending all of our rights to post and speak our minds!

kimphil

Originally posted by megan620
Kimphil has a long history of debating with the moves of the Commander in Chief....just check out some old forums. :) He and I previously agreed to disagree with one another. He can speak his mind just as any of us can. Soon, thanks to our president and military (not to the chicken sh*t French) so will the Iraqi people, or at least they will have a much better chance to not be killed for having a different point of view. With that being said.....

In my opinion, it is great that people speak their mind, BUT now that we are at war, the time to debate should be postponed, so we can fight under a united front. The anti-war protests have done no good, and will continue to do nothing but waste the efforts and time of the police in the areas where protests occur. But, thats just my opinion.

And yes, I love the poster! God Bless our troops all over the world! Thank you for defending all of our rights to post and speak our minds!

The War is just beginning...

I wonder just how "free" the Iraqi people will be in the future. If you look at a couple of "allies" in the region, Saudia Arabia and Egypt, they have the most oppressive governments in the world. If a future Iraq follows that example, its people won't enjoy much more freedom than they have now, in fact, they will probably enjoy less.

I'd like to add that Iraq isn't really a country with a history like Turkey or Iran, its more of a colonial relic from the British Empire. What made Iraq work was dictatorship, and Saddam provided that. Any future ruler might have to exercise the same brutal authority as Saddam to hold Iraq together. So I think its premature to talk about the "liberation" of Iraq.

PS -- No Republicans or Commander-in-Chiefs were harmed in this post, so I hope you're happy.
angel_125.gif

PPS -- I'm glad the military is achieving there objectives with few casualities on either side. If there's anyone you can count on to do the right thing, its our military.

FLMarine

Kimphil, for your information I wasn't trying to start trouble. If you are going to disagree with the president I have no problem with that, just do so in a tactful way. I encourage people to state their viewpoints, even if differs from mine because that right to do so is what makes this country a great place to live in. You are about to enter another world, and in this world you can't be disrespectful towards your superiors. I didn't know it was a prerequisite to read your posts in order to post on this forum; any other prerequisites I need to know about kimphil? From reading your posts in this thread you were being disrespectful towards Bush and that's where I decided to give you a little hint on the do's and don'ts of a Marine Officer. Not from posts three months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.