• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

SlickAg

pilot
One is cheering for a team…the other for a conference…but only during football season (after which most of them will drop out and go to work at Walmart). Perhaps your SEC education is failing you again.

Hint…I‘ll say it again, just so you understand. I don’t care about conferences. I don’t care about the Big 12, Big 10, the Independents, or any other. I simply dislike the vastly over-rated, two good teams SEC. When OU and Texas arrive the power dynamic will change as it has many times before. It is called parity.
Hint: it’s the 21st century now and conferences matter. I know this might challenge your Big 8 education (if you actually went there)...but it’s true.

Also, super amusing that you’re an okie fanboy but are also saying “Texas is back!!”

P.S. the SEC chant is usually reserved for after beating a non-conference opponent. Sadly, the Big 12 was never able to do enough to get a chant going.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Hint: it’s the 21st century now and conferences matter. I know this might challenge your Big 8 education (if you actually went there)...but it’s true.

Also, super amusing that you’re an okie fanboy but are also saying “Texas is back!!”

P.S. the SEC chant is usually reserved for after beating a non-conference opponent. Sadly, the Big 12 was never able to do enough to get a chant going.
I got my master’s at OU - my doctorate came from a school that barely has a basketball team but has a really nice campus. That said, the part I enjoy the most is that none of you SEC types will ever name a team you support…because most of them are perennial losers so you need the conference so you can say “I went to an SEC school, and we’re winners!” I will remain an OU fan even if they have a bad season - it is my team.

But hey, look on the bright side…the SEC will only get better by adding some real competition. As for conferences, I doubt the Big 12, Big 10, and ACC will be around much longer. More like the NEC, SEC, MWC, and WCC when all is said and done.

SlickAg

pilot
I got my master’s at OU - my doctorate came from a school that barely has a basketball team but has a really nice campus. That said, the part I enjoy the most is that none of you SEC types will ever name a team you support…because most of them are perennial losers so you need the conference so you can say “I went to an SEC school, and we’re winners!” I will remain an OU fan even if they have a bad season - it is my team.
You have a master’s from OU and can’t figure out which SEC team I support...that checks. Please see @Treetop Flyer’s above post about okie academics.

Just curious, did you go to any other games besides football for the year you were there?

Also, why is Bama now ranked above OU in the AP poll? I thought only W’s mattered, not the score or the quality? Weird that the people who make a living writing about college football disagree with you.

Last edited:

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
You have a master’s from OU and can’t figure out which SEC team I support...that checks. Please see @Treetop Flyer’s above post about okie academics.

Just curious, did you go to any other games besides football for the year you were there?

Also, why is Bama now ranked above OU in the AP poll? I thought only W’s mattered, not the score or the quality? Weird that the people who make a living writing about college football disagree with you.
1. I was there for two years and my grad student job was with the Student Athlete Department. I went to several games/events as I had students from all sports I worked with (wrestlers were the dumbest, gymnasts the smartest). Better yet, I was there during the Shellenberger era when OU football was pretty much tragic - and I remain a fan.

2. Really…who cares about how the AP jock sniffers vote? People who write about sports are like infantry officers from West Point…bottom of their journalism class. Besides, it has zero bearing on the final selection and the same could be asked why Cincinnati (who nearly lost to Navy) is ranked above Alabama. Here are the facts…if ‘Bama does not win the SEC championship they are out - every one loss (or better) team with a conference championship will get a spot before them. Right now, someone from the Big 10 looks like a lock and maybe even Oregon. I would be super happy with a SEC/Big 10/Big 12/PAC 12 bowl series.

3. I don’t care enough about the SEC or your academic background to do the homework. But I’m certain you are clever enough to know that all my points in #2 are accurate.

SlickAg

pilot
1. I was there for two years and my grad student job was with the Student Athlete Department. I went to several games/events as I had students from all sports I worked with (wrestlers were the dumbest, gymnasts the smartest). Better yet, I was there during the Shellenberger era when OU football was pretty much tragic - and I remain a fan.

2. Really…who cares about how the AP jock sniffers vote? People who write about sports are like infantry officers from West Point…bottom of their journalism class. Besides, it has zero bearing on the final selection and the same could be asked why Cincinnati (who nearly lost to Navy) is ranked above Alabama. Here are the facts…if ‘Bama does not win the SEC championship they are out - every one loss (or better) team with a conference championship will get a spot before them. Right now, someone from the Big 10 looks like a lock and maybe even Oregon. I would be super happy with a SEC/Big 10/Big 12/PAC 12 bowl series.

3. I don’t care enough about the SEC or your academic background to do the homework. But I’m certain you are clever enough to know that all my points in #2 are accurate.
1. So where you did undergrad doesn’t have a team?

2. Your new argument is that no one cares about the AP Poll? JFC. Also, you just said conference championships matter. I thought conferences didn’t matter? So they don’t, but their championships do? And here are the facts: everybody who has a brain and slightly more than a passing interest in college football knows that about Bama. This is nothing new. My big takeaway would be that Cincy is ranked above OU. Of course they’re ahead of Bama, a one loss team. But the writers are saying that OU, with no losses, is worse than a one loss Bama. Ouch.

3. No research required, other than looking at the username of the individual with whom you’re communicating.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
1. No football at undergrad, I was enlisted and did what they used to call “University Without Walls,” my bachelors is a mutt of classes from three or four different schools that had on base programs.

2. You may not like it, but there it is. For some reason people don’t seem to get this. The AP vote for college football is absolutely, positively meaningless. It is like the US News and World Report ranking of colleges - cute but the last reason you need when picking a school. The AP vote has zero play in the BCS selection. It hurts you, I guess, but IF ‘Bama fails to win the SEC championship and any other team from a Power 5 conference wins their conference with only one loss (or none) then ‘Bama is out.

There is still a lot of football but I’d say (judging from where we stand now) the will be
  1. Georgia
  2. Michigan (the Michigan State game should be epic and could change this)
  3. OU
  4. Oregon

I couldn’t even guess who might win but Georgia looks consistently good and have the chops.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
All the SEC trolling aside…what’s up with the Kansas City Chiefs? They don’t look remotely like the group they had last season.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
This explains a lot; you’re about a decade behind. Checks.
Sorry used the old term…should have written CFP…SEC is still overrated and AP polls still have zero to do with the process. Better?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
It’s ok jock sniffer. You’ve embarrassed yourself enough today. Maybe sit the next few plays out.
Well, at least I’m cheering for a team that hasn’t been beat by an unranked opponent. Maybe you should be sitting.