• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Here are the real numbers…the AAC has more undefeated teams than the SEC. The Big 10 has more undefeated teams than the SEC.
Conference USA, the Big 12, Mountain West, and the ACC have the same number of undefeated teams as the SEC.

Without Georgia the SEC would be the Mid-Atlantic conference of the P5. I’d say pat your own head but that might be graduate level stuff for a SEC student.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
1. No football at undergrad, I was enlisted and did what they used to call “University Without Walls,” my bachelors is a mutt of classes from three or four different schools that had on base programs.

2. You may not like it, but there it is. For some reason people don’t seem to get this. The AP vote for college football is absolutely, positively meaningless. It is like the US News and World Report ranking of colleges - cute but the last reason you need when picking a school. The AP vote has zero play in the BCS selection. It hurts you, I guess, but IF ‘Bama fails to win the SEC championship and any other team from a Power 5 conference wins their conference with only one loss (or none) then ‘Bama is out.

There is still a lot of football but I’d say (judging from where we stand now) the will be
  1. Georgia
  2. Michigan (the Michigan State game should be epic and could change this)
  3. OU
  4. Oregon
I couldn’t even guess who might win but Georgia looks consistently good and have the chops.

Speaking of AP, remember the Bob Hope AP All-American teams?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Here are the real numbers…the AAC has more undefeated teams than the SEC. The Big 10 has more undefeated teams than the SEC.
Conference USA, the Big 12, Mountain West, and the ACC have the same number of undefeated teams as the SEC.

Without Georgia the SEC would be the Mid-Atlantic conference of the P5. I’d say pat your own head but that might be graduate level stuff for a SEC student.
Oh yes, undefeated teams against shitty schedules. Like Oklahoma, squeaking by freaking Kansas. Like Wake Forest. Like Cincy squeaking by Navy. Like Coastal Carolina oops they lost. Like Oklahoma State undefeated and ranked top ten losing as a touchdown underdog to another shitty unranked team.

Theres a reason two loss A&M is ranked above two one loss Big12 teams and would be heavily favored if they played.

Sorry you don’t like that the SEC is overwhelmingly the most talented, most competitive conference. Sorry they’re the only ones with a prayer of getting two teams in the playoff. Sorry you are so bad at this. Embarrassing really.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Oh yes, undefeated teams against shitty schedules. Like Oklahoma, squeaking by freaking Kansas. Like Wake Forest. Like Cincy squeaking by Navy. Like Coastal Carolina oops they lost. Like Oklahoma State undefeated and ranked top ten losing as a touchdown underdog to another shitty unranked team.

Theres a reason two loss A&M is ranked above two one loss Big12 teams and would be heavily favored if they played.

Sorry you don’t like that the SEC is overwhelmingly the most talented, most competitive conference. Sorry they’re the only ones with a prayer of getting two teams in the playoff. Sorry you are so bad at this. Embarrassing really.
Zzzzz…typical SEC stuff. “Everybody is bad but us and the reporters say so!” AAC! AAC!

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
And the results on the field. And the NFL draft. And recruiting. And anyone who isn’t delusional.
There you go with the draft…sure, I’ll grant you that lots of BBQ eating fatties make it to the NFL for a few seasons sweating on the line, but the best of the best are from other conferences.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
OK, I have to be fair, the kid from Alabama is really shining up in New England. If he stays healthy he’ll have a great career.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
So far the best game of the day was the Big 10 Michigan vs Michigan State game…quite exciting. Georgia’s defense is terrifying and will almost certainly carry them to the top. OU finally looked like a ranked team and Lincoln Riley was kind to Rattler in the end. Wisconsin’s thumping of Iowa wasn’t expected and Colorado at least stayed in the fight against Oregon. So far, a good day of football.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
So far the best game of the day was the Big 10 Michigan vs Michigan State game…quite exciting. Georgia’s defense is terrifying and will almost certainly carry them to the top. OU finally looked like a ranked team and Lincoln Riley was kind to Rattler in the end. Wisconsin’s thumping of Iowa wasn’t expected and Colorado at least stayed in the fight against Oregon. So far, a good day of football.

Concur. Next week, we have Auburn vs Texas A&M. If A&M beats Auburn and Auburn beats ‘Bama, there could be a 3 way tie atop the SEC West to face Georgia.

Looking further out, Ohio State ends the year at home vs Michigan State and then at Michigan.

Right now, I’m guessing Georgia, Cincinnati, Oklahoma and then the Big-10 winner.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Concur. Next week, we have Auburn vs Texas A&M. If A&M beats Auburn and Auburn beats ‘Bama, there could be a 3 way tie atop the SEC West to face Georgia.

Looking further out, Ohio State ends the year at home vs Michigan State and then at Michigan.

Right now, I’m guessing Georgia, Cincinnati, Oklahoma and then the Big-10 winner.
I tend to agree. OU still has to get past a very tough OSU who are always out to beat up some Sooners in that famous rivalry game. Baylor is no slouch but if OU keep playing like they did yesterday they will be good. Even so, watching Georgia’s defense was something else.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I tend to agree. OU still has to get past a very tough OSU who are always out to beat up some Sooners in that famous rivalry game. Baylor is no slouch but if OU keep playing like they did yesterday they will be good. Even so, watching Georgia’s defense was something else.

On a different subject, for those who remember the music from NFL Films, years ago they released a CD called “The Power and Glory”. Here it is on youtube, hilariously you can hear the same music now in SpongeBob Squarepants…

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
First playoff rankings are out. Turns out remaining undefeated against garbage competition isn’t the most important factor?

First swipe is mostly meaningless. Alabama HAS to win the SEC to stay in…the rules prohibit a zero loss P5 with a conference championship to be replaced by an also ran…I could be wrong…but I doubt Alabama is going to beat Georgia.