• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

taxi1

pilot
Huge churn in Happy Valley if Franklin is going to bolt for USC or LSU. He's been playing rope-a-dope for months on the question.

Setting aside what's best for Big State U, I think he should jump at the chance if it comes. Head coach at the Hollywood school is big time, and he's not that locked into the community here. His family spent the pandemic during remote learning living in Florida, so he was a geo-bachelor. Small burg in Central PA versus center of the entertainment universe...

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Huge churn in Happy Valley if Franklin is going to bolt for USC or LSU. He's been playing rope-a-dope for months on the question.

Setting aside what's best for Big State U, I think he should jump at the chance if it comes. Head coach at the Hollywood school is big time, and he's not that locked into the community here. His family spent the pandemic during remote learning living in Florida, so he was a geo-bachelor. Small burg in Central PA versus center of the entertainment universe...

You think Franklin will jump? Penn State is a great program to be in charge of - not sure why you would want to give that up.

taxi1

pilot
You think Franklin will jump? Penn State is a great program to be in charge of - not sure why you would want to give that up.
I wouldn’t, and this is a great program with a rabid fan base (good and bad) and stadium, etc. But if you were one of those coaches always wanting more, there are other places that give you an opportunity to get more. We’ll find out…

johnboyA6E

None
i get the sense that Cinnci has one more chance to blow out a bad team before they get moved down.

this week vs. Tulsa they should put up 40+, if the can't do that they cant stay in the top half of the top 10

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
#3 Michigan St is in big trouble, down by 13 to Purdue with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Also, Wake Forest fell from the unbeatens, losing a wild one 58-55 to UNC.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Michigan State falls and Ohio State struggles against Nebraska (sounds familiar). Cincinnati won but that win is going to be a kind of a “yeah…but…” kind of win (again, sounds familiar). A&M looked good but further down the line there was plenty of churn.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Wild finish seems likely for the Big10 standings

It looks like it will come down to MSU at Ohio State on Nov 20th. If MSU wins, they take the Big Ten East. If Ohio State wins, then the game the next week at Michigan is a decider. You could have 3 teams with identical conference records. Of note, if Ohio State wins the Big Ten, their 1 loss will be to likely PAC-12 champion Oregon. Hard to see how Ohio State moves ahead of the Ducks.

Playoff picks: I will guess Georgia, Oregon, BIG-10 champ and Oklahoma with Cincinnati stuck on the outside.