• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Texas got blown out by Arkansas. Arkansas is on track for a .500 conference record at best. You have the college football knowledge of a 12 year old girl.
Yet OU is undefeated and Alabama isn’t going to the playoffs because they got smashed by an unranked Texas team. So, girls rule I guess.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Yet OU is undefeated and Alabama isn’t going to the playoffs because they got smashed by an unranked Texas team. So, girls rule I guess.

Alabama, although very good, is not dominant as in previous years - I saw that in their game vs Florida. That said, losing at an opponent’s field on the last play of the game is not the same as getting smashed. As for A&M, they started the season in the top 10, went unranked, but I expect them to run the table and finish in the top 10.

On a different subject, interesting that two of the leading Heisman candidates, the QB’s from Clemson and Oklahoma, are now both relegated to 2nd string. Crazy year.

And the Big-10 is fascinating this year.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Alabama, although very good, is not dominant as in previous years - I saw that in their game vs Florida. That said, losing at an opponent’s field on the last play of the game is not the same as getting smashed. As for A&M, they started the season in the top 10, went unranked, but I expect them to run the table and finish in the top 10.

On a different subject, interesting that two of the leading Heisman candidates, the QB’s from Clemson and Oklahoma, are now both relegated to 2nd string. Crazy year.

And the Big-10 is fascinating this year.
I don’t know…it seems (looking at it like an SEC jock-sniffer) that any game OU wins is simply because the “other guys” are so crappy and any loss or close game in the SEC is because they are so very hyper competitive. I opened this season’s discussion with a single point…the SEC (and most other FBS) conferences are made up of two or three great teams and a bunch of also rans. There are 14 teams in the SEC and I posit that OU could beat them all with the exception of Georgia this year. I also believe Texas could beat at about 10 of them. I think Baylor could readily beat eight or nine of them. My point has always been that the SEC (as a conference) is overrated. And the answer why is always the same, about 6 of their teams play at the Junior College level (and at least one of those is a former Big 12 actually reinforcing my point) and the rest are average programs that play decent college ball.

To your other points…Big 10 deserves two spots (Mich and Mich State) above Alabama. Even Ohio deserves some consideration. Rattler absolutely lost whatever “it” was this year…more amazingly a true freshman is looking like a strong player in the breech. Isn’t Georgia also playing their start-of-the-year second stringer?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I don’t know…it seems (looking at it like an SEC jock-sniffer) that any game OU wins is simply because the “other guys” are so crappy and any loss or close game in the SEC is because they are so very hyper competitive. I opened this season’s discussion with a single point…the SEC (and most other FBS) conferences are made up of two or three great teams and a bunch of also rans. There are 14 teams in the SEC and I posit that OU could beat them all with the exception of Georgia this year. I also believe Texas could beat at about 10 of them. I think Baylor could readily beat eight or nine of them. My point has always been that the SEC (as a conference) is overrated. And the answer why is always the same, about 6 of their teams play at the Junior College level (and at least one of those is a former Big 12 actually reinforcing my point) and the rest are average programs that play decent college ball.

To your other points…Big 10 deserves two spots (Mich and Mich State) above Alabama. Even Ohio deserves some consideration. Rattler absolutely lost whatever “it” was this year…more amazingly a true freshman is looking like a strong player in the breech. Isn’t Georgia also playing their start-of-the-year second stringer?

I’ve always liked Oklahoma and the wishbone. I find them very similar to Clemson, a strong school in an otherwise weak conference. The difference is that Clemson has gone to the playoffs and done well including winning a couple of national championships- Oklahoma has not had much success when facing powers from other conferences. I am looking forward to them and Texas in the SEC.

Georgia’s starting QB was playing well but got hurt - the Bulldogs now have 2 proven QB’s.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Alabama is in if they win the rest. As for your other posts, holy shit. You even went back to the “former big12” nonsense.

Texas got dominated and blown out by former southwest conference Arkansas lolololol. But they’d totally beat the rest of the SEC.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Alabama is in if they win the rest. As for your other posts, holy shit. You even went back to the “former big12” nonsense.

Texas got dominated and blown out by former southwest conference Arkansas lolololol. But they’d totally beat the rest of the SEC.
Alabama has to beat Georgia in the SEC playoff to make it…I suppose that’s possible The rest is perfect. “SEC!” is just something the rednecks chant because 90% of the teams in their conference aren’t worth cheering for on their own. Alabama totally got dominated by a former Big 12 also-ran…so there is that.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I’ve always liked Oklahoma and the wishbone. I find them very similar to Clemson, a strong school in an otherwise weak conference. The difference is that Clemson has gone to the playoffs and done well including winning a couple of national championships- Oklahoma has not had much success when facing powers from other conferences. I am looking forward to them and Texas in the SEC.

Georgia’s starting QB was playing well but got hurt - the Bulldogs now have 2 proven QB’s.
I have no doubt that they will change the SEC power establishment. Thanks for the info on the GA QB.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I have no doubt that they will change the SEC power establishment. Thanks for the info on the GA QB.

What I expect to happen is that the SEC will split into 2 eight team divisions with Alabama and Auburn moving to the East. Oklahoma will then be a perennial contender for the SEC West crown, fighting with LSU and Texas A&M.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
What I expect to happen is that the SEC will split into 2 eight team divisions with Alabama and Auburn moving to the East. Oklahoma will then be a perennial contender for the SEC West crown, fighting with LSU and Texas A&M.
Interesting. I read somewhere that NCAA is moving toward a limited number of conferences.

SlickAg

pilot
“SEC!” is just something the rednecks chant because 90% of the teams in their conference aren’t worth cheering for on their own.
Clearly, you’ve never had the joy of watching idiots mindlessly yell “Boomer!” for the very simple reason that they got rejected by every school in Texas to which they applied. And this, of course, is applicable only to the very small percentage of fans who actually went to school there.

As far as the Okie t-shirt fans go...I love how you think there’s some big difference between them and some random SEC t-shirt fan. Newsflash: there isn’t much difference between your run of the mill Oklahoman and Arkansan.

BLAB: it’s so funny that the school you fanboy so hard for has an entirely different opinion of the SEC than you do. Why would they leave such a competitive and amazing conference like the Big 12? Money? You mean, the Big 12 doesn’t pull in nearly as much money as the SEC? Turns out there’s a reason for that.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Clearly, you’ve never had the joy of watching idiots mindlessly yell “Boomer!” for the very simple reason that they got rejected by every school in Texas to which they applied. And this, of course, is applicable only to the very small percentage of fans who actually went to school there.

As far as the Okie t-shirt fans go...I love how you think there’s some big difference between them and some random SEC t-shirt fan. Newsflash: there isn’t much difference between your run of the mill Oklahoman and Arkansan.

BLAB: it’s so funny that the school you fanboy so hard for has an entirely different opinion of the SEC than you do. Why would they leave such a competitive and amazing conference like the Big 12? Money? You mean, the Big 12 doesn’t pull in nearly as much money as the SEC? Turns out there’s a reason for that.
One is cheering for a team…the other for a conference…but only during football season (after which most of them will drop out and go to work at Walmart). Perhaps your SEC education is failing you again.

Hint…I‘ll say it again, just so you understand. I don’t care about conferences. I don’t care about the Big 12, Big 10, the Independents, or any other. I simply dislike the vastly over-rated, two good teams SEC. When OU and Texas arrive the power dynamic will change as it has many times before. It is called parity.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
An okie running his mouth after needing a 4th down miracle to escape fucking Kansas is absurd. An okie talking trash about rednecks and academics is off the fucking scale.
An SEC fan whose school is probably one of 12 perennial losers in a conference with 14 teams so all he can scream is…SEC! SEC!

Football is all about miracles. It seems to me ‘Bama could use a few after losing to an unranked team.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
An SEC fan whose school is probably one of 12 perennial losers in a conference with 14 teams so all he can scream is…SEC! SEC!

Football is all about miracles. It seems to me ‘Bama could use a few after losing to an unranked team.
A&M beat the dogshit out of Oklahoma the last time they played. Oklahoma was the Big12 champ going into that beat down. Oops. By recent performances, A&M would likely stomp Oklahoma now too.