• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
An important question has been avoided here:

What the hell is this "JO course," and is it related to this weird chaplain thing we're making primary poolees do here in Corpus?

I am curious as to what mando chaplain course they would be requiring SNA’s to take?

FinkUFreaky

pilot
When I was in Primary (TW-5), 3 was just treated as the number that could give you an IPC. Anecdotally, I heard NASC pink sheets were more or less overlooked. IPCs were also a bit fluid. I heard from my STUCON that IPC records are removed from your ATJ when you go to advanced. COPCs stay though. Plus, as the Navy needs aircrew of both flavors at the current moment, the farther you go in the pipeline, the more inclined CNATRA is to keep you around (if you are doing your part on the knowledge/attitude). That said, it might not necessarily be in the same pipeline or program.
Possible someone else has answered this already, I’m only on page 4 of 20-something. But in case not, API and NIFE pink sheets for sure count towards the three. Most likely the NASC pink sheets pre-API aren’t. Probably purposefully by NASC. I know times we have given students in one of the VTs a “pink sheet” for OLQ, like missing (or being late for) a brief for example. It was given in pink, but put in their training jackets as white. If they made it through primary, without it adding up to 3 (IPC) or another (CO-PC now, used to be FPC), it was removed and only the actual event failures were counted.

exNavyOffRec

Sorry, should’ve been more clear. No one is currently given the option out of OCS to either check directly in to PCola or go on OHARP, all graduates are getting OHARP’d. Additionally, it appears that there is no more year long wait in PCola doing a stash job until NIFE, they’re just going to keep us on OHARP until our spot in NIFE is ready at which time we PCS to PCola, do NAMI and the JO course and roll more directly into NIFE rather than the extended wait.

Edit: keep in mind this is all collective gouge from people at various stages of the pipeline, none of whom have any official inside knowledge of what is going on. Everything could change at a moments notice and it appears that it most likely will in the near future given they have tripled the size of NIFE classes. Also, since they took next to no one on the last board and apparently are canceling the next board, that wait time could get whittled down in a hurry since there are no more bodies getting added to the current wait pool for the foreseeable future.
They shipped nearly all of the SNA FY 23 accessions already minus about 40 people so the damage was already done, FY 24 will start going to OCS in early July 2023.

The minimal selections on the most recent board and the issues with the next one are due to over-selecting and having most of FY 24 filled already.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah another guy and I turned down OHARP out of OCS last month… still got OHARP on the orders! No option right now. I just hadn’t heard of people being sent back to OHARP recently. I’m still executing my PCS at the end of the 90 days, so no OHARP until classing up for me. Hopefully the wait shortens, but if not, hopefully they allow a stash job!
Several years ago we had guys that did OHARP 2-3 different times with us.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Basically what I'm reading in this thread is that the eternal A-pool student harassment pendulum has fully swung in the direction of "crack down on the butterbars and make them do real work."

Which means in 3-4 years, after the current NASC staff has all PCSed out, kids are going to be posting here (or Reddit, or somewhere) asking what stash jobs they're going to get.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

Grizzly18

Hey all, I know there's been a lot of questions about OHARP, but don't think this one has been asked or if anyone will know the answer. I am an SNA slated to go to OCS Jan 22, and graduating in late April. I went to school 8 hours away from where I currently live (my hometown) and my recruiting office is another 2 hours away from my university. So my question is if I was told I have to do OHARP would me and my gf have to move 500 miles away so I could help out my officer recruiter for 90 days before turning around and moving across the country to Florida for flight school? Or could I help out an enlisted recruiter that is in my hometown? ( The nearest officer recruiter is 3 hours away from where I currently live as far as I know.) Thanks for any insight!

exNavyOffRec

Hey all, I know there's been a lot of questions about OHARP, but don't think this one has been asked or if anyone will know the answer. I am an SNA slated to go to OCS Jan 22, and graduating in late April. I went to school 8 hours away from where I currently live (my hometown) and my recruiting office is another 2 hours away from my university. So my question is if I was told I have to do OHARP would me and my gf have to move 500 miles away so I could help out my officer recruiter for 90 days before turning around and moving across the country to Florida for flight school? Or could I help out an enlisted recruiter that is in my hometown? ( The nearest officer recruiter is 3 hours away from where I currently live as far as I know.) Thanks for any insight!
Much of this depends on the CO or the recruiting district, it could be anything from show up a few days a week at the closest office so they know you are alive to having to show up each day and you are working for an officer doing what needs done, or anything in between.

HACAPT45

They shipped nearly all of the SNA FY 23 accessions already minus about 40 people so the damage was already done, FY 24 will start going to OCS in early July 2023.

The minimal selections on the most recent board and the issues with the next one are due to over-selecting and having most of FY 24 filled already.
SNA Class 06/23 date Nov6 (Nov'21 Board). Thanks for that enlightening news. Many of us "pushed" selectees (perhaps the "40") from that board still waiting with absolutely NO news. Met with my OR yesterday his comments "stay ready", could be a last minute" but he had nothing like what you posted ....

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Lol, maybe. You won’t really know until you’re close to graduating OCS.

JoeBob1788

As of 2 months ago, you could request essentially wherever you want. Currently I report to a local office run by a PO1, because the actual NRD office is 1.5 hours away.

EDIT: so you’ll request the NTAG you fall under, then contact the OPs O and work it out with him as to which sub-station you report to. Mine was very accommodating.

exNavyOffRec

As of 2 months ago, you could request essentially wherever you want. Currently I report to a local office run by a PO1, because the actual NRD office is 1.5 hours away.

EDIT: so you’ll request the NTAG you fall under, then contact the OPs O and work it out with him as to which sub-station you report to. Mine was very accommodating.
You are prior coming right from AD so they may have been more lenient, some can be very accommodating, others view OHARP sailors as regular members of the command expecting them to work every day. and others are in between.