• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

For those who have already received orders to report to Pcola from OHARP, did you guys get a heads up in advance or is it like here’s your orders, report next week? Also, did you all receive a phone call or email from the detailer when your orders popped or do I need to keep checking NSIPS?

jointhelocalizer

pilot
The question I have is that from commissioning or is that when Big Navy finally lets you PCS to Pensacola? If it is from commissioning, then the Navy did a really good job of working through the backlog in a timely manner.

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
The question I have is that from commissioning or is that when Big Navy finally lets you PCS to Pensacola? If it is from commissioning, then the Navy did a really good job of working through the backlog in a timely manner.
I believe Villo is saying that from check-in date in P-Cola (read: once you've PCS'd) to class-up is 6-7 months for SNA's. NFOs used to be quicker than that but the backlog adjustments may have changed their timelines in some way, cant speak to that.

NASC almost tripled the amount of SNA's per class from what it was a year ago.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Spring 23 NROTC aviation selects at my unit were told to expect orders to a squadron or other stash in September and to be there anywhere from 4-6 months until reporting to Pensacola. I think this reflects the wait as it is now more than anything, so the wait will probably fluctuate

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Spring 23 NROTC aviation selects...
I vividly remember receiving verbal service selection for Aviation/Pilot in early February of my senior year - I was ecstatic! Actual orders came 2 weeks before commissioning on 30 April - I was Pensacola bound by June. These were the days when you "just showed up" and student control at NASC just figured it out. Although these orders showed a class date of 8 SEP 86. It was very common to wing as an Ensign regardless of pipeline

1675374837938.png

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
I vividly remember receiving verbal service selection for Aviation/Pilot in early February of my senior year - I was ecstatic! Actual orders came 2 weeks before commissioning on 30 April - I was Pensacola bound by June. These were the days when you "just showed up" and student control at NASC just figured it out. Although these orders showed a class date of 8 SEP 86. It was very common to wing as an Ensign regardless of pipeline
This is really cool. And I’m jealous of your pipeline - I’ll be lucky to wing as a JG apparently!